P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I've been thinking back over the last 23 months since I became a member of this friendly forum, (after two years of lurking😊). A lot has happened in my family during that time, good, bad and sadly, two bereavements, and with the posts from my wonderful cc friends I coped.  The support you gave to a new member was surprising, but very much appreciated more than I can say.

The way we all came together and supported each other with only words was wonderful to see.

We laughed, cried, comiserated consoled and squabbled, but  remained freinds and that's what families do, even our virtual one.

Thank you for your unconditional friendship, and a big THANK YOU💕 to Sharon for continuing with this important thread.

I wish everyone a

Healthy, Happy and Prosperous New Year

Avril and Frank🥂

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I've been thinking back over the last 23 months since I became a member of this friendly forum, (after two years of lurking😊). A lot has happened in my family during that time, good, bad and sadly, two bereavements, and with the posts from my wonderful cc friends I coped.  The support you gave to a new member was surprising, but very much appreciated more than I can say.

The way we all came together and supported each other with only words was wonderful to see.

We laughed, cried, comiserated consoled and squabbled, but  remained freinds and that's what families do, even our virtual one.

Thank you for your unconditional friendship, and a big THANK YOU💕 to Sharon for continuing with this important thread.

I wish everyone a

Healthy, Happy and Prosperous New Year

Avril and Frank🥂

Thank you Avril.

You have been an extremely valued member of our group and I'm honoured to call you friend.

Graham.

IMG-20211231-WA0007.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

My Dad pessimistically said "no good turn goes unpunished" not sure why. Well today after being very stingy with the fizz, eaten almost zippo as I just didn't want it so no steak, no chicken my tum feels ready to turn itself inside out. So at 19.30 I, and canines, are off to bed if they want to externalise they can use the balcony and I will scrub it later. Happy New Year to me. 2022 come and rescue me please. Worry not tomorrow is another, hopefully better day best get laid down. 

On 12/29/2021 at 1:59 PM, grapau27 said:

Thank you so much for your good wishes.

I am back home now.

The hospital sister took the stitches out and put some antibiotic gel on the wound.

She said it had healed well.

Graham 

IMG_20211229_135338.jpg

That looks so much better Graham. What a transformation from your 'just after' picture. 

I wish you and Pauline a very happy and healthy New Year - with lots of cruises! Very best wishes. Jane.x 

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone, hope you are all ok on this New Years Eve whatever you are doing.

Hubby just prepared tea, Brie & cranberry tartlets courtesy of M & S, steak with vegetables and cheese and biscuits. On my 2nd glass of wine and eating the quality street intermittently. 
Just put James Bond No Time to Die on tv.

Happy New Year to you all, hopefully we can get back to some sort of normality next year. 
Thank you everyone for your company, wit and knowledge during 2021

Michelle

• Like 11

6 hours ago, ccpm said:

Thank you so much. I think I woke up and smelled the coffee. I was in my office looking out over the town and suddenly thought you never see super fat 60+ year olds do you? I was 53. That was October I tried and fell off the diet a zillion times but come 1.1.2007 yet another fresh start/resolution but who knows why I did it. I would add in a note of caution for anyone reading who may be in the same position you can do this via the NHS that has its own rules I would have qualified with bells on but I knew I wanted to do this and the diet was essential to prove to me I could control my eating but I had the money to get the job done if I slipped and I did. If I could have stuck to the diet I would not have had the surgery but having lost 15 stones I was not going to give that up I was going to ensure that I couldn't. I was only going one place and that was into a box 6 foot under if I put that weight back on and more beside as was my usual modus operandi.

Indulge me if I give anyone reading this in the same position a further note of caution. The weight loss is great but it brings oceans and oceans of loose skin and you look terrible, the folds can get infected and smell.  If you are ready for this great. The NHS usually will not remove it. 15 years ago it cost me £36,000 to get it done. Good for me I know but that is just a reality check I feel really needs to be given to be totally truthful.

Inspirational Emma - truly inspirational. So very well done. I'm in awe! Jane.x 

• Like 1

Just a massive thanks to you all. 

You have made me laugh, commiserated with my (many) down days, wobbles and breaks, and have kept me going through the long hard months of Covid. I would love to thank you all personally, to buy you a drink, and to give you big hugs, but I can't. So, I will just say once more that you are my big virtual family and I appreciate all that you have given me. Thank you so very much.

Happy New Year dear friends. With love and very best wishes from Jane.xxxxx

• Like 16

I just received  this from one of my covid hub friends and thought that I would pass it on to those of you who are also helping out with the roll out of the vaccine either as part of the NHS or as volunteers in whatever capacity.

Saw this online and wanted to share.

To the vaccinators and volunteers,

Spreading hope and calming fears.

For good times and bad, and laughter shared,

A small thing to show we've cared.

Still a way to go to get the job done,

But sending best wishes for the year to come.IMG-20211231-WA0002.thumb.jpg.ceebda2c2e7d2b818881b300d02c1c7d.jpg

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Just a massive thanks to you all. 

You have made me laugh, commiserated with my (many) down days, wobbles and breaks, and have kept me going through the long hard months of Covid. I would love to thank you all personally, to buy you a drink, and to give you big hugs, but I can't. So, I will just say once more that you are my big virtual family and I appreciate all that you have given me. Thank you so very much.

Happy New Year dear friends. With love and very best wishes from Jane.xxxxx

Happy New Year Jane.

I think that I speak for most of us here when I  say that I am in awe of the work that you and your NHS colleagues are doing everyday.  I hope that I meet you one day on a  cruise so that I can have tge opportunity to thank you properly and to buy you a well earned drink.

Best wishes Josy

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

That looks so much better Graham. What a transformation from your 'just after' picture. 

I wish you and Pauline a very happy and healthy New Year - with lots of cruises! Very best wishes. Jane.x 

Thank you so much Jane.

Pauline and i wish you a very Happy New Year and all the best for next year.

Take care.

Graham x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Happy New Year Jane.

I think that I speak for most of us here when I  say that I am in awe of the work that you and your NHS colleagues are doing everyday.  I hope that I meet you one day on a  cruise so that I can have tge opportunity to thank you properly and to buy you a well earned drink.

Best wishes Josy

+1 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Happy New Year Jane.

Best wishes Josy

Thank you Josy. How kind of you. Like you and all the volunteers we do it with hope for an end to this dreadful time and in all honesty I'm pretty proud of what we have all achieved together. I too hope we get to meet on a cruise one day. Wouldn't we have some tales to swap! Jane.x 

• Like 6

Happy-New-Year-2022.jpg.8975df5ce282b796874475476420db83.jpg

Best wishes to all of you .:classic_love:

Kalos  :classic_smile:

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

Happy new year. Somewhat like the Somme around here with vast amounts of very loud fireworks. They woke me up having gone to bed early after the evening meal disagreed with me. Had a good nights sleep after and my new year pressie is another negative LFT - a bit like 2021 😵 🙂

• Like 10

Happy New Year everyone.

I’m afraid I slept through its arrival, so can’t say if there were fireworks or not.  There were a few about 7.30 last night, which seems a bit daft to me?

I hope this pic, captioned

2021 showing 2022 round the workplace 

doesn’t come true.  🤞for big strides towards normality in the coming months

CC2F6D11-7890-4B86-9A7A-E4268976E7E3.thumb.jpeg.572a3114c794ebe159d6c8a86871403a.jpeg

• Like 4

Good morning it's a warm morning here 12.c and very quiet after last nights celebrations

and all those fireworks. Maybe they have fireworks going off in their heads as they reach 

for the paracetamol this morning :classic_unsure: Mrs K has informed me we are having a roast pork 

dinner later today, so I'm looking forward to that and we are staying in today and just

chilling out, not that I'm bothered as it's the first time this year we have done this .

I have my New Year’s resolution and it is to stop procrastinating.
But I’ll wait until tomorrow to start. No good rushing things is it ?:classic_smile: 

I hope you all have a good day whatever your up to today .Stay safe and be happy :classic_love:

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

Good morning, we are starting the New Year in our traditional fashion, bacon, egg, mushrooms and tomatoes for breakfast. I have just prepared lunch which will be pea and ham soup made with old fashioned mushy peas which have soaked over night and the left over ham from dinner last night.  Dinner will be grilled chicken with baked potatoes, broccoli and carrots.

Does anyone else else think that the old fashioned mushy peas taste much better that the tinned ones ?

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning it's a warm morning here 12.c and very quiet after last nights celebrations

and all those fireworks. Maybe they have fireworks going off in their heads as they reach 

for the paracetamol this morning :classic_unsure: Mrs K has informed me we are having a roast pork 

dinner later today, so I'm looking forward to that and we are staying in today and just

chilling out, not that I'm bothered as it's the first time this year we have done this .

I have my New Year’s resolution and it is to stop procrastinating.
But I’ll wait until tomorrow to start. No good rushing things is it ?:classic_smile: 

I hope you all have a good day whatever your up to today .Stay safe and be happy :classic_love:

No paracetamol necessary in this house 😇😇

Stay safe and start the year off as you would like the whole year to be.

• Like 4