P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Wowzz has been noticeably absent for a few weeks now.   Any theories? Hope he is ok. 

I have seen him post on another site so perhaps he is on holiday, planned or enforced?!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Beautiful weather again in South Devon. Could do with some rain though. 

Well you can have some of hours ,weather has not improved all day so the forecast of clearing skies by tea time is inaccurate, the lawns are now greener than they have  been  for weeks and I suppose it saves me watering all the flower beds and planters😒

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 2:33 PM, zap99 said:

Kristiansand is quite nice, not too hot, but with good quality shops. The polo shirts are very expensive, they must be expecting a visit from Graham. 

IMG_20220718_111615_3.jpg

This place has a more laid back style though.

• Haha 1

Good morning.

It is currently 17°C and raining.

It is the first day of the English football championship and Sunderland have sold over 40,000 tickets for today's 12 noon kick off at the stadium of light 🤞with well over 30,000 people bought season tickets.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Well if I thought the rain yesterday was  bad today its just torrential , heavy enough that the noise woke us both up and not due to hitting the windows as there is no wind, its possible that the great British summer has bypassed us, If anybody is about to encounter a hosepipe ban we have plenty of cheap Yorkshire water here🤣 

3 minutes ago, gsmt47471015 said:

Well if I thought the rain yesterday was  bad today its just torrential , heavy enough that the noise woke us both up and not due to hitting the windows as there is no wind, its possible that the great British summer has bypassed us, If anybody is about to encounter a hosepipe ban we have plenty of cheap Yorkshire water here🤣 

Like you we have had plenty of rain, a couple of days ago it was so heavy it was bouncing off the pavement. 

I keep seeing all these headlines about heatwaves and droughts.  Right now here it is cloudy and threatening yet more rain.

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We had lunch in a nice garden centre and later I drove to Seaton Carew near Hartlepool so Pauline could see the Darwin house from the TV series Canoe man.

We enjoyed watching that series and I think he would have got away with it if he had wore 

the canoe on his head ,which would have been a good fit.

They claimed the canoe was .. Cap -Sized :classic_unsure::classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

After rain this morning it turned out quite nice.

We had lunch in a nice garden centre and later I drove to Seaton Carew near Hartlepool so Pauline could see the Darwin house from the TV series Canoe man.IMG-20220730-WA0003.thumb.jpg.81645f11b89b1b208c78afd194816f18.jpg IMG_20220730_125603.thumb.jpg.cafbf0b5791c86c39abc2ea9c64e3ab4.jpg

IMG_20220730_162232.jpg

I know what Paulines getting you for Christmas now.1904149141_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.b71ae6f45edeb55e2727776639ee88fe.png

• Haha 4

19c and drizzling here at the moment but rain radar shows that should pass soon. Nothing much planned for the day, MIL coming around for Sunday lunch (chicken casserole, new potatoes and broccoli) and plenty of sport watching.

Son was successful in getting another job after extensive interviews on Friday which gives him a nearly 50% pay rise. We worried for him after him struggling mentally for the last 2 years of his secondary education (after his grandad died suddenly, who he was close to) and started and jacked in 3 A level and vocational courses in his late teens. People said he would find something in the end but we started to doubt it but he got an apprenticeship in bank offices 5 years ago and this will now be his 3rd Financial job. One positive of covid has been that the last 2 job interviews have been conducted remotely by zoom etc which he is much more relaxed and comfortable with.

• Like 7

I wish some of this rain would make its way to the East/South East. It got down as far as Lincolnshire yesterday but didn't sidle into Cambridgeshire or Hertfordshire... we desperately need some.

Edited by Britboys
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I wish some of this rain would make its way to the East/South East. It got down as far as Lincolnshire yesterday but didn't sidle into Cambridgeshire or Hertfordshire... we desperately need some.

TBH I wish it would , its been a dreadful weekend😓

9 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Up until 10 days ago we had 2 months of very little rain but have had nearly 2 inches since then. Our parched lawn is already showing signs of regrowth. Hope the south east gets some rain soon, the gardens and more importantly the farmers need it.

• Like 4