P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok this morning.

It’s a lovely morning here again with lovely blue skies with scattered clouds and no breeze. I suspect it will feel too hot later in the day.

It’s our fortnightly coffee morning today. The place where we hold it have installed a new coffee machine, last time it was taking money and not delivering the coffee so we shall see how it is behaving today

I am not doing much else apart from the usual household stuff, dog walking and going to the gym

Have a good day 

Michelle

• Like 8

Morning everyone,

Looks as though we had rain overnight, but bright and partly sunny now and 17c, expected to get to 21c, so not as hot as yesterday.

Next door are having a new roof fitted so there's quite a bit of noise.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 7

19c and overcast here at the moment but nice and fresh with a breeze. There’s a faint smell of smoke hanging around, yesterday evening we thought it was a neighbour with a patio wood burner but it’s still smelling this morning. 

We need to get a couple of cruise related tasks done today. We changed our cabin for our September Princess cruise and the medallion app didn’t update , we phoned Princess a week ago to point this out but it still isn’t correct so will need to phone again. Also for our January P&O Pacific cruise we want to book seats on our Lufthansa and Emirates flights, we managed to get the flight booking references off our TA but the airlines websites say that we can’t book seats because booking isn’t confirmed. Ho hum there’s always something!!

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Overcast  here in Lancashire at the moment in more ways than one. The sun is forecast but the gloom will remain 

Just clouded over here too in last 30 mins, had blue skies earlier!!

Michelle

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We need to get a couple of cruise related tasks done today. We changed our cabin for our September Princess cruise and the medallion app didn’t update , we phoned Princess a week ago to point this out but it still isn’t correct so will need to phone again.

Good luck with that! I am on a Princess cruise in September - same one I think. My App has not worked since they made changes to the dining arrangements back in June, despite repeated attempts at reinstalling the App and following advice given!  Their Tech support call centre appears to be in the Philippines and while they have tried to help, I have been promised interventions by Tech experts and one call-back, which has not happened.  I rather think it's a bit of a mess right now 😏

My TA assures me that my booking is all in order and in place and so I remain optimistic that all will be well when I board.  I hope you get a successful result from your calls 🤞

Edited by mrsgoggins
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Just clouded over here too in last 30 mins, had blue skies earlier!!

Michelle

Still sunny in SW Lancs Michelle 😉.  Enjoy your day, hopefully those blue skies will return.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Overcast  here in Lancashire at the moment in more ways than one. The sun is forecast but the gloom will remain 

I can understand that….😢

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Good luck with that! I am on a Princess cruise in September - same one I think. My App has not worked since they made changes to the dining arrangements back in June, despite repeated attempts at reinstalling the App and following advice given!  Their Tech support call centre appears to be in the Philippines and while they have tried to help, I have been promised interventions by Tech experts and one call-back, which has not happened.  I rather think it's a bit of a mess right now 😏

My TA assures me that my booking is all in order and in place and so I remain optimistic that all will be well when I board.  I hope you get a successful result from your calls 🤞

My wife deals with cruise app, pre cruise type of things. She was coping with the app ok until the cabin change didn’t update the app. She had to rebook our mdr dining though because even though she thought she had saved our dining times and venue she hadn’t noticed the reserve button to click which confirms everything.

Yes I think that we are both on the USA, Canada and now France!! cruise in September. We always said that we wouldn’t cross the Atlantic in any ship other than QM2, so we’ll see how it goes at what can be a stormy time of year 🤞

• Like 3

Good morning.

I am home now and it is warm 20°C and sunny.

I had a nice coffee,bacon and egg mcmuffin at the beach for breakfast.

I hope everyone is safe and well and looking forward to a nice day.

IMG_20240730_075204.jpg

• Like 12

Morning

Early morning cloud dispersing and sun coming through temperature currently 18C, due to rise to 26C this afternoon, so another hot one today.

Got the hose out last night as had no intention of carrying numerous refills of watering cans to top of garden to water raised beds which dried out quite rapidly in the last week with the warmer weather and less rain. Gave them a good soaking, topped up greenhouse watering systems and watering cans and then watered plants in garden. Watering at 9 pm meant that less water would be lost to evaporation. 

Today, a volunteer session this morning sorting through finds collections for removal to other organisations and preparing to meet with Curator of another organisation next week who will coming to assess collections that they maybe interested in. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, janny444 said:

I think we all share your gloom janny after the horrific scenes at the playgroup .

Our thoughts and prayers are with them.

• Like 14

Our neighbour has just told us that his granddaughter has only just moved to work at Alderhay after finishing her nurse training and was on duty on the children's ward when the children were brought into the emergency depart so I guess that she will be tending some of them.  I can only imagine how horrific the incident must be for the friends and families of the victims.

We can only pray that the children in hospital recover from their injuries and that they all get counselling and somehow manage to come to terms with what has happened to them.🙏

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Hi all,wheels down 7.05 pm at LGW yesterday.Straight thru passport control,15 mins for bags.The usual train and tube.Key in our door at 9.40.Thanks for all your concerns about Marilyn,the secret was to get up early let the tablets kick in and slowly get more mobile.She was dreading the 4hr flight but we paid £100 for 2 of the 2 3 2 configuration on the TUI dreamliner and they were the best premium seats we've had.1 day at sea before Istanbul helped and the tour was OK with loads of walking but she was fine.The 2nd port,a small island in the Dardenelles Bozcaada was a tender port.Marilyn opted out of that one as it was a bit bouncy.I went on my own for a couple of hours.Good job I did,a few hours later they suspended tenders but still had 5 loads to get back.It was like watching the rapids at Alton Towers from our balcony with people screaming and the ship repositioning several times.Everyone made it safely but a bit shaken.Great cruise,staff 10 out of 10 for service and politeness.Food good and plentiful.Omelette station in buffet had a pager service but quite often it was ready b4 I had finished loading my  plate.There was a different carvery every lunch also.For an old ship there were not many signs of rust or tiredness other than a few sofas that had seen better days.I'll try and download a few pics later,cheers,Brian.

• Like 14

3 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

I booked a Princess cruise yesterday to use up a future cruise credit that they added to our account as compensation for the disastrous cruise that we had in June.  I have just been on the app and tried to book a couple of days dining, which I will change to what we really want later and it is working for me on my phone I haven't tried the laptop.

Have you tried clearing your cookies ?

Screenshot_20240730-131229_Princess.thumb.jpg.2523ef228cf86f3ce81e1183fe7a10cc.jpg

4 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

My wife deals with cruise app, pre cruise type of things. She was coping with the app ok until the cabin change didn’t update the app. She had to rebook our mdr dining though because even though she thought she had saved our dining times and venue she hadn’t noticed the reserve button to click which confirms everything.

Yes I think that we are both on the USA, Canada and now France!! cruise in September. We always said that we wouldn’t cross the Atlantic in any ship other than QM2, so we’ll see how it goes at what can be a stormy time of year 🤞

I booked this cruise too a few weeks ago as a solo traveller.

My longest cruise by far 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Morning

Early morning cloud dispersing and sun coming through temperature currently 18C, due to rise to 26C this afternoon, so another hot one today.

Got the hose out last night as had no intention of carrying numerous refills of watering cans to top of garden to water raised beds which dried out quite rapidly in the last week with the warmer weather and less rain. Gave them a good soaking, topped up greenhouse watering systems and watering cans and then watered plants in garden. Watering at 9 pm meant that less water would be lost to evaporation. 

Today, a volunteer session this morning sorting through finds collections for removal to other organisations and preparing to meet with Curator of another organisation next week who will coming to assess collections that they maybe interested in. 

Here's a revelation for you SH.Recent excavations near our balcony  have revealed that Rhodes once belonged to the ancient Kingdom of Tyre.IMG_20240728_085045307.thumb.jpg.8ed3e1ffb64c0148e3155ad0b6d71ffc.jpg

• Haha 10

7 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

My wife phoned Princess ‘Medallionready’ this afternoon and the rep couldn’t change the cabin cabin number on the app, there are Technical Issues with the app but as long as the booking cabin number is correct that is ok! I just hope that the medallion has the correct cabin number programmed into it or we’ll be automatically opening the next door cabin and locked out of ours.

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

My wife phoned Princess ‘Medallionready’ this afternoon and the rep couldn’t change the cabin cabin number on the app, there are Technical Issues with the app but as long as the booking cabin number is correct that is ok! I just hope that the medallion has the correct cabin number programmed into it or we’ll be automatically opening the next door cabin and locked out of ours.

Make sure there isn't one of those pineapple thingys hanging on it.

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I booked a Princess cruise yesterday to use up a future cruise credit that they added to our account as compensation for the disastrous cruise that we had in June.  I have just been on the app and tried to book a couple of days dining, which I will change to what we really want later and it is working for me on my phone I haven't tried the laptop.

Have you tried clearing your cookies ?

Thanks for the suggestion, but even the Tech assistance operator in the Philippines was getting the same error messages when she went into my account, so unlikely to be my end.  I am currently awaiting an email response from Customer service ..... 😏

I just hope our on board experience is happier than yours 🤞 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but even the Tech assistance operator in the Philippines was getting the same error messages when she went into my account, so unlikely to be my end.  I am currently awaiting an email response from Customer service ..... 😏

I just hope our on board experience is happier than yours 🤞 

Good luck with Customer Service.

I also hope that you don't  have the same on board experience as we did.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the we have a better experience on the cruise that we have booked to use up the future cruise credit that we received as compensation for the problems.

My husband is of the opinion that we were just very unlucky on this cruise and given the number of cruises that we have taken we have been lucky not to have had serious problems before.

• Like 5

I spent the afternoon in the sun watching the "old codgers" bowling match on our green. My friend having had the same idea arrived shortly after me, she got landed with making tea while I was given the measures to check which wood was nearest the jack when it wasn't clear.

It was a lovely afternoon sitting in the sun chatting.  I also caught up with some of the opposing team because I used to bowl with some them until that team broke up when Stoke council closed all of the parks teams and we all moved to teams nearer to our homes.

• Like 2