P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I keep forgetting to welcome Megabear’s new family arrival.  So - no more forgetting, welcome to the world Remy 

Is anyone else being plagued by a large pop-up competition advert?  It’s annoying me - I’ll have to research how to zap it (perhaps I should ask zap???)

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Eddie99 said:

I keep forgetting to welcome Megabear’s new family arrival.  So - no more forgetting, welcome to the world Remy 

Is anyone else being plagued by a large pop-up competition advert?  It’s annoying me - I’ll have to research how to zap it (perhaps I should ask zap???)

Kenwood travel? It's a pain🤔

• Like 10

Good morning to you all,

Another sunny day, 16c forecast, but the wind is back! So probably won't feel as warm. 

Nothing planned for today, just the normal chores. 

Take care and enjoy your day.

• Like 4

It's another glorious day!  For those who were wondering Remy's second name is Hugo.  

First day of Royal Ascot for me so off to Berkshire later today.  Just been doing my early morning watering of the greenhouse and to my surprise I now have over 30 mini cucumbers on my two plants.  I've been trying a new support system this year and it seems to be encouragingly good.  Surprised to see a few bunches of tomatoes as well.

It looks like all change fairly soon as my neighbour told me yesterday they are putting their house on the market on Friday.  Not sure how my cat will like that as their garden is very much his jungle!  Previously the house was rented to some doctors and it was where my cat lived until they left him behind.

I hope everyone is well and that those who have been poorly or a bit down will feel on the up today.  Particularly good wishes that Riley's mum is feeling more comfortable and enjoying her new arrival.  Whatever you all have planned ENJOY.

• Like 7

Good morning to everyone.

We had a lovely day here yesterday - 23c and sunny all day. That's about my limit though. Once it starts to get hotter I withdraw - hate Summer heat. It's strange because my early cruises were all to the Med and I loved them. As I've got older (old), I find myself unable to endure hot temps and can't wait for Summer to end. Another joy of old age!

I had a really nice day yesterday with good friends - they are so important aren't they?

Can I also add my smiles to the new mums' choice of names - Riley and Remy. Gorgeous. I feel the birth of a new boy-band!

Also - to all the cartoon senders - thank you so much. They are very funny and uplifting - love the botox tree Graham.

I hope everyone has a happy day whatever you are doing. Be well. Jane xx

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Me too - it actually makes you determined not to patronise whoever it is, so counterproductive.  Is there a way to get rid of it?

• Like 6

Michelle

You have done the same thing as me on the last day of our March cruise. I don’t think we saw you after breakfast when I bit into a piece of crispy bacon and broke a piece of a tooth.   £150.00 visit to the dentist.

Jennizor

While I was waiting to take my niece to school this morning I noticed the Father's days cards that she and her brother had sent to their dad.

She is a wordle fan but dad is hopeless at it 

Her brother has a typical teenage boy sense of humour 🙂

20240618_080942.thumb.jpg.7a40e6104ae3260049b52a613a3ca7b6.jpg

20240618_080949.thumb.jpg.d8b7caf838e1182291cafa5ab705cb3c.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Yes.

It has an X at the left hand side of the advert to delete it.

Yes!!! and it's bloomin' annoying🤬. I know there's an x to remove it, but I enlarge the cc page and have to keep reducing the page, x it off and then enlarge the page again every single time. I've unsubsribed to CC but that doesn't work. I've asked my grandson, and he says there's no way to knock it off permanently. I also have an ad blocker on.

Avril

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Good morning to everyone.

We had a lovely day here yesterday - 23c and sunny all day. That's about my limit though. Once it starts to get hotter I withdraw - hate Summer heat. It's strange because my early cruises were all to the Med and I loved them. As I've got older (old), I find myself unable to endure hot temps and can't wait for Summer to end. Another joy of old age!

I had a really nice day yesterday with good friends - they are so important aren't they?

Can I also add my smiles to the new mums' choice of names - Riley and Remy. Gorgeous. I feel the birth of a new boy-band!

Also - to all the cartoon senders - thank you so much. They are very funny and uplifting - love the botox tree Graham.

I hope everyone has a happy day whatever you are doing. Be well. Jane xx

Thank you Jane.

We were sun worshipers untill we both got a basal cell skin cancer now we stay in the shade.

Graham xx

• Like 2

Zap is just as annoyed.  I just press the cross, but it keeps coming back. Perhaps cc want us to go away 🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sagaris said:

Kenwood travel? It's a pain🤔

If we mention a travel agent we get told off. cc pop the blooming thing up on our phone. Not good enough.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Good morning everyone, it’s a dull morning here but same as yesterday the sun is forecast to appear after lunch.

A bit of a change of plan for me today. I was meeting friends for coffee this morning, trying a new place that has just opened but last night whilst eating some garlic bread part of my tooth broke off so it looked like an emergency appointment at the dentist. 

I will go to the gym too in the afternoon carrying on my attempts to get fitter and keep my muscles working as best I can.

Mrsgoggins, I sympathise about the weeding of the block paving, we have the same problem. The paving appears to be quite old, we would love to replace it but it would be really expensive so the maintenance of it will have to suffice.

I hope all the new mummies, babies and daddies are doing well. 

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

Bright blue sky this morning. We will park the car and get the train into St Ives. One of the best rail journeys in the world and a bit cheaper than the Rocky Mountaineer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jennizor said:

Michelle

You have done the same thing as me on the last day of our March cruise. I don’t think we saw you after breakfast when I bit into a piece of crispy bacon and broke a piece of a tooth.   £150.00 visit to the dentist.

Jennizor

Exactly the same, hopefully I will get it sorted today 

Michelle

14 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Zap is just as annoyed.  I just press the cross, but it keeps coming back. Perhaps cc want us to go away 🤔

Much more of this zap and they'll get their way🤬

Avril

• Like 2

Photos-001.zip

5 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Good morning @lincsladyand any others struggling with sleep.  I listened to Newscast on the radio, tried again to sleep before giving up!  I too had had a couple of better nights before this one. 

I have a rare clear day ahead of me; absolutely nothing on my calendar and so my choices include weeding the block paving - a never-ending job, catching up with admin and possibly going out for either lunch or afternoon tea.  I'm seeing friends on Wednesday and Thursday so the sensible thing to do would be to catch up with household jobs.

Good morning if i could share a product i have used for the ;last couple of years on my front drive. Block blitz. just follow the instructions , on really heavy  paving it will need at least 2 treatments 1st then after about 6 weeks the 2nd. I have taken a picture of my drive, must say it is the cleanest on our road.Photos-001.zipPhotos-001.zip

Photos-001.zip

Edited by Grumpycruiser60plus
pictures
  • Thanks 1

We had a nice two days away at a hotel we use when using MCR airport 

they were offering free breakfast as well so rude not to .

Was a much appreciated idea of Mrs K that I knew nothing about 😍

Whilst away my phone kept getting a travel advert and now home 

I was getting it on my PC (I do not name it as CC do not like us naming 

others ,so this one gets same treatment in my book )

Anyway I hit the cross to delete and after a while it came back , which is 

what  seems to be annoying some of you as it comes back .

I do not like pop ups that think they can dictate what comes upon my screen .

So I simply ZAPPED  them ..

I filled in their form    First name    NO   Surname THANKS

e-mail   NOTH@NKS.COM  

I did not tick any boxes  but hit submit  ..

They thanked me for filling in their form  which I deleted and ..

now all is calm again ..SIMPLES 🙃

• Thanks 5