P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

40 minutes ago, kalos said:

Glad all went well Graham :classic_smile: I was saving one of my better jokes to tell you with the hope

it would have you in stiches but I can see from the photo someone has beat me to it :classic_wink::classic_unsure:

Look after yourself and best wishes to you and Pauline :classic_love:

Thank you Kalos.

I hope you and Mrs Kalos have a fabulous Christmas.

Best wishes mate.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you so much for all your well wishes.

My op was at 09.30am and I was home at 11.00am.

Pauline stopped in the car at the hospital all the time I was in.

Graham.

IMG-20211224-WA0000.jpg

Glad it all went well. Your stitches make you look like a cross between Harry Potter and Zorro. 😇🥴

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

Big discussion for this morning - chips !

My mum, like everyone else I guess in the 50s and 60s, made her own chips,  and, depending on the potatoes she used, they varied from firm and crispy to soggy, brown and sweet (too high a sugar content in the potatoes)

Cooking for myself I progressed to a saucepan full of "Crisp and Dry" (burning the kitchen down an occupational hazard) before moving on to the the technologically advanced deep fat fryer, with Mazola oil (free as I worked for the company !)

Nowadays, I'm ashamed to admit that I use frozen oven chips,  with the Wowzz seal of approval going to the Aldi/Lidl chunky oven chips range made with Maris potatoes.  Although, for an occasional treat, and to give my arteries a challenge,  the Aldi beef dripping chips are excellent!  

The best chips ever are real potato chips deep fried in dripping. Nowadays though, for health reasons, I toss unpeeled potato wedges in a little olive oil and roast them in the  top of the oven until crispy. Very tasty😋

Avril

• Like 6

Graham.

IMG-20211224-WA0000.jpg

Glad it went ok and you're home so quickly. Now rest and enjoy your Christmas!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

The best chips ever are real potato chips deep fried in dripping. Nowadays though, for health reasons, I toss unpeeled potato wedges in a little olive oil and roast them in the  top of the oven until crispy. Very tasty😋

Avril

Mum used to use good old fashioned lard in the chip pan and real potatoes. Still can't beat those chips with any of the healthier versions now no matter how we try.

• Like 2

Graham.

IMG-20211224-WA0000.jpg

All over and done with now Graham and back home, so it's time to enjoy the festivities.

Avril

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Mum used to use good old fashioned lard in the chip pan and real potatoes. Still can't beat those chips with any of the healthier versions now no matter how we try.

We had ‘chippy fish and chips’ fried in beef fat a couple of days ago at Blists Hill open air Museum in Ironbridge. Much nicer than any alternative. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

All over and done with now Graham and back home, so it's time to enjoy the festivities.

Avril

Thank you Avril.

Sending our very best wishes to you,Frank and all your family for a lovely Christmas.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Avril.

Sending our very best wishes to you,Frank and all your family for a lovely Christmas.

Graham.

Hi Graham.  Glad you're home safe and sound.  Those stitches look a bit angry at the moment so just take care on that side of your face when you sleep.  I'm so glad it all went well and I hope you and Pauline have a great Christmas together.  Very best wishes.  Jane.xx

• Thanks 1

I just want to wish all my dear friends on here a very happy Christmas.  I raise a glass (of Diet Coke) to you all and send you my love and appreciation for all your kindness and support.  

Look after yourselves and keep as safe as you can.

Love and best wishes.  Jane.xxxxx

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I just want to wish all my dear friends on here a very happy Christmas.  I raise a glass (of Diet Coke) to you all and send you my love and appreciation for all your kindness and support.  

Look after yourselves and keep as safe as you can.

Love and best wishes.  Jane.xxxxx

Us Prestos would like to echo that - have a lovely Christmas everyone and very best wishes for a much better New Year 2022. We'll be raising a glass too later, but it won't just be diet coke 😉

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Hi Graham.  Glad you're home safe and sound.  Those stitches look a bit angry at the moment so just take care on that side of your face when you sleep.  I'm so glad it all went well and I hope you and Pauline have a great Christmas together.  Very best wishes.  Jane.xx

Look angry but a good excuse to have some extra tlc over Christmas - seriously take care and we hope that you have a quick recovery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Thank you Jane for your nice and helpful words.

I hope you have a deserved wonderful Happy Christmas.

Best wishes.

Graham & Pauline x

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Blimey Graham, you like you've had a night out in Sarfend!

Seriously, good to hear that your op went ahead as planned and you're back home.  Have a good Christmas.

Thank you.

Wishing you and your family a really Happy Christmas.

Graham.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Us Prestos would like to echo that - have a lovely Christmas everyone and very best wishes for a much better New Year 2022. We'll be raising a glass too later, but it won't just be diet coke 😉

And exactly the same sentiments come from your fairly close neighbours in both Stoke and Llanddulas.
Merry Christmas to everyone on here, and let us all hope that in 2022 we can live our lives without taking as many precautions as at present and that we can walk onto one of P&O’s beautiful ships with a spring in our step.

No Diet Coke here tonight either. 

• Like 7