P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

It is wet here, we went into Barnsley for breakfast and there was light drizzle. On returning it was noticeable that the dirt splashed up the car was orange but hosed off easily. Hope everyone feeling a bit rough recover quickly. Weather for the next few days looks good and very springlike so hopefully a bit of sun will help.

• Like 3

Raining here, with the odd, pinkish sky. Been out doing my volunteer archiving at the museum so LFT'd this morning and all well. If the rain eases a bit, may pop out this afternoon - not sure the rain will ease though...

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Britboys said:

not sure the rain will ease though...

I'm inclined to agree, although the rain is a bit lighter now.  We are meeting up with some old school friends at Ashridge Estate tomorrow and thankfully the weather report shows wall to wall sunshine - hope that is the case. Then begins our two weeks of keeping ourselves to ourselves before our cruise - fingers crossed!

Edited by Astrajet
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Astrajet said:

I'm inclined to agree, although the rain is a bit lighter now.  We are meeting up with some old school friends at Ashridge Estate tomorrow and thankfully the weather report shows wall to wall sunshine - hope that is the case. Then begins our two weeks of keeping ourselves to ourselves before our cruise - fingers crossed!

Have a lovely time at Ashridge!

• Thanks 1

Has been raining here non stop since 10:30, so gardening plans for today cancelled, managed to prune and mulch the roses yesterday, hopefully the 2 inches of mulch will reduce the chances of black spot on roses this year. Have given the roses a good drenching of fungicide, another when leaves appear. 🤞

Spiked the lawn as well yesterday by walking all over it with my spikes attachments to shoes, did get stuck a couple of times in the wetter patches.

Seed sowing postponed until tomorrow, but ordered garlic bulbs today for planting at end of month. 

• Like 3

It’s been a thoroughly horrible day.  Should have been Wednesday walk but rain stopped play.  Odd, because Monday was lovely, yesterday was OK and tomorrow through to the weekend are forecast good.  Dog-walkers we’re all smiling and agreeing that Spring was here - but that was yesterday!

E80E0F99-7F2A-47AC-9E69-4DC5B8208FC5.jpeg.d79c405a222fd05021da3dd53458cd5b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, Britboys said:

Raining here, with the odd, pinkish sky. Been out doing my volunteer archiving at the museum so LFT'd this morning and all well. If the rain eases a bit, may pop out this afternoon - not sure the rain will ease though...

All that volunteering. You should get an award.👏

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, Britboys said:

What are you archiving? What type of museum.

12 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

What are you archiving? What type of museum.

It's a bit of an odd situation in that although the local Borough museum is running the project, it is actually creating an online archive of every performance at the local theatre. Fortunately, the theatre only opened in 1975, so we are not going back to Victorian times 😂

We're inputting details of all the performances on to a database and then scanning posters, flyers, programmes etc onto the system.

Think it might be a job for life....😂😂😂

Edited by Britboys
Typo
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Britboys said:

It's a bit of an odd situation in that although the local Borough museum is running the project, it is actually creating an online archive of every performance at the local theatre. Fortunately, the theatre only opened in 1975, so we are not going back to Victorian times 😂

We're inputting details of all the performances on to a database and then scanning posters, flyers, programmes etc onto the system.

That must be a really interesting project to be involved in.  It should be fascinating to see how things have changed since the 70s.

• Like 3

After a wet & miserable day, this evening we are whisking ourselves virtually off to The Kensington Oval Bridgetown Barbados to watch the second test West Indies v England, with a curry and finish off bottle of 19 Crimes The Uprising. Only thing we can’t replicate is the ☀️ 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

Worthwhile though. This is the kind of social history that gets lost all too easily. Major “history” always has multiple sources of reference but what you are doing may end up being a one off.

Sounds as if it could be fun too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

That must be a really interesting project to be involved in.  It should be fascinating to see how things have changed since the 70s.

We saw some people in the 70s who were support acts / supporting actors back then who eventually became stars. You just never know who will make it and where they started out.

Andrew, anyone famous in your place?

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

After a wet & miserable day, this evening we are whisking ourselves virtually off to The Kensington Oval Bridgetown Barbados to watch the second test West Indies v England, with a curry and finish off bottle of 19 Crimes The Uprising. Only thing we can’t replicate is the ☀️ 

Are you still awake? I approve of the 19 crimes though but not the one infused with caffeine.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Are you still awake? I approve of the 19 crimes though but not the one infused with caffeine.

Still awake, never fancied the one infused with caffeine.

Just spotted the Queen Victoria in the harbour during a short break, guess it’s taking on supplies.

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Absolutely. One of the most noticeable things is that going back a few years there was a much wider variety of shows on offer. Now, like many small regional theatres, it sometimes feels like the only thing on offer is Tribute acts. Not a criticism of the theatre as to survive they have to get bums on seats.

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

We saw some people in the 70s who were support acts / supporting actors back then who eventually became stars. You just never know who will make it and where they started out.

Andrew, anyone famous in your place?

It is a fun project, with nice colleagues, both staff and volunteers. The theatre was host to lots of well-known tv actors over the years and has produced pantos starring Brian Conley, Christopher Biggins and Barbara Windsor...

The theatre is named after Edward (Gordon) Craig, Stage Designer, actor & director, who was also the son of Ellen Terry.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Britboys said:

It is a fun project, with nice colleagues, both staff and volunteers. The theatre was host to lots of well-known tv actors over the years and has produced pantos starring Brian Conley, Christopher Biggins and Barbara Windsor...

The theatre is named after Edward (Gordon) Craig, Stage Designer, actor & director, who was also the son of Ellen Terry.

I should have added at the end that he was born locally...

15 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Morning ☀️ 

2D84AFE2-1EF6-4BF9-9988-0A6430970901.jpeg.f82e3b033056f595afccec85310f34b4.jpeg

Looks like when we used to try to give our Pygmy Goats a worming drench (drink), it was us that got drenched!! You watch farmers sitting goats and sheep on their bottoms and giving drenches or trimming their hoofs where the animals are calm but when we did it it was like 3 rounds of Greco Wrestling.

• Haha 7

Good Morning.

How are you all today? Well I hope and those that have been/are poorly are all well on the road to recovery.

Another bright sunny morning down here, but there was a frost on the cars when I got up😲

Had a nice evening last night as our daughter came round  for hubby's birthday with a bottle of fizz  and we ordered in a Chinese Meal. 

Nothing out of the normal planned for today.

Enjoy your day and take care.

Pam 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Lovely sunny day today, so we went to Whitstable 

661CE3DD-7023-46D1-BAFA-F354918CFE02.jpeg

49687C16-CAD0-4F92-95D8-2C8C693CAD24.jpeg

19E13519-AFF7-412F-A0F1-7DFF144DAEFC.jpeg

I have to say I am most impressed with your house, gardens and barista skills. That grass must take a lot of cutting though 😀.

Looks like you had a lovely day.

• Like 3

I have had a lovely day out at the NEC Craft show with my friend so I am now tired and broke but I have enough craft supplies to last me for the rest of the year.  I haven't told my friend yet that I won't be able to go to the next one in of November because I will be in the Canaries on the Emerald Princess.

My secretary aka husband has just handed me a list of people that I have to call this evening because he says he has spent half of his day answering the house phone to my sisters, nieces and friends who told him that I wasn't answering my mobile.

• Like 3