P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

40 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

She's 78 John, give the woman a break.

Avril

Just a pity that an aged American closed the show.  Plenty of British singers who could have been chosen: Annie Lennox, Florence Welch,  Emile Sande etc 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Just a pity that an aged American closed the show.  Plenty of British singers who could have been chosen: Annie Lennox, Florence Welch,  Emile Sande etc 

It was because Diana Ross was a royal favourite, or so the the commentator said. 

The only question I would like answered is :- Was Simon Le Bon wearing a corset under his t-shirt?

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

72F2C6C4-D346-495E-A68C-49FBE529D584.jpeg

This is like a scene from our cul-de-sac Jubilee party on Saturday. We only have 14 houses but there were relatives and neighbours from nearby streets invited and at one point there were 14 dogs present. We were so proud of Teddy as he was one of the few allowed off the lead and behaved impeccably. He loved all the attention.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Couldn't agree more.  I know she's a Royal favourite, but a Brit would have been better.  And why on earth did they play the anthem BEFORE Di Ross?  I thought that was the end.  And what on earth was she wearing!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, pete14 said:

I seem to be in a minority of one in my opinion about the concert, not for the first time. Glad others enjoyed it though.

Pete, I enjoyed some of it.  alicia keys - err no.  Di Ross?  Hmmmm.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I thought the production of the show was excellent, the lighting and drone show was amazing and the sound quality, in the main, was superb, and I enjoyed most of it, even the more modern singers who I had never heard of.

Quite agree - we enjoyed it very much even though one or two of the acts would not have been our first choice! Altogether a very pleasant way to spend Saturday evening with a couple of glasses of wine 🍷 

• Like 6

My husband asked me 15 minutes ago if I wanted him to put the car in the garage now that I was finally home for the evening after being out most of the day for various social reasons. While he outside the captain of our Monday evening bowling team rang to ask if I could go and play as they were short of players tonight.  I said at the beginning of the season that I was only playing 3 times a week and that I was not to be called to fill in on any other days this will be the 4th Monday running. that I have played, I am interested to see what they will do when I am on holiday next month.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Couldn't agree more.  I know she's a Royal favourite, but a Brit would have been better.  And why on earth did they play the anthem BEFORE Di Ross?  I thought that was the end.  And what on earth was she wearing!!!!!!!!!!

Guess she was added to the line up after they saw she was coming to perform at Glastonbury in a couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

Good morning everyone.  We have a beautiful sunny morning here in Stoke so I am hoping that it stays this way for our bowling match this afternoon although I after last night I 'm not looking forward to it, we are playing against the same club that I played at last night. I managed to win my game 21 -14 but it was a hard game and I have woken  up with a painful back and hip, I just hope that I don't have to play the same man today because although he was very nice he will be out for revenge today.

Have a good day whatever you have planned for today.

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Good morning everyone.  We have a beautiful sunny morning here in Stoke so I am hoping that it stays this way for our bowling match this afternoon although I after last night I 'm not looking forward to it, we are playing against the same club that I played at last night. I managed to win my game 21 -14 but it was a hard game and I have woken  up with a painful back and hip, I just hope that I don't have to play the same man today because although he was very nice he will be out for revenge today.

Have a good day whatever you have planned for today.

Good luck today Josy, you will have nice weather to play in too. 

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok this morning.

It’s a lovely day here with only a slight breeze, forecast 19 degrees later.

Well having had the dreaded you know what a few weeks ago I am still coughing a lot. A trip to Drs yesterday, now on another course of antibiotics and steroids and got to go for a chest X-ray. I shouldn’t grumble really because they are looking after me well.

Sarah, how are you feeling now?

Michelle

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Well having had the dreaded you know what a few weeks ago I am still coughing a lot. A trip to Drs yesterday, now on another course of antibiotics and steroids and got to go for a chest X-ray. I shouldn’t grumble really because they are looking after me well.

Michelle

Hopefully  the medication will clear up the cough.  I hope the chest X-ray won't show up any serious damage to your lungs, it really is a nasty virus and unpredictable with its after effects.

• Like 1

I have just finished making a birthday card for my niece's daughter who will be 12 next month and is handbag crazy.  I also had to make a box because it won't fit into any standard envelope.

20220607_114733.thumb.jpg.5436639c6db0a0b6e104955c0dd0074a.jpg

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

I hope this course of antibiotics do the trick for you! Coughing is exhausting when it goes on for a long term.

I'm feeling better thank you. I still haven't got much of an appetite but that won't do me any harm. I still feeling like I'm moving much of the time so if it still hasn't cleared up in a few days I'll go and ask a chemist for some advice.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Hopefully  the medication will clear up the cough.  I hope the chest X-ray won't show up any serious damage to your lungs, it really is a nasty virus and unpredictable with its after effects.

Thanks Josy, hopefully the antibiotics will do the trick

Michelle

9 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I hope this course of antibiotics do the trick for you! Coughing is exhausting when it goes on for a long term.

I'm feeling better thank you. I still haven't got much of an appetite but that won't do me any harm. I still feeling like I'm moving much of the time so if it still hasn't cleared up in a few days I'll go and ask a chemist for some advice.

Glad to hear you are feeling better Sarah.

You are right, the coughing is exhausting 

Michelle

Hope those of you that are feeling poorly/under the weather feel better soon.

I had a change of plans today as my granddaughter was sick yesterday while she was out shopping with her Mum so was drafted in today to babysit. As the weather has turned and her Dad's came back from work, I've returned home am having a coffee and catch up on here before I tackle my chores.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just finished making a birthday card for my niece's daughter who will be 12 next month and is handbag crazy.  I also had to make a box because it won't fit into any standard envelope.

20220607_114733.thumb.jpg.5436639c6db0a0b6e104955c0dd0074a.jpg

That is very pretty and clever. You should do craft fairs 

Michelle

• Like 2

Afternoon peeps

not been on here much as I’ve been working loads. 

I might have made the mistake of booking too many holidays 

now you can never have too many I say but when you have to pay for all said holidays then there definitely is. What have I done 🤦‍♀️

we have cruise in November then in April then Disney Florida in May. 4 in 14months. 

so I’ve just finished work, now at the gym trying to get Disney fit then pick the kids up and make a chilli for dinner. 

nice to see all the regular faces on here still. Sure I’ll start bombarding questions in October time. 

have a great week 😎

• Like 9