P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning, early start today. I’m on the train feeling quite brave, so long since I’ve been on one, caught the same one as ds after all, gets me to Exeter slightly earlier for the connection to Westbury just in case. It’s going to be a long drive to the highlands over 2 days, glad my sister’s driving & I can look out the window! 😄. Have a great day everyone. 

• Like 11

Well it's finally here .... today's the day - happy dance!!! 

Mind you, do you think they know I'm coming ....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/flood-chaos-hits-edinburgh-areas-32880570.amp

More heavy rain the forecast for Monday too!  Now who thinks I'd better quickly pack my beautiful yellow wellies?

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

We’re considering booking a fly cruise which flies out to the med but sails back to Southampton, it would be the first time that we have done a one way fly cruise. My understanding is that if you sail from Southampton and fly back then the cruise company transportation you back to Southampton to pickup your car? But what happens the other way round? Do you just arrange your own transport from Southampton back to home?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Good morning,

A dull overcast day here.

I came home from bowling last night on a high having managed to beat a lady who plays in the county team on a green that I was dreading because I usually struggle there. 

When I looked at my phone my younger sister had sent a text to say that she and her husband were at UHNM with my other sister and she had had one scan that had shown a bleed in her brain and they were planning a deeper scan for today.

Congratulations on your win.  I'm so sorry to hear your sister is unwell.  I hope that all goes well with her scan today and things are quickly resolved to make her better.  Life has been very unkind to you in recent times and surely some better times are long overdue.  Sending you all best wishes and prayers for healing for your sister and strength for your family. Take care.

• Like 14

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning everyone from Tokyo which is our last day before boarding queen Elizabeth in a few hours, we have walked our socks off 12 hours yesterday since we only had 1 full day , flights were excellent and the meals good . Just a few pics , underground was a little overwhelming for us but we got to our destinations in the end .

IMG_5862.jpeg

IMG_5863.jpeg

3914464A-7196-42DF-AD12-9E1AF25CCC65.jpeg

IMG_5873.jpeg

IMG_5886.jpeg

IMG_5899.jpeg

IMG_5904.jpeg

IMG_5917.jpeg

IMG_5922.jpeg

IMG_5931.jpeg

IMG_5934.jpeg

IMG_5950.jpeg

IMG_5952.jpeg

IMG_5958.jpeg

IMG_5963.jpeg

IMG_5975.jpeg

IMG_5984.jpeg

IMG_5995.jpeg

IMG_5997.jpeg

IMG_6004.jpeg

IMG_6006.jpeg

IMG_6007.jpeg

Super photos.

I hope you both have an amazing cruise on Queen Elizabeth.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Good morning,

A dull overcast day here.

I came home from bowling last night on a high having managed to beat a lady who plays in the county team on a green that I was dreading because I usually struggle there. 

When I looked at my phone my younger sister had sent a text to say that she and her husband were at UHNM with my other sister and she had had one scan that had shown a bleed in her brain and they were planning a deeper scan for today.

Congratulations on your win.

Sending prayers 🙏 for good news on your sister after the first scan showed a bleed in her brain.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Caullkhead said:

Good morning, early start today. I’m on the train feeling quite brave, so long since I’ve been on one, caught the same one as ds after all, gets me to Exeter slightly earlier for the connection to Westbury just in case. It’s going to be a long drive to the highlands over 2 days, glad my sister’s driving & I can look out the window! 😄. Have a great day everyone. 

The Highlands are lovely.

I hope you all have an amazing time.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We’re considering booking a fly cruise which flies out to the med but sails back to Southampton, it would be the first time that we have done a one way fly cruise. My understanding is that if you sail from Southampton and fly back then the cruise company transportation you back to Southampton to pickup your car? But what happens the other way round? Do you just arrange your own transport from Southampton back to home?

We have done two fly outs on TA cruises from Manchester ,sailing back to Southampton .

P&O then coached us back to MCR to pick up our cars that were parked there .

• Thanks 3

Morning everyone,

Have rain here, but I think it's now stopped. 

@Purdey16 Lovely pictures and hope you have a great cruise.

@Josy1953 Congratulations on your win, but sorry to hear about your sister. I hope her scan goes well. Sending you best wishes.

