P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

This must be a first me being in the wide awake club, we were up at silly o'clock as we have a taxi pick-up at 06:00 for Manchester airport. I haven't been out yet but by the state of the neighbours car it looks cold. Have a good day peeps.

• Like 17

5 hours ago, indiana123 said:

I can well believe that Avril, it happened to me when I was in the Cardiac Ward.

A rather loud family were visiting someone behind the curtain and he gave them strict instructions yo bring him  a big mac and chips, and not to forget his fags for when he went home.

I was a smoker then and never had the willpower to give up but I did then, very easily, although I still keep some in a drawer after all these years and still crave occasionally and miss the  social aspect.

Two others on the ward would regularly unhook their heart monitors,(sign something I think?) and go outside for a smoke together. It beggars belief🙄

Avril

• Like 11

34 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

This must be a first me being in the wide awake club, we were up at silly o'clock as we have a taxi pick-up at 06:00 for Manchester airport. I haven't been out yet but by the state of the neighbours car it looks cold. Have a good day peeps.

Morning Phil. Wherever you're jetting off to, have a great holiday.🌞

Avril

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Another white morning and -2° I have just heard the forecast and it suggests that we don't have snow today but there has definitely been some dumped overnight.  I just hope that the main roads have been gritted.

Take care everyone

Have a great holiday Phil wherever you are off to.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Two others on the ward would regularly unhook their heart monitors,(sign something I think?) and go outside for a smoke together. It beggars belief🙄

Avril

We had a guy who had a new heart valve fitted at Sheffield ,once back at Rotherham 

he had a smoking buddy off the women's bay and every other hour he would turn off 

his bed side monitor , and wheel is drip and make his way to the hospital main 

doors for a fag. I found it weird that they had a "oh you have fixed me so carry on as normal"

attitude to his situation .

PS .

Have a great flight /time away Phil 🙂

Edited by kalos
ps
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning everyone.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Obrigardo ,hope your having a good time if your where I think you are 😉

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

I hope you have a wonderful cruise Phil.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning , -1.c and we have avoided any of the snow that's fell.

My grandad used to love the outdoors and would spend hours reading his paper .

Snow and such things never bothered him , he was a tough cookie and he would 

tell us tales about how he came home from the war ,with  one leg .

He never told us who it belonged to? 🤔

Even in the depths of winter he used to like to keep the back door open ..

"To let some fresh air inside "  he would say .. I guess that would explain

why the submarine he was stationed on sank 🙃

Anyway ,you all have a great day and take care 🙂

911e87d83ea6e523ce2498af3d46dd45.gif.b3bcf578a1616c0ba61a5ad1eacc4379.gif

• Haha 19

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Have a lovely time wherever you are going

Michelle

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Last time I was at Royal Preston Hospital there were patients outside the main entrance smoking right next to a large sign saying 

“This is a no smoking hospital”

Michelle

• Like 10

It’s a lovely sunny day here but very cold.

Our plumber arrived just before 8, the correct colour radiator arrived yesterday so he is busy fitting that. We are expecting two joiners anytime now, they are usually here now so either they are not coming or they are at the sandwich shop.

I am not doing much today except a quick trip with my mum for some shopping.

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 11

Same here Michelle. I went for an out-patient appointment very recently and was met with an exact same scenario. What amazed me was the fact that some of them had a fag in one hand and and oxygen cylinder in the other!  Jane xx

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Last time I was at Royal Preston Hospital there were patients outside the main entrance smoking right next to a large sign saying 

“This is a no smoking hospital”

Michelle

Am I surprised?

Nope.

Fully paid up members of the 'Can't Happen To Me Brigade'🙄

Avril

• Like 8

Fortunately I never took up the smoking habit, I did try a few when about 10/11 yo and did quite like it but never got hooked. In my extended teenage group in the early 80s nobody smoked we did drink a lot though🍻 I never in my normal circle of family and friends encounter smokers so it surprises me when on a cruise to see the smoking areas so well populated.

My dad smoked and worked in a tobacco factory, he got a free allowance of 3 packets of 20 cigarettes a week and could go down to the shop floor at any time to grab a handful. They used to have an annual open evening and the smell of raw tobacco in the warehouses was lovely.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, kalos said:

@Adawn47

Hope  Frank is doing ok with his diet adjustment .

If he's owt like me and likes a dab of  brown sauce on his sarnies ?

Here's one I use but around here only Tesco stock it     CPY523.jpg.47d2fe7e28db4ba54f6abc4df05d7747.jpg

Reduced salt and sugar has it’s benefits but what irritates me is the predominant green colour which implies it is the healthy pure food option when it is likely to be highly processed and full of additives.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pete14 said:

Reduced salt and sugar has it’s benefits but what irritates me is the predominant green colour which implies it is the healthy pure food option when it is likely to be highly processed and full of additives.

Yep it's annoying ,we tend to avoid most processed foods, things like so called low sugar 

drinks that they replace with salts etc .A bit of a minefield

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, kalos said:

@Adawn47

Hope  Frank is doing ok with his diet adjustment .

If he's owt like me and likes a dab of  brown sauce on his sarnies ?

Here's one I use but around here only Tesco stock it     CPY523.jpg.47d2fe7e28db4ba54f6abc4df05d7747.jpg

It's the bacon/sausages/ boiled ham/ pork pies he's upset about kalos, not the sauce he put on them.😬

The diets going ok thanks kalos. Still taking some sorting out and I'm reading every label. It's  gets a little worrying at times though.......am I doing it right?.........I know the label's amber but is the salt level still ok?  I know I'll get used to it and it will become second nature soon.🤞

Frank's worth it, I never want to see him like that again.

The low salt diet is good for me too with my high BP👍

Avril

• Like 12