P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

So pleased you slept well Jane - that is such good news.

I’m part of the 49% ers too. I have a king size bed and my cockapoo Freddie takes up 2/3 of it with me often hanging off the edge (not fallen out - yet!)

Graham - hope no after effects later from 2nd jab and enjoy your celebratory McDonalds.

Gill x

Thanks Gill x

47 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

So pleased you slept well Jane - that is such good news.

I’m part of the 49% ers too. I have a king size bed and my cockapoo Freddie takes up 2/3 of it with me often hanging off the edge (not fallen out - yet!)

Graham - hope no after effects later from 2nd jab and enjoy your celebratory McDonalds.

Gill x

Thanks Gill. Glad you are a member of the 49% ers too. How do Cockapoos manage to take up so much room? They look quite small until they stretch out on your bed. I'm just glad I haven't got a Bull Mastiff! Have a good day. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Jane.

Before lockdown as a sales representative I only used McDonald's for a coffee and to use their toilet if necessary if I was out all day.

Yesterday we got fish and chips and sat outside a restaurant at Royal Quays North Shields before driving half a mile down the road to see Azura.

We are looking forward to eating in restaurants or even pubs after May 17th.

I hope you are feeling a lot more comfortable today.

Graham x

Thanks Graham. I love hearing about your forays in Shields - lovely childhood memories for me. I saw the pics of Azura, which is probably my favourite in the fleet, and I'd give anything to be sailing on her right now. Have a good day. Jane.x

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Thanks all for your nods to me this morning. You don't know what it means- really. It's lovely to have such good friends who I've never met but hope to some time soon.

Kalos your post was a blinder this morning! Thanks for a real laugh out loud. 

Michelle I'm another member of the 49% club. My little dog actually goes to bed before me if he's tired. I've bought a selection of beds for him in his three year lifetime and he uses them all -  during the day! 

Eddie, I did sleep really surprisingly well thanks - drugs, medicinal of course, are a wonderful thing. Mind you I'd have bought anything off some yob in the street that first night so desperate was I. 

I'm feeling a bit better today folks after a good sleep. My daughter, who is absolutely feather-spitting furious that I didn't tell her until yesterday, has taken over. She's coming over today with food and more drugs and bringing the girls to cheer me up. I didn't tell her on Tuesday because she's such a worry-guts and would have come racing over and demanded a trip to A&E there and then - and I didn't want that. Also, and I can tell you guys of a certain age this, falls are a very common reason for admissions in the elderly. I didn't want to become one of those statistics in front of my daughter. She still thinks of me as a young- ish woman with a great career, totally independent, with no real health problems et al. My bad, my proud!

Anyway, that's me folks. Bit sore, feeling a bit foolish now, but overall in good shape. Thanks again and best wishes to all. Jane.x

Pleased to hear that you are now on the mend. My advice is to let those who want to help you, to do so, at least until you can safely and confidently do things for yourself. 
Our dog Charlie is very much a sleep downstairs dog at home but in the caravan, because there are no stairs as a demarcation zone, he sleeps with us, all 20+ kg of him!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Pleased to hear that you are now on the mend. My advice is to let those who want to help you, to do so, at least until you can safely and confidently do things for yourself. 
Our dog Charlie is very much a sleep downstairs dog at home but in the caravan, because there are no stairs as a demarcation zone, he sleeps with us, all 20+ kg of him!

Thanks Pete. All advice is much appreciated and gladly taken.  20+kg -wow that's heavy. Hope he doesn't get ideas about changing his home arrangements! Jane.x

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh Jane, when you do somethiing you really make statement don't you? I'm so glad you decided to go to A&E, I was worried about you. Now you know what's wrong you can rest and heal. Get your tears out, and tomorrow morning you can cry with laughter when kalos posts his morning pick-me-up, it's the best tonic there is. You have all your CC friends here to support you, help keep your spirits up, and keep you company, so keep chatting when you feel the need. 

Take care Jane🤗🤗🤗xxx

Avril

Hello Avril. So sorry I didn't thank you personally but here's a belated thanks for your lovely post from yesterday. I am bowled over to have so many friends on CC and you were right - I cried all my tears, wiped my eyes, then had to dry them again after Kalos's post this morning. But they were tears of laughter thinking about that goldfish. I see poor Jean is getting the blame for all us ladies falling. Another exclusive club in the CC community - please don't join it! Best wishes. Jane.xxxx

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Thanks Graham. I love hearing about your forays in Shields - lovely childhood memories for me. I saw the pics of Azura, which is probably my favourite in the fleet, and I'd give anything to be sailing on her right now. Have a good day. Jane.x

Thanks Jane.

Had second Pfizer Vaccine so sitting in the waiting room.

We had our McDonald's before I got here.

Graham x

59 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Hello Avril. So sorry I didn't thank you personally but here's a belated thanks for your lovely post from yesterday. I am bowled over to have so many friends on CC and you were right - I cried all my tears, wiped my eyes, then had to dry them again after Kalos's post this morning. But they were tears of laughter thinking about that goldfish. I see poor Jean is getting the blame for all us ladies falling. Another exclusive club in the CC community - please don't join it! Best wishes. Jane.xxxx

I'm pleased you're feeling better this morning Jane and had a good night's rest,  you know how important that is. Kalos is real lift every morning with his posts, long may they continue and I hope he never runs out of material. His goldfish was a good laugh and also his pet tree🤣

Let your daughter help Jane, she loves you. I know it can be a knock to your pride, but pride comes before a fall, not after😉. Enjoy her visits and ministrations and you'll feel much better.

Take care. xx

Avril

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Thanks Jane.

