P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Our Postie and delivery is excellent, never had a problem with tracked mail, a hell of a lot better than the likes of Evri, Yodel, DHL who seem to practice the “knock and run method” of delivery, never wait to see if anyone is in, the security cameras catch them out every time, some around here have had items stolen from the door step as a result by opportunistic thieves who the police think were following the delivery van. 

Our postie is fine as is the Hermes Lady. Shops work fine as well. Pop in ,pick what you want, pay for it. Coffee. Job done.

Edited by zap99

We’ve been lucky with our delivery drivers & postie, if out they drop in the shed, one loves to make a massive fus of the dog, brings her a biscuit, even left one in a bag for her once when we were out bless. Did have trouble last Xmas with one who would leave stuff over the drive gate & run, but he disappeared pretty quick. Talking of scam texts had one just now marked gov  saying we’ve identified you as entitled to help with energy costs 🙄, makes me so cross, so easy to fall for. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

You could well be spot on as my late delivery was Amazon products and I did find it strange they were coming via Royal Mail……. Yesterday it was flagged up as unable to deliver but lo and behold postie in a van delivered it 5 mins ago. 😀

I'm holding out hope that my 3rd attempt will finally arrive. It stll says 2.45 - 4.45, but nothing as yet. 🤞

Avril

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm really pleased you had a good laugh at these jokes Sandra.

Sorry to hear the last few weeks have been grim.

Graham.

Sorry this made me laugh .. lovely message but I am definitely not a Sandra but if you want to call me Sandra that's fine by me ..... but not Mr Presto. .. he is definitely NOT a Sandra. 😉

Edited by Presto2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Sorry this made me laugh .. lovely message but I am definitely not a Sandra but if you want to call me Sandra that's fine by me ..... but not Mr Presto. .. he is definitely NOT a Sandra. 😉

Sorry.

Paulines best friend is called Sandra and we were chatting about her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

The mind boggles what goes on at these remote caravan sites.How do I join the caravan club?

No need to join the caravan club because our static caravans are not going to be clogging up roads and delaying traffic at all (once they are here). The clue is in the term ‘static’.
Our site is actually quite genteel apart from in the bar on Saturday night and I guess pension day would have been hectic when such a day for a visit to the Post Office existed. We got a bit excited yesterday at the sight of a rabbit near our caravan.
Being able to buy a van and to pay the annual site fees and other costs is a bit of a drawback though. Of course, what happens behind closed doors is another matter….. 🫣😱😵🥴😈

• Haha 3

Morning ,hope everyone's good😊

FB_IMG_1663871507982.jpg.adfd087c51544e2d478622dbd4c31d8a.jpg

I see the knights are drawing in now and we can now look forward to that time of year where we can lie back and relax ,next to a nice warm fire (if you can afford to run it ). Whilst listening to the whoosh and bangs of sky rockets and air bombs what seems like every two minuets .:classic_unsure: I have decided to join a carpenters evening class but  I haven't made anything yet 🎶We've only just begun 🎶😉

I'm sat chilling out reading the news papers  .A protester was taken into police custody earlier at London's O2 ahead of Roger Federer's farewell tennis match. Have you seen the photo's ? He set fire to his arm 😕The police have nicked him though. I think he  was arrested for possession of a firearm !  😁

Have a good day and take care :classic_love:

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

14 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Amelia.

We took our Sarah out for Dinner tonight in our favourite Italian restaurant in Newcastle.

IMG_20220923_184953.jpg

IMG_20220923_185036.jpg

IMG_20220923_185926.jpg

IMG_20220923_192148.jpg

Graham - Looking at the lady on the right in picture 2, I am surprised our Prime Minister found the time to share a meal with you. I hope she offered to put it on her expenses. 😇

• Haha 3