P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

On 7/27/2024 at 1:17 PM, kalos said:

With four cruise ships in Southampton today I am sure they will be a few traveling

down from up north /midlands will be fretting, if stuck in traffic and praying that 

a few cruise coaches are stuck with them ,as there has been a major crash

causing part of the A34 to be closed .

This is a reason we always like to travel the day before to Southampton .

I watch the ships live on YouTube departures but think todays ships could be

delayed . Good luck to all who are stuck in this incident and hope everyone is ok.

image.png.bed10e9a08dff65a249f5f3091cf78d8.pngimage.png.bed10e9a08dff65a249f5f3091cf78d8.png

Fortunately we drove down to Buckingham on Friday for an overnight stop and that journey from Leeds was bad enough with multiple lane closures, 50mph speed restrictions and lots of traffic. 

If anyone wants to follow our cruise my blog is here: https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/3020614-live-on-board-msc-virtuosa-european-cruise-27th-july-2024/

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

A gorgeous sunny day here, we had a tour to Peel, this was the jewel in the crown so far, a lovely fishing village with a castle and fine beaches, we called at a small transport museum on the way home at Jurby which was nice, brought back memories of school buses and our first cars, mine being a Vauxhall Viva (road legal) that is. We have a tour to the south of the island tomorrow and a train ride on one of the old steam trains.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

I never save passwords or other details to my browser due the security risk. I use a password manager which stores my passwords and other details, I have one password or pass phrase for the Password Manager, don’t need to remember individual passwords, can also add Two factor authentication for additional security.

On my phone I use the password manager available on the phone which uses my fingerprint or alternatively facial recognition to access passwords. 

https://uk.pcmag.com/password-managers/145831/warning-dont-let-google-manage-your-passwords

How do you cope with those websites that require a regular password change, and you need to know the old password to change to a new one?

As far as my initial post, I have now sorted out the problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

How do you cope with those websites that require a regular password change, and you need to know the old password to change to a new one?

As far as my initial post, I have now sorted out the problem.

The old password is stored in the password manager and once changed automatically updates the password, not a problem and much safer from being hacked as there are a few malware apps out there that can steal passwords and other data from browsers. I have the option to save turned off. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 1

Morning all, we have a sunny 17.c and reaching 27.c today and the UV up to 7.

Yesterday sun was strong but we sat in the shade apart from 5-10 mins where

I had a potter around the garden .Only this morning did I notice the sun had 

caught my head a little . So memo to self for today must wear sun hat and keep

in the shade or get some sun cream on .

Never used to be like this before I went on medications  now I easily burn .

Take care and have a good day.

• Like 9

Already 14° and predicted to get up to 27° in sunny Stoke today. 

We saw a cruise advertised yesterday in the paper that looked interesting so it is a visit to the travel agent today to book our first cruise for next summer.

Have a great day and don't forget the high factor sun cream.

• Like 8

Good morning.

17°C and sunny here.

It is Pauline's lovely late dad's 16th memory in heaven and we will be going to the remembrance room at the crematorium later to leave message's and see his name in the city remembrance book.

I hope everyone has a great day.

• Like 9

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

We had a busy weekend with family/ grandchildren visiting us for the weekend.

We went to Blackpool Zoo with them, they loved it, flamingos were the girls favourite.

I am taking my mum to the fracture clinic this morning, I am guessing they will re

x-Ray it then decide what to do. It has been broken with no support for 10 days. I have complained and tried to get an earlier appointment to no avail.

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Peanut006 said:

We went to Blackpool Zoo with them, they loved it, flamingos were the girls favourite.

I am taking my mum to the fracture clinic this morning, I am guessing they will re

x-Ray it then decide what to do. It has been broken with no support for 10 days. I have complained and tried to get an earlier appointment to no avail.

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

I hope your mam gets her break properly seen to today Michelle.

Sending you both my best wishes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

Good luck at the fracture clinic. I hope all goes well.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

The Mayor of Paris was said that compulsory DNA registration of dogs may be need to resolve the issue, that way sample of dog poo can checked and the owner of the dog identified, fined and pay for the cost of the test. Already being trialed in few French cities. 

Good idea. A great City, but you can't look up.

Another warm day in the Morecambe bay area. Our visit to the Winter Gardens in Morecambe yesterday to see how the restoration work is coming along...was really interesting and well worth a visit...it transported you back to a forgotten era...well done to all involved in the restoration work....Will be amazing to see when it is back to it's former glory

Apologies for yesterday calling it the Morecambe & Wise statue when actually it is the Eric Morecambe statue

• Like 4

A beautiful day here in Stoke today. 

We have been into the travel agent this morning and booked a cruise to Scandanavia for next summer. I think that the stress caused by the problems on Sky Princess this summer has made us realise that cruising is not the good experience that it used to be.

DH's health problem prevents him flying and we are struggling to find cruises out of the UK  with ports that we haven't already visited several times so we have decided that we will spend more time going on short breaks around Britain and we will only do one cruise next year.

• Like 10

Another good day for us on the sunny isle of Man. Looked out at 08:00 this morning to check the weather and we had a cruise ship anchored right in front of the hotel. It was the Seabourn Sojourn, which is on a round Britain cruise.                              .                          We had another tour today, we started with a steam train ride to Port Erin which was partly along the coast and partly countryside, we went through some lovely villages. We then had free time in Port Erin before visiting the Calf of Man at the very bottom of the Island, lovely views along the cliffs, there were quite a few seals basking in the sun.                                                                                                                                                             We then moved on to Castletown which was the capital in bygone days. Another quaint town with a castle, they had a big screen in the town square showing the Olympics so we settled down in the sun on nice bid deck chairs to watch the win in the biking and bronze in the horse jumping. 

Edited by Yorkshire Phil
  • Like 10

13 minutes ago, delgirl said:

just got off apex saturday had a brilliant cruise. Guess what I have tested positive for today.😚 

Glad a good cruise, but nuisance re 🤧 It is everywhere atm.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, delgirl said:

just got off apex saturday had a brilliant cruise. Guess what I have tested positive for today.😚 

You are in good company, it was on the news that Adam Peaty has tested positive.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

• Like 4

On 7/27/2024 at 6:15 PM, Megabear2 said:

For those not liking sport the television is a total wilderness at present, the main non sporting choices currently being offerings on the first and second world wars.  It's no wonder people are switching off in their droves. 

I love sport (apart from horse racing and rugby) and love history too, but there’s always something interesting on iPlayer. Plenty from the archives too. 

• Like 4

We’ve had a family weekend down in Cardiff and also met up with some friends, Had a great afternoon at Sophia Gardens yesterday watching two Hundred matches. Welsh Fire lost both matches, women and then men, against the Oval Invincibles but the glorious weather and brilliant atmosphere made for a memorable day. 
Visited Aberfan Cemetery on our way home today. Hadn’t been there for years. There were some family members tending some of the graves. It’s a sobering place but really well kept. 

• Like 10

Morning ,it looks to be another hot one today but I kept out of it yesterday,as it 

was a bit much for us . Will put some sun cream on should we sit out today .

Years ago I wanted a job making the stuff but I didn't get the job at the sunscreen company..

They said you can always reapply.🙃🤔

Have a good day and take care .🙂

• Haha 9