At South Shields now xx

IMG_20210506_131456.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6

Funny sort of day here, we had snow and ice on the car when we went for our morning walk, but the sun was coming up and it felt quite pleasant.

What's all this 49% stuff about, is it the number of ladies that manage a walk without falling over?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, pete14 said:

I was chuckling away at Kalos’ daily witticisms whilst watching the snow falling here in sometimes sunny Stoke. Nice big flakes but too wet for them to settle. 

😮

4 hours ago, Beckett said:

Azura has a special place in my heart as we had our first cruise on her! I’ll never forget the first sight of her, I couldn’t believe how big she was!

I love your story about your daughter wanting to look after you but you not wanting her to fuss! I hope you enjoy her visit and I’m sure you’ll enjoy seeing the granddaughters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Jane.

Had second Pfizer Vaccine so sitting in the waiting room.

We had our McDonald's before I got here.

Graham x

Good you’ve had your second jab Graham, hope no ill effects for you.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Beckett said:

Can I join this club I "Fell" or at least collapsed with no warning and taken to hospital via ambulance after tests still no wiser about the cause but I did suffer a broken wrist due to contact with the ground 😂 it happened a little while ago though so I may not qualify 😵

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, July morning said:

Can I join this club I "Fell" or at least collapsed with no warning and taken to hospital via ambulance after tests still no wiser about the cause but I did suffer a broken wrist due to contact with the ground 😂 it happened a little while ago though so I may not qualify 😵

Anybody can join, no extra points for swan dives, triple pikes or backwards and forward falls. Any old trip or stumble qualifies.

image.jpeg.415a06a4b9b283e3631bd39410d5a16b.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Hi JM - welcome to the club

My fall was back in ?Jan/Feb? and was the result of not noticing black ice. Actually I thought I did it rather well - like Jane Torvill at the end of the “Bolero” routine 😂🤣😂.  Happily little more than bruised pride - didn’t even crack my iPhone screen, though I landed on it in my back pocket

It’s been a better day today.  We even incorporated a trip to the pub into our morning walk, so it developed into an early light lunch.  Curry for supper, using the remains of Sunday’s turkey joint.  I’ll roast the rest of Sunday’s cauliflower to have with it.  Anyone else tried roast cauli?  It’s lovely

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Hi JM - welcome to the club

My fall was back in ?Jan/Feb? and was the result of not noticing black ice. Actually I thought I did it rather well - like Jane Torvill at the end of the “Bolero” routine 😂🤣😂.  Happily little more than bruised pride - didn’t even crack my iPhone screen, though I landed on it in my back pocket

It’s been a better day today.  We even incorporated a trip to the pub into our morning walk, so it developed into an early light lunch.  Curry for supper, using the remains of Sunday’s turkey joint.  I’ll roast the rest of Sunday’s cauliflower to have with it.  Anyone else tried roast cauli?  It’s lovely

Roast cauli is nice, I regularly make curries with cauli these days, cut the florets up small, its tasty. Tried it once on a cruise many moons ago and really liked it.

My son does that roast his cauliflower and broccoli , I’ve never tried it my self but I used to par boil the cauliflower then let it go cold then did in flour and egg then bread crumbs and deep fry , it’s what we used to always get in the officer’s mess back in the 80,s really loved it but I haven’t done it for 20 years or so , but I will try and roast it but I’m not a fan of crunchy vegetables if that’s what they turn out to be .

I played golf this morning - first time for months that we have been able to have competitions. We had a lighthearted one playing in 3s. Weather was dry, but with a cold wind so afterwards we all had a quick cup of coffee outdoors in groups of 6. It was lovely to see everyone again and even better our team was 2nd and we won a bottle of wine each! 

I’m afraid I’m also a member of the fallers club. A few weeks ago everywhere around here was very muddy and twice on our daily walks I slipped over! Very embarrassed and wounded pride definitely, but thankfully apart from some bruises and coming home covered in mud I didn’t suffer any after effects. OH now keeps telling me to be careful and watch where I’m walking which can be quite irritating 🤣🤣

• Like 4

I hope everyone who has fallen recently continues to improve and those who have had 2nd jabs have no side effects.My hubby has volunteered to help direct people at the Vaccination centre (our local theatre) and during his first shift today he saw 3 people faint all quite big men!!A couple of them said they were feeling faint first but another just fell on the floor from his chair without warning!

Won't be on the CC boards much next week as we are travelling to Devon tomorrow for a weeks holiday!Hoping to see a cruise ship or 2 if they are venturing out to the Torbay area. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Won't be on the CC boards much next week as we are travelling to Devon tomorrow for a weeks holiday!Hoping to see a cruise ship or 2 if they are venturing out to the Torbay area. 

Have a lovely holiday Ann, we went to Babbacombe last September and had a lovely time exploring and walking the coastal path.

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

Have a lovely holiday Ann, we went to Babbacombe last September and had a lovely time exploring and walking the coastal path.

Thank you.We visited Torquay (and Babbacombe) a couple of years ago.We are staying at an apartment in Totnes that my sister and her husband stayed in last week and they say it is lovely.I am just looking forward to seeing the sea!!Hope to go to Dartmouth and Kingswear again and perhaps Salcombe

I have just won Euromillions!

Actually it is MUCH better than that. I have just had confirmed that my MRI scan and all the other tests indicate that the cancer scare is either a low grade cancer or not cancer at all. Not even any need for a biopsy. The treatment? annual monitoring of my PSA level and if it goes above about 4.5 they will take another look, next blood test next year.

I have a bottle of Cava to stick in the fridge, or maybe not, second jab tomorrow.

😁🥳

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1