P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning everyone, well it’s sunny here but cloudy and a gentle breeze, husband went for his morning run along the beach and said apart from the Fart club ( that’s his take on them doing yoga or Pilates) on the beach about 50 this morning there was also a fishing competition going on . I feel a little board today and don’t know what to do with myself so I’m just sat watching tv .

• Like 2

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We traded in our 2 year old 

Captur Riev gauche.

I loved the Captur but Pauline didn't drive it.

I wanted an Automatic and she said she would drive the smaller Clio.

I loved driving it today.

IMG_20240920_130244.jpg.2fdf187c88bc3de91e5b381aea1b845c.jpg

Very nice Graham! Hopefully still enough room for all your cruise luggage too.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Bin man said:

Thanks Graham wondered if it was a clio .Used to have a petrol model .Changed to a Toyota yaris hybrid 66 mpg at moment but do like the look of the clio hybrid .I like the toyota but just had a breakdown on way down to Southampton before cruise AA fixed in 5 mins it was the 12v battery flat .Common problem with hybrids as I don't do alot of miles per year to keep it fully charged .Hope it starts on return from Ventura 

We are at the point of maybe considering an Hybrid car but only do about 2700 miles a year....after your comment maybe won't be the best option for us

Good Afternoon All, 

On the subject of New Cars, as mentioned a  while ago, I went this morning to sigh documents for my new car, i collect it on thurs  next, A  KIA T3 Sportwagon petrol,  i have had 2 previous models for the last 10yrs. 

Aslo my youngest brother also collects his new car up on thurs................

his will be a mercedes S class S 500. He is a private chauffeur like i was for 25yrs. However his car looks more like the  starship Enterprise!!!. 

new kia.jpg

• Like 1

It has been a warm and sunny morning here last lot of post holiday washing washed & dried, I have been doing some deadheading and pruning and clearing moss off top patio in readiness for jet washing when we get another dry spell.

Picked some more tomatoes and sweet peppers from greenhouse, pulled a couple of beetroot for boiling. 

Sky has gone dark, so guess rain is on its way.

• Like 1

Been a long time since posting, life gets in the way and my next cruise is not until June  2025. I passed my annual prostate review and have a new diabetes injection, once a week instead of daily. How much does it cost? Over £90 for one pen with 4 weekly doses for the NHS, otherwise from about £150 in the UK and in the USA the list price is over $1000. Seeing the consultant next week to plan my hand operations.

My bank contacted me today with the proper security protocols. There was a suspicious purchase on my credit card of 21 PENCE by a medical testing company in West Virginia yesterday evening. So the card is now blocked and a new card is being issued. Why 21 pence? and how did whoever did it get my credit card details? I did buy a Duracell charger from Argos online yesterday morning and collected it from the local store.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Been a long time since posting, life gets in the way and my next cruise is not until June  2025. I passed my annual prostate review and have a new diabetes injection, once a week instead of daily. How much does it cost? Over £90 for one pen with 4 weekly doses for the NHS, otherwise from about £150 in the UK and in the USA the list price is over $1000. Seeing the consultant next week to plan my hand operations.

My bank contacted me today with the proper security protocols. There was a suspicious purchase on my credit card of 21 PENCE by a medical testing company in West Virginia yesterday evening. So the card is now blocked and a new card is being issued. Why 21 pence? and how did whoever did it get my credit card details? I did buy a Duracell charger from Argos online yesterday morning and collected it from the local store.

I suspect that whoever fraudulently took 21pence had acquired your bank details and was doing a test debit from your card before potentially taking much more if the small transaction was successful. Raising it as an issue and replacing your card was the sensible thing to do. Maybe not everybody does and ends up regretting it.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Common tactic by criminals to do a small transaction to see whether unusual activity detected before attempting a larger transaction.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

It has been a warm and sunny morning here last lot of post holiday washing washed & dried, I have been doing some deadheading and pruning and clearing moss off top patio in readiness for jet washing when we get another dry spell.

Picked some more tomatoes and sweet peppers from greenhouse, pulled a couple of beetroot for boiling. 

Sky has gone dark, so guess rain is on its way.

Thunderstorm has passed, torrential rail the gutters around house couldn’t cope with volume of water spilling over top, property over the road it’s down pipe split at joint around 1 metre from the ground with water gushing out. Water in the gutters alongside road overflowed the kerb, feel sorry for those further down the street with cellars. Lots of thunder and lightning, and went quite dark. 

Looking at lightning app storm now moving north west, still can hear rumbles in the distance. 

I just got home from bowling.  The rain managed to stay away until we were on the car but it started thundering about 10 minutes before the last players finished.  The drive home was awful with the heavy rain and lightning but at least I  dropped friend off and got home without any problems.

• Like 2

Nearly all my close family are all on a plane on their way to Rhodes, including  3 month old ggrandson Riley.  I  started to track the flight but  perhaps that wasn't a good idea. They were doing 574 mph last time I looked

They are so much fun to go on holiday with, but sadly I couldn't cope with, heat, airports or perhaps being in a large gang.

They bought Riley to visit us at 9 am yesterday, I played while OH did a never ending string of bacon rolls and coffee.  It was really relaxed and happy.

• Like 3