P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I had a text from his mum at 1pm. The good news is he tested negative for covid. That was a huge relief.

They're saying they think he has a severe chest infection and are giving him antibiotics but will be doing more tests. At the moment they're trying to see if they can wean him off oxygen to air. Maybe Frank and I will get some sleep tonight. We spent last night drinking coffee, watching TV and cat-napping. Thank you all for your concern. It's comforting💕

Great news,:classic_biggrin: He will be home before you know it :classic_smile:

Best wishes from Mrs K  & myself :classic_smile::classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

Flared?

We’ve all done flared and flared has been around so many times

We used to threaten the kids that if they really, really annoyed us Mr Eddie would turn up at the school gates to collect them wearing bright yellow flared jeans and a scoop neck, flared long sleeved T, which were in a box in the attic 😳

That made  ‘em behave

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I assume that autocorrect changed "faded" to "feared", but looking at your picture I think "feared" might be correct!

I thought it was changed from flared. Flared or faded both work. Even feared come to think of it.

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Blueberry flavoured porridge with strawberries in plus some almonds and Brazil nuts with a cup of coffee.

Kellogg's told me they are looking at a sprouts flavour porridge or shredded wheat.😂

Walkers sold Sprout flavour crisps last Christmas. They were terrible!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Walkers sold Sprout flavour crisps last Christmas. They were terrible!

That sounds disgusting.

When your diet is predominantly vegetables as mine is now since my December HA trying to get a good mix of coloured vegetables is difficult so broccoli,sprouts,cabbage,peas and leek's are a must with parsnips, beetroot, carrot's,turnip and potatoes.

Edited by grapau27

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That sounds disgusting.

When your diet is predominantly vegetables as mine is now since my December HA trying to get a good mix of coloured vegetables is difficult so broccoli,sprouts,cabbage,peas and leek's are a must with parsnips, carrot's,turnip and potatoes.

Don't forget peppers, aubergines, courgettes and tomatoes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

When your diet is predominantly vegetables as mine is now since my HA trying to get a good mix of coloured vegetables is difficult so broccoli,sprouts,cabbage and leek's are a must have with parsnips, carrot's,turnip and potatoes.

Yes, I remember reading about your diet changes for your health and I admire you for it. I'll eat a few sprouts at Christmas as long as they are nicely cooked (i.e. not boiled to death for several days!). Everything else on your list I'll happily eat.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Yes, I remember reading about your diet changes for your health and I admire you for it. I'll eat a few sprouts at Christmas as long as they are nicely cooked (i.e. not boiled to death for several days!). Everything else on your list I'll happily eat.

Thanks Damian.

I try to mix the vegetables up for variety.

I prefer the big sprouts you get at Xmas but with social distancing I quickly grab whatever vegetables that are available in Morrisons.

Edited by grapau27

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Don't forget peppers, aubergines, courgettes and tomatoes.

Butternut squash

Sweet potato (lovely baked in its skin)

Fennel is a favourite of mine - roasted with chicken, or shredded raw as a salad ingredient

Check out the frozen veg aisle for “grilled Mediterranean veg” or some such, with peppers, courgette, aubergine, onion, cherry tomato.  Throw it in a non-stick roasting tin and it can be ‘all your veg’ to accompany fish or lean meat

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Butternut squash

Sweet potato (lovely baked in its skin)

Fennel is a favourite of mine - roasted with chicken, or shredded raw as a salad ingredient

Check out the frozen veg aisle for “grilled Mediterranean veg” or some such, with peppers, courgette, aubergine, onion, cherry tomato.  Throw it in a non-stick roasting tin and it can be ‘all your veg’ to accompany fish or lean meat

Toss the veg in olive oil first - helps bring out the flavour.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Damian.

I try to mix the vegetables up for variety.

I prefer the big sprouts you get at Xmas but with social distancing I quickly grab whatever vegetables that are available in Morrisons.

I know what you mean about trying to shop quickly, I no longer buy any loose vegetables and just get items that are bagged with a bar code. For one thing I keep seeing too many people pick stuff up with no gloves then putting them back, probably doesn't do any harm but still puts me off!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I had a text from his mum at 1pm. The good news is he tested negative for covid. That was a huge relief.

They're saying they think he has a severe chest infection and are giving him antibiotics but will be doing more tests. At the moment they're trying to see if they can wean him off oxygen to air. Maybe Frank and I will get some sleep tonight. We spent last night drinking coffee, watching TV and cat-napping. Thank you all for your concern. It's comforting💕

I am pleased that it isn't covid though a chest infection is unpleasant for him.  I hope that they can get him off the oxygen and back home soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Just looked them up and don't remember them at all? Did they taste like chicken?

I've absolutely no idea. Just the thought makes me shudder, but I rather go for sprout flavour. At least I know what sprouts taste like😆

Avril 

26 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Yes - I’d do that but didn’t know if v low fat was necessary

I throw in a few garlic cloves too.  Sometimes sprinkle basil after cooking, before serving

Leave the garlic cloves in the skins to roast  then squeeze them out. Makes them sweeter.  Basil is my favourite herb. I grow it in pots and throw it in anything i can. I love fish and chicken but I could quite happily live on fruit and vegetables. 

Avril 

30 minutes ago, DamianG said:

For one thing I keep seeing too many people pick stuff up with no gloves then putting them back, probably doesn't do any harm but still puts me off!

Not really an issue, as you will be cooking and/or washing the veg, and in any case,  CV19 cannot be caught by ingestion.

In some cases, you need to feel the produce in order to determine how ripe it is.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

I assume that autocorrect changed "faded" to "feared", but looking at your picture I think "feared" might be correct!

Actually i meant flared. 
They used to get wet at the bottom when it rained. 
loved them jeans. 

I have no photos of me when I was younger tho. So my kids will never see all that. Still like all the music now just don’t wear the same clothes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

I know what you mean about trying to shop quickly, I no longer buy any loose vegetables and just get items that are bagged with a bar code. For one thing I keep seeing too many people pick stuff up with no gloves then putting them back, probably doesn't do any harm but still puts me off!

Exactly what I do buying bagged vegetables and  I see people touching loose products and putting them back too.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2