P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 minute ago, davecttr said:

I checked the 6 people limit and apparently it means no more than 6 in a group not socially distanced. So 6 of you can sit around a table in a pub but not 7. What happens when you have 60 people in groups of 6 I don't know. Confusing eh!

Yeah, I know, it all sounds so silly. People simply dont get it - it doesnt matter how many people are there in a group (2 or 100), if someone is sick, it is enough for the virus to cover the entire place and get everyone sick. There isnt really a way to protect yourself and others. We just need to wait for the vaccine 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

House sitters turned up at 3 pm, Tesco;s delivery arrived at 4.30, got all sorted and arrived at our second home at 7.30.

The smell of the sea air is wonderful.

Niece and boyfriend are house sitting both work from home,so gives them freedom as well.

After 175 days, having a large, sorry, very large glass of wine, on the balcony looking over the sea and looking up at the stars is, unbelievable humbling at this time. Glass is empty, time for a refill!

I just imagined myself being in your shoes. It all sounds so fantastic. The smell of the sea is still with me as well, as if it got stuck somewhere inside my nose.. and soul. 175 days, amazing. Hope you didnt get too drunk of that wine. I really feel jealous right now. Cant wait to go on my own cruise anytime soon 

• Like 2

House sitters turned up at 3 pm, Tesco;s delivery arrived at 4.30, got all sorted and arrived at our second home at 7.30.

Niece and boyfriend are house sitting both work from home,so gives them freedom as well.

After 175 days, having a large, sorry, very large glass of wine, on the balcony looking over the sea and looking up at the stars is, unbelievable humbling at this time. Glass is empty, time for a refill!

I'm so glad you've finally managed to escape Mercury, you've had to wait a long time. I hope you have a relaxing break and and enjoy your glasses (bottles😉) of wine. Maybe you could post a picture of your view so I can be even more envious.😁

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 3

Enjoy your break.  I feel in despite need of a few days away but OH is still not comfortable with being away from home, he has managed to eat out twice but after months of shielding he is concerned about other people's behaviour.  Have another glass of wine for me  🍷🍷

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good Morning , Talking to my daughter last night asking how the Grandkids are going on at school 

and they are loving it but she went on to say another local school has had to shut due to covid.

This morning I put the TV on only to find out as from Monday ..No more than six people gatherings .

Does anyone know of a cruise ship that carries 6 people ? :classic_unsure:

I think Wowzz's signal box pub could prove to be a wise place to visit .:classic_wink:

Have a good day everyone .:classic_smile:

It was bound to happen. You didn't need a crystal ball, just to watch the news. The thing that amazes me is, some people are actually surprised by it!!  Why? We were warned.

Avril

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I checked the 6 people limit and apparently it means no more than 6 in a group not socially distanced. So 6 of you can sit around a table in a pub but not 7. What happens when you have 60 people in groups of 6 I don't know. Confusing eh!

The 6 limit is a problem for my little group of friends, we are 8 so do we stop our monthly get together or how do we decide who can't come out with us ?  Annoying situation because we are all over 60 and are careful to obey the rules.  I think that they should impose a social  lock down on people aged 18 to 30 year olds since they appear to be the ones  who are causing the problem at the moment, just let them out for work and food shopping.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Yeah, I know, it all sounds so silly. People simply dont get it - it doesnt matter how many people are there in a group (2 or 100), if someone is sick, it is enough for the virus to cover the entire place and get everyone sick. There isnt really a way to protect yourself and others. We just need to wait for the vaccine 

Like you say it only takes one and if they are not wearing a mask they can spread it everywhere they go and has happened in our city where someone with Covid19 went into several pubs and the pubs had to close for a few days for a deep cleanse and people in the pub had to self isolate.

21 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

The 6 limit is a problem for my little group of friends, we are 8 so do we stop our monthly get together or how do we decide who can't come out with us ?  Annoying situation because we are all over 60 and are careful to obey the rules.  I think that they should impose a social  lock down on people aged 18 to 30 year olds since they appear to be the ones  who are causing the problem at the moment, just let them out for work and food shopping.

that’s a bit harsh locking down 18-30 year old but they can still work and food shop yet everyone was in uproar when there was speculation that over 60s might be told they had to stay inside. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

that’s a bit harsh locking down 18-30 year old but they can still work and food shop yet everyone was in uproar when there was speculation that over 60s might be told they had to stay inside. 

I was told 11 month ago to stay inside ! :classic_ohmy::classic_wink: You would get the hang of it Vamps :classic_smile::classic_unsure:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I don't think Josy mean't it that way Vamps. I think she just feels, as I do, that the over 60's and the vunerable did, and some still are, doing there bit, but because a majority of the under 40's?? have completely disregarded the governments warnings after lockdown eased and pubs opened, that we are now seeing cases climb again. The recent tests have shown that it is the 18 to 30 year olds that are now testing positive and even though they don't feel ill, can infect the older and more vunerable among us . So I would assume that we/they again will be penalised if there is another lockdown. We have only just begun to venture out again, albeit warily, and the feeling of frustation will be being felt by a large number of the population. Please don't take offence🙂

Avril

• Like 2

Since April when in general everyone was sticking to the rules and doing the right thing, people now seem to be picking and choosing the rules that they want to live by. Once younger people heard that they were very unlikely to be seriously affected by the disease they seem to have disrespected the disease and the effect that it can have on their elders. The current ramping up of cases and re-imposing of stricter rules were inevitable.  

It's a strange disease that's as easy to catch as a cold  but affects young people in good health less than a cold but is increasingly serious above the age of 60.

No cruising anytime soon when things are going in the wrong direction. We have a P&O cruise to Norway and Iceland next June and TA with USA and Canada on QM2 next September but I now fear that 2021 will be much like 2020, if that happens I doubt that much of the cruise industry can survive that.

When you read that one person can pass the virus onto 10's of people on a one night pub crawl, how can thousands on a cruise ship and mixing at ports of call operate until people are immune by either having and surviving the disease or having an effective vaccine.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I don't think Josy mean't it that way Vamps. I think she just feels, as I do, that the over 60's and the vunerable did, and some still are, doing there bit, but because a majority of the under 40's?? have completely disregarded the governments warnings after lockdown eased and pubs opened, that we are now seeing cases climb again. The recent tests have shown that it is the 18 to 30 year olds that are now testing positive and even though they don't feel ill, can infect the older and more vunerable among us . So I would assume that we/they again will be penalised if there is another lockdown. We have only just begun to venture out again, albeit warily, and the feeling of frustation will be being felt by a large number of the population. Please don't take offence🙂

Avril

Thanks Avril, that was exactly what I meant.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

Ah, but they don't roll out to vote.

We do.🤣😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

We're in a similar situation.  We tend to meet up at least once a week, and would hate to leave anyone out.

That said, the Ole Lady is going up to Scotland to visit her sister for a week.  I'm wondering whether, as I will become a singly, I could form a support bubble with another friend's household 😂

Just have to see which of our friends will let me join their bubble! 😂

• Like 2

The news from the Oxford vaccine trial is a bit alarming.  Reports in the US say that a volunteer has been admitted to hospital with transverse myelitis
https://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/patient-caregiver-education/fact-sheets/transverse-myelitis-fact-sheet

Obviously it’ll be investigated to the n/th degree, to try to confirm whether the vaccine is responsible or whether it is totally unconnected

However, it would put me off volunteering for the over-60s part of the trial.

Kudos to those brave volunteers who are still prepared to unselfishly take that risk

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

surely not much has changed as the social distancing rules were still in effect for private gatherings so for England that means no more than 6 people unless from the same bubble All along 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

This gave me a good chuckle because our last year's trip was not our first time of doing our 'once in a lifetime' trip to Canada and Alaska either! We also did an inland Alaska tour with Princess the first time, which was excellent.  Good to have memories to rely on until we can plan with any certainty again 😊.  The bears and eagles can wait 🤞

LOL,that reminds me of our stay at the Denali lodge.All day looking for bears with no luck.Next morning walking to breakfast there was a bear nicking a slice of pizza in the bin behind the restaurant.

We thought we best take the car for a run as it has not moved this week.

So we took it a run to a local country park and formed our own bubble inside our car.:classic_wink:

It was cloudy when we set off but the sun came out and looked splendid shimmering 

over the water . There was a few pensioners sat around the benches slurping on their coffee's 

and the young mums armed with a bag of stale bread and baby in pram feeding all the swans  etc.

Quite a pleasant scene really . How come ducks don't look fat eating all that bread ? :classic_unsure:

20200909_115204.thumb.jpg.3f19597aaf32ca277fcea6803daf6c09.jpg

20200909_111602_001.jpg

Edited by kalos
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, kalos said:

So we took it a run to a local country park and formed our own bubble inside our car.:classic_wink:

It was cloudy when we set off but the sun came out and looked splendid shimmering 

over the water . There was a few pensioners sat around the benches slurping on their coffee's 

and the young mums armed with a bag of stale bread and baby in pram feeding all the swans  etc.

Quite a pleasant scene really . How come ducks don't look fat eating all that bread ? :classic_unsure:

20200909_111602_001.jpg

Looks like a good day Kalos. Love the picture of you waddling down the slipway.

Oh no, wait a minute🧐.......  Sorry😁

Avril

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

surely not much has changed as the social distancing rules were still in effect for private gatherings so for England that means no more than 6 people unless from the same bubble All along 

That's exactly what I was saying to my parents this morning.

The guidelines/rules already say no more than 6 people if they are from more than 2 households, so the only difference from Monday is that there is a limit on the numbers allowed to meet from 2 households. At the moment the 4 members of my household could meet the 4 from my sister's household outside somewhere, (not inside a home though) but from Monday we'll be restricted to the current indoor limit of 6 even when outside.

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

LOL,that reminds me of our stay at the Denali lodge.All day looking for bears with no luck.Next morning walking to breakfast there was a bear nicking a slice of pizza in the bin behind the restaurant.

We were staying in the Fairmont in Jasper. I got up at 06.00 to do what needed to be done. I opened the curtain to see if it was day light. No Bears, but a family of elks.

WP_20170614_06_17_07_Pro (2).jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, kalos said:

20200909_111602_001.jpg

Lovely photos Kalos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1