P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

35 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Graham - can I ask - do you usually go out for breakfast, or perhaps just on work or early shopping days?

I haven't heard a word from my surgery about any jabs yet, and I certainly qualify for anything.  The only suggestion I could make for not  having one in your arm might make it a problem sitting down after.

I had just dropped Pauline off at her office and Greggs is on the way home and have a great breakfast special.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I’m off to Stoke on Trent this afternoon for the car to be serviced and MOT, was hoping to kill the waiting time by walking to the Festival Park shops but the weather isn’t good so seems unlikely.

This year I do not qualify for a free flu or other jab at all🙁 Maybe they’ll lower the age for the other jab later in the autumn, especially if there are stocks left and poor uptake. My wife is also caught in the shingles jab age gap, she’s over 65 but can’t have it until 70 under the recent rules.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I’m off to Stoke on Trent this afternoon for the car to be serviced and MOT, was hoping to kill the waiting time by walking to the Festival Park shops but the weather isn’t good so seems unlikely.

This year I do not qualify for a free flu or other jab at all🙁 Maybe they’ll lower the age for the other jab later in the autumn, especially if there are stocks left and poor uptake. My wife is also caught in the shingles jab age gap, she’s over 65 but can’t have it until 70 under the recent rules.

No mention of shingles jabs by our doctor's.

Both of us have had shingles in the last few years.

35 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Yes that is on the to-do list, although I think my husband is hoping I wont spend any money in the Radley shop ☺️

DW got a Radley purse there last year. I've been trying to find the best glue to stick it back together. I think our next trip may cost me another Michael Koors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, pete14 said:

What is this bank thingy of which you mention?

Our bank is still open. Folk visit from miles away to have a look, or to cash a cheque............remember cheques?...the staff don't ask me any more.....you could do that transaction at the machine sir.........why are you talking yourself out of a job?.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Our bank is still open. Folk visit from miles away to have a look, or to cash a cheque............remember cheques?...the staff don't ask me any more.....you could do that transaction at the machine sir.........why are you talking yourself out of a job?.

My bank branch closed a year after advising me to bank online.

Any cheques I receive I can deposit them online.

The only time I go into a bank is when I am working and have to deposit customers cash into the company's account.

We go into town once a week. We wander around the shops, get some lunch, pop to the bank, or the building society. We pay our credit card bills at the bank by cheque. Creature's of habit unfortunately. Our investments and drawdowns are all on line. It was nice to pop into a travel agent to pick up a glossy brochure....but only TUI left and I have more brochures than them. While we still have a high street we will use it.🤔

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

When I was 18 and worked in a bank the vast majority of customers worked in the nearby coal mines and called to get their pay.

I bet that ended up on the black market and money laundering.

• Haha 3

Our neighbour from New York arrived yesterday.He's a retired radar designer and once saved the company thoity million bucks.My neighbour on the other side is a retired Spetnaz/KGB Colonel.If this was 35 years ago I could start a good spy novel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

DW got a Radley purse there last year. I've been trying to find the best glue to stick it back together. I think our next trip may cost me another Michael Koors.

That’s not good! I’ve never had an issue with any of mine & I’ve got quite a few 🥴

Michael Kors is a very good choice, I sadly one have one of those so far 😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Yes that is on the to-do list, although I think my husband is hoping I wont spend any money in the Radley shop ☺️

Hope he is not too disappointed.

Some nice new designs from Radley for Christmas and a new range of picture bags.

• Like 3