@Caullkhead Have a lovely trip up to Scotland and hope the trains aren't giving you any grief!

Not lot planned today, a trip to Tesco to take advantage of their wine offer along with my discount.

Hope everyon has a good day.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, kalos said:

We have done two fly outs on TA cruises from Manchester ,sailing back to Southampton .

P&O then coached us back to MCR to pick up our cars that were parked there .

We would get a lift to Manchester airport due to the long length of the cruise and cost of parking, so if a coach back from Southampton is laid on then I wonder if there are stop off points, Keele services on the M6 is I think our closest. The cruise description doesn’t mention coach travel being included though.

• Like 1

We just booked a cruise to the Fjords on Britannia for next year. The website kept saying no, so a phone call to Southampton. I had a brochure, phone and tablet scattered all over the floor.  A real live young Lady answered the phone first ring......hang on..I'm not ready...I expected a long wait. Very efficient. Well done Southampton.🤣

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We would get a lift to Manchester airport due to the long length of the cruise and cost of parking, so if a coach back from Southampton is laid on then I wonder if there are stop off points, Keele services on the M6 is I think our closest. The cruise description doesn’t mention coach travel being included though.

I do remember on the coach two ladies asking to be dropped off on the outskirts of Manchester on one of our trips . The driver refused  but told everyone he would do a drop at the airport railway station and his next stop was T2 Arrivals at a bus stop .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, kalos said:

I do remember on the coach two ladies asking to be dropped off on the outskirts of Manchester on one of our trips . The driver refused  but told everyone he would do a drop at the airport railway station and his next stop was T2 Arrivals at a bus stop .

We could easily get a train back from Manchester Airport or get picked up from there. We’ll check with the cruise company if coach travel back is provided or not.

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 3

@Megabear2 Thinking of you today with vicarious excitement. Have the best time.

@Josy1953 So sorry to hear about your sister Josy. I hope scan 2 is more positive. 

@Purdey16 Thanks for the wonderful photos of Tokyo. Enjoy Queen Elizebeth.

@Caullkhead it's a long long drive but willl be so worth it. Have a great time.

To all my other dear friends on CCF - just to let you know I'm taking a break. I'll be back soon and in the meanwhile wish you you all well - good health and happiness and excellent cruising. 

Jane xx

• Thanks 17

Connecting train caught no problems, a kind American couple watched my case while I used the platform facility’s. Have a wonderful cruse @Megabear2 I’ll be on Skye when you’re there so hopefully we’ll get a glimps of you! One of dh’s colleagues is on with you. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

@Josy1953 So sorry to hear about your sister Josy. I hope scan 2 is more positive. 

To all my other dear friends on CCF - just to let you know I'm taking a break. I'll be back soon and in the meanwhile wish you you all well - good health and happiness and excellent cruising. 

Jane xx

Best wishes Jane.

Graham xx

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Jane xx

Don't be gone too long, you'll be missed. 

Wishing all the best.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/flood-chaos-hits-edinburgh-areas-32880570.amp

More heavy rain the forecast for Monday too!  Now who thinks I'd better quickly pack my beautiful yellow wellies?

You may as well you have everything else😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 5/23/2024 at 9:57 AM, lincslady said:

My very old-fashioned mother-in-law once asked me if the French spoke French all the time,  wondering how we got on when we used to go there frequently on holiday.  That  is admittedly many years ago, and she was over 70 at the time.  I did gently remind her that my DH had School Certificate French, and I had A level.  To be fair, she had not been further 'abroad' than the Isle of Man.

Same as tourists here wondering whether we speak Welsh all the time!! YES we do! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

We will miss you Jane and thank you for letting us know or we would all be worrying😊

I hope you come back soon happy, healthy and refreshed.

Take care.x

Avril

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Same as tourists here wondering whether we speak Welsh all the time!! YES we do! 

We have Wales in S Yorks  and they don't speak much welsh 😉

@Beckett  Looking forward to your return already 😃❤️

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Yesterday was exceptional.  I haven't seen so much solid heavy rain for a long time!

Today is dry but overcast (despite the forecast being for showers) and the future forecast is now for light showers only for the next week.

• Like 3