P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

Well I thought I’d try  cooking fish fingers in the actifry the other day, but as I thought would happen  the paddle broke them up. We bought the actifry as it’s the only one that cooks decent homemade chips. Back to the grill for the fish fingers though.

Stir fried fish fingers 😉:classic_unsure:

• Haha 4

Afternoon all. I’ve changed my day off at work this week as I’m learning a new job so am having the same day off as my trainer. So worked today and tomorrow is my day off. I’ve also had my flu jab today (I’m having the other one next week)

I looked after my grandson last Saturday as my DiL did some overtime, so that was lovely.

• Like 3

Well despite saying that I would no longer go to be shouted at the vaccine hub I have spent the afternoon there after getting a call asking if I could help them out because they were extremely busy so I have been there again for 5 hours.  Luckily we had all very nice people today.

• Like 14

Morning all. I’m getting myself in knots worrying about my cruise next year! It’s not until October but it’s 13 nights. My parents are not too bad at the moment but I can’t imagine leaving them for that long! What to do now they’ve changed the rules?? I’ve postponed this cruise (or had it cancelled) a couple of times since 2020 and it was originally for John’s special birthday. Was seriously thinking of changing it to a 7 night one just to ease my worry but then they changed the rules! Grrr.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all. I’m getting myself in knots worrying about my cruise next year! It’s not until October but it’s 13 nights. My parents are not too bad at the moment but I can’t imagine leaving them for that long! What to do now they’ve changed the rules?? I’ve postponed this cruise (or had it cancelled) a couple of times since 2020 and it was originally for John’s special birthday. Was seriously thinking of changing it to a 7 night one just to ease my worry but then they changed the rules! Grrr.

I can understand how you feel Sue, but now the rules have changed maybe wait until nearer final balance time or change it to a higher priced cruise for 2024?

1 minute ago, Angel57 said:

I can understand how you feel Sue, but now the rules have changed maybe wait until nearer final balance time or change it to a higher priced cruise for 2024?

Yes I know I have a while to go before I really worry but I can’t help it! We had a chat about it last night then ended up saying ‘well let’s see how we feel at final balance’ ! Trouble is we’ll probably want our two weeks off in June/July if we don’t cruise in October!

I will look at 2024 when they come out and that could be an option thanks.

31 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes I know I have a while to go before I really worry but I can’t help it! We had a chat about it last night then ended up saying ‘well let’s see how we feel at final balance’ ! Trouble is we’ll probably want our two weeks off in June/July if we don’t cruise in October!

I will look at 2024 when they come out and that could be an option thanks.

If you are going to understandably worry about it until then, it’s not worth the stress - so in that case seriously look at changing it.

x

• Like 4

Sue.  I’m just thinking out loud here - not telling you what to do.

You and John both work, you have younger people to think about, as well as the worry about your parents.  A carefree break away would recharge your batteries.  Looking forward to it with a good degree of certainty would also be a boost.

Can your parents afford a little break themselves, together in respite care in a nice care home, whilst you are away?  It could be arranged well in advance, everyone would have their time off and no-one need worry about anyone else.

It’s so difficult, having dependent parents. x

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I normally ignore the pop-up banner ads on this site. A distraction, but I understand CC needs to make money. 

But is anyone else getting the banner ad regarding making Nottingham a "Breast Feeding Friendly City" ?

I've nothing against the campaign, apart from the fact that it seems a waste of the the council tax paid by the good folk of Nottingham. 

But perhaps more importantly,  which bright spark decided that us forum members, who, let's be blunt, are mainly not in the first flush of youth,  would be the ideal target market for such a campaign ?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Being a breast feeding friendly place has less to do with mums and more to do with the people around potentially tut tutting at them and making them feel uncomfortable when they do. So perhaps older folks with perhaps more old fashioned views are the perfect target?

The thing that amazes me most is that it's ok to flash bums and breasts on an evening while out drinking, but frowned upon whilst using said breasts for the purpose for which they were designed. 

Avril

• Like 17

37 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

The thing that amazes me most is that it's ok to flash bums and breasts on an evening while out drinking, but frowned upon whilst using said breasts for the purpose for which they were designed. 

Avril

what you get up to on your nights out is up to you. ☺️

• Haha 10

12 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Breast feeding is better for the child than bott!e feeding and I don't see why anyone should object to it.  I have seen people indulging in far more offensive behaviour in public.

Not here in Stoke on Trent surely 😉

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Breast feeding is better for the child than bott!e feeding and I don't see why anyone should object to it.  I have seen people indulging in far more offensive behaviour in public.

I don’t think I actually agree with that anymore, and I don’t feel like it should be pushed as better either because really what milk you feed them doesn’t seem to have an impact on intelligence or sickness in my opinion based on my kids and it instead kinda makes you feel like you are doing something wrong if you choose to bottle feed. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

No not getting that particular ad.

Being a breast feeding friendly place has less to do with mums and more to do with the people around potentially tut tutting at them and making them feel uncomfortable when they do. So perhaps older folks with perhaps more old fashioned views are the perfect target?

I presume  however they should have used the analytics to target people in or near Nottingham which would have made more sense.

unfortunately I do agree that it does seem to be the older folks that tend to be the ones that do the tutting. Whether that’s giving your kids electronics to play on, breastfeeding, even the kids crying on a plane which is annoying really as majority of people older than me have had kids and should really have more sympathy, can’t stop a kid crying sometimes no matter how much you beg them too.

The breastfeeding shouldn’t need a campaign to make it more friendly, it should just be as it is and a normal way to feed a baby without being made to feel weird or uncomfortable. They shouldn’t need to spend loads of money, just people should have more compassion towards another and understanding. I don’t think this is something a campaign really teaches though. 

anyhow- wanted to put the washing out but it said rain and there has been no rain yet so slightly annoyed. 
getting excited about the next cruise and starting my packing list tonight. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Round our way that's the local builders in Wetherspoons,bro.

• Haha 5

32 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I don’t think I actually agree with that anymore, and I don’t feel like it should be pushed as better either because really what milk you feed them doesn’t seem to have an impact on intelligence or sickness in my opinion based on my kids and it instead kinda makes you feel like you are doing something wrong if you choose to bottle feed. 

I agree with you Vamps. Without going into personal details, there are many reasons why mothers can't or won't breastfeed and it is up to the mother to decide what they feel is most comfortable and less stressful for her and the baby. That's what's more important.

Avril

• Like 10