P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Astrajet said:

No, it was to Norway, Iceland and a day in Cork on the way back.  Very disappointed when we had an email from P&O saying Aurora had regulatory work to be done so both her June cruises had to be cancelled.  I understand that this was the only time a dry dock was available to have the work done with in the required time frame.  We are gutted but such as life and it's too short to get steamed up about it!

Borehamwood or Boreham Wood as it was when I was young, is my home town or village, as it was back then. It is nothing like it used to be - my father was able to walk across fields from our house to the film studios where he worked! But I am going back many, many years!

That is very disappointing!

Boreham Wood has changed massively since even I lived there ('87 to '97) . I hardly recognised the Shenley Road 6 years ago.  New tall blocks of flats absolutely everywhere too...

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

I've met a few people over the years who should have moved to Bore'm Wood.

The detractors invariably called it Boring Wood or Bore 'em Stiff...

It was a pleasant little place when I lived there but it now looks and feels like another endless London suburb.

• Like 2

I have the day off work today to get things ready for our 7 day cruise tomorrow, first since 2019! I thought folks might be interested to know that we've been given a 12pm embarkation time which was a pleasant surprise. We're on deck 14 and after reading other cruiser's experiences I thought we'd be given a much later time. I don't know if our early slot is due to our Peninsular Club Caribbean tier status (so priority embarkation applies) or we've just got lucky but either way we're not complaining. Our son will be grumbling tomorrow morning though when we're trying to get him out of bed early so that we're on the road for 6:30am!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DamianG said:

I have the day off work today to get things ready for our 7 day cruise tomorrow, first since 2019! I thought folks might be interested to know that we've been given a 12pm embarkation time which was a pleasant surprise. We're on deck 14 and after reading other cruiser's experiences I thought we'd be given a much later time. I don't know if our early slot is due to our Peninsular Club Caribbean tier status (so priority embarkation applies) or we've just got lucky but either way we're not complaining. Our son will be grumbling tomorrow morning though when we're trying to get him out of bed early so that we're on the road for 6:30am!

Hope the three of you have a great time!  I'm sure you will...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Have a safe trip down and a great cruise. A few posts from your voyage would be much appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Afternoon all.

Purdey, I'm sorry to hear a number of your family have succumbed to ''it''. I hope it's only mild and you all have a quick recovery.

Pleased you only had a cold Michelle and have an enjoyable evening at the theatre. 

To all who are cruising or going on other holidays, have a lovely time and bring back some sunshine🌞

Avril

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Have a great time, and enjoy. Which I am sure you will.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

May I even mention the C word in passing? Just to say I have been out and about and very few masks in the town centre but everywhere I go tales of family, neighbours, friends and just anybody testing positive. No getting into any debates but I hate the statements appearing all over social media that they have it and its just a cold. Good luck to them but ?????? for those who lost loved ones and those who continue to suffer. Please delete if post not allowed

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Afternoon all.

Purdey, I'm sorry to hear a number of your family have succumbed to ''it''. I hope it's only mild and you all have a quick recovery.

Pleased you only had a cold Michelle and have an enjoyable evening at the theatre. 

To all who are cruising or going on other holidays, have a lovely time and bring back some sunshine🌞

Avril

Thanks Avril, it will be fab!! We went in 2019 to see it and enjoyed it so much we booked again. You are like sat in a taverna in a square in Greece, you get a three course meal and the show is happening around you. It’s just amazing!!! If you google Mama Mia The Party there is a short trailer on YouTube 

Michelle

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DamianG said:

we were surprised at our of 13.45. Was 3pm last time. How far you got to travel? Ours is about 4 hours drive without stops so no clue what time to get the kids up. Hoping they will just be excited rather than grumpy. We go in 17 days, not like I’m counting or anything though 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DamianG said:

Well have a fantastic cruise Damian and I’m sure your son won’t mind getting up early to travel to the ship , it’s been a while since you’ve been on one , enjoy and I hope the weather is sunny and fine for you .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Thanks Avril, it will be fab!! We went in 2019 to see it and enjoyed it so much we booked again. You are like sat in a taverna in a square in Greece, you get a three course meal and the show is happening around you. It’s just amazing!!! If you google Mama Mia The Party there is a short trailer on YouTube 

Michelle

That sounds fantastic Michelle, so different than sitting in a theatre enviroment. I'm so envious.

Avril

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kalos said:

Morning hope your all OK .:classic_smile:

0_Fuel-prices.jpg.06ea18800249d200894b94313d34f2c0.jpg

Nice to see that Shell garages have lowered fuel prices overnight .
It's not often they have a sale so if your car's running on low I would 
advise you all top up whilst the "April Fuel " sale lasts ! :classic_unsure:

Have a good day and stay safe :classic_love:

2032618D-B55D-4284-84D2-256A197BE8B5.jpeg.7273bf132fe5a4444e8e03b9e6f4c5d2.thumb.jpeg.e4ac19cc9c2649eb7b77900df095cae2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

4 hours ago, DamianG said:

That is excellent news Damian.

Same cabin as yours our check in on E ticket was 15.15pm.

We have booked that cabin again for next year's cruise on Iona.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DamianG said:

Have a fantastic time Damian. 

It's a bit chilly down here but dry and sunny, so let's hope it stays that way for your embarkation. 

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chatting to another grandma at school pick up today,  I told her we had booked another P & O cruise. She said she wouldn’t book with them ever again. When I asked why, she said it was because of  how badly they had treated the ferries employees. When I told her that they were two entirely different companies she was quite disbelieving. Despite all that has been in the public domain about this, not everyone has got the message. Not good for P &O  

cruises. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

we were surprised at our of 13.45. Was 3pm last time. How far you got to travel? Ours is about 4 hours drive without stops so no clue what time to get the kids up. Hoping they will just be excited rather than grumpy. We go in 17 days, not like I’m counting or anything though 

240 miles for us, early start, 2 stops, breakfast at Donnington then our regular late stop at Chieveley. If the traffic is kind we should make it for 12pm.

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Have a fantastic time Damian. 

It's a bit chilly down here but dry and sunny, so let's hope it stays that way for your embarkation. 

Andy 

Thanks Andy and everyone else for the best wishes.

We don't mind it a bit cold, can't be any worse than at the local park this morning.

Cheers

Damian

IMG_2001.jpg

• Like 10