P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

A dry morning here so the washing is in the machine so that I can get it on the line before I go out.

We have the carpet fitters coming around 9am so DH has to get up early before I go to take Miss Grumpy to school. 

Have  good day everyone.

• Like 10

12 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I have had photographs from all 3 of my niece's who have school age children.  One sending her child off for her first day at school even though mum is the head at the school.  Another sending her 7 year old daughter and 5 year old son to his first day at school and the third's twins going into year 5.

The one that I took to school is 14 and dad took her photo because it was what mum had done every year until she passed away but the 16 year old son took off at a run for the bus to college before dad could get his phone out 🤣🤣

I love the tradition of first day of school photos 😊

My 4 year old grandson started school yesterday, how time flies! Our daughter sent us a photo of him in his uniform and I fished out the old ones of her on her first day to see the resemblance, precious memories 🥰

• Like 12

1 minute ago, kalos said:

Hope your all having a good day  ,here's one for you folk who like 

making your own gifts /cards😉  Take care 👍

image.jpeg.42df21506a2bbc8830df9ca65c581629.jpeg

Useful  if you start to feel hungry while you are out 🤣

• Haha 6

Drove back up yesterday from Southampton after a few days down there visiting our son and visiting some local attractions. We originally planned to cruise to USA and Canada on Arcadia which is why we had a hotel booked but changed to a Princess cruise in 2 weeks time (better price and later departure may mean better chance of autumn colours🤞) so will be back down there a week on Saturday.

We visited Stonehenge on Sunday, my first time for over 25 years. We were lucky with the weather, it was bright and dry but only a few miles away they had heavy rain and thunder storms. It was the first time that we had been to the visitors centre and the just over 1 mile walk to and from the stones (shuttle buses are available).

On Monday I gave OH a guided tour of the New Forest which I know well being brought up in the area. We stopped at a pub which was £15 for a pint and medium wine spritzer, ouch.

The car has its MOT and service in Stoke tomorrow so I will need to check and reset the tyre monitor warning that came on on the way back up yesterday, it’s only slightly low on 1 tyre, not a puncture.

• Like 10

Morning all,off to meet up with 10 of Marilyns childhood friends back when they used to run amok on the streets of Whitechapel.2 now live in Colchester,1 is coming from New Zealand and the rest still live in East London.We're all meeting at a pub in Theydon Bois just outside Epping on the central line.We have to get the tube to East London and then back into Essex,probably a 90 min journey for us.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 11

16 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Fair day here once it brightened up.

Good start to the day I got a £1000 prize on the premium bonds which is my biggest to date. I then spent it and a chunk besides on a new car in the afternoon. I have been looking for a replacement for a few months and Citroen got me a good deal on a new petrol C3 automatic. I had considered a hybrid or full electric but we will see next time. 

Congratulations on your win - I haven’t had anything for ages (probably because I sold some).   The most  I’ve had is £500 - anybody admitting to a big prize.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

FB_IMG_1725409350344.jpg.0b76f321138f5c6634e1df783c2167c8.jpg

This reminded me of when my friend Barbara for a Golden Labrador just after she married she got home from work one evening to find that the dog had managed to break through the door leading to the lounge and had chewed a hole inside the back of the sofa.  Like many of us didn't have much spare money after the mortgage, food and bills had been paid so they couldn't afford a new sofa and door so the bought a new door and pushed the sofa to back to a wall.  They didn't buy a new sofa until the dog passed away 9 years later.

• Like 3

I just got more 1st day back at school photos, this time from our USA niece. Their photos are so different from our UK children, no uniforms they are all dressed very casually and the ubiquitous yellow school bus in the background.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

This reminded me of when my friend Barbara for a Golden Labrador just after she married she got home from work one evening to find that the dog had managed to break through the door leading to the lounge and had chewed a hole inside the back of the sofa.  Like many of us didn't have much spare money after the mortgage, food and bills had been paid so they couldn't afford a new sofa and door so the bought a new door and pushed the sofa to back to a wall.  They didn't buy a new sofa until the dog passed away 9 years later.

My neighbours used to have sheepdog called Shep and he took to scratching at their sofa.  After several months they had to get a new one and when the old was removed from the living room they discovered dozens and dozens of doggy chews under the seats - they gave him one each time they went out and he had been burying them!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

A grey morning here with a possibility of rain later which means I will probably get wet when we are bowling tonight.  It is the last ladies match if the season.  We are the home team so we have to provide a buffet for after the match.  I have to provide sausage rolls because last year I foolishly made some and everyone preferred them to bought ones.

Have a good day everyone. 

• Like 6

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

It looks a dull morning here today but forecast to reach 21 degrees later.

A busy day ahead for me. Taking dogs to dog sitter in Yorkshire this morning then coming home to pack.

We are taking my mum on a Warners break to Heythrop Park in the Cotswolds tomorrow.  Daughter, son in law and grandchildren staying at ours as Blackpool Illuminations are on plus the first round of the World Fireworks Championships tomorrow night. 

Have a nice day whatever you are doing

Michelle

• Like 10

Hope everyone has a good day .Free sausage rolls? Wish I had taken up bowling now.

Home made ones are the best aren't they ?  Very rare I have one as it would be a shop

bought one.

As I get older all I need when out shopping is, Spec-savers, Boots, and Greggs..
My life is all Specs, Drugs and Sausage rolls !!!  🙃

Would love the world fireworks contest 👍

All have a great day/ evening and those on cruisers -Enjoy 🙂

Take care ! 🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

I’ll echo the Happy Cruising thoughts 🚢 

The forecast awful weather is settling in.  All day today and all day tomorrow? 😱 Oh please.  We’re barely into September yet warm sunny days feel a distant memory

I have an escape plan - I’m going to do a bit of vandalism, then have a lovely time in Australia 👇F28E4BCF-E753-4573-AF05-70DB00B80DF6.thumb.jpeg.09c600038d1c2700927813a9e54d3a57.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

It looks a dull morning here today but forecast to reach 21 degrees later.

A busy day ahead for me. Taking dogs to dog sitter in Yorkshire this morning then coming home to pack.

We are taking my mum on a Warners break to Heythrop Park in the Cotswolds tomorrow.  Daughter, son in law and grandchildren staying at ours as Blackpool Illuminations are on plus the first round of the World Fireworks Championships tomorrow night. 

Have a nice day whatever you are doing

Michelle

Heythrop is a cut above some of the other Warners. Dinner in their pub was quite nice.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Morning all,

A cloudy day, no rain yet but heavy rain is forecast for later today and tomorrow, with a maximum temp of 16c. It is definately more like winter than summer.

Going to make some jam later as our raspberries are now coming in thick and fast. Will be given some apples off Mum's tree soon too, and freezer space is becoming limited. 

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Hope everyone has a good day .Free sausage rolls? Wish I had taken up bowling now.

Home made ones are the best aren't they ?  Very rare I have one as it would be a shop

bought one.

As I get older all I need when out shopping is, Spec-savers, Boots, and Greggs..
My life is all Specs, Drugs and Sausage rolls !!!  🙃

Would love the world fireworks contest 👍

All have a great day/ evening and those on cruisers -Enjoy 🙂

Take care ! 🙂

20240905_094718.thumb.jpg.b581b5ef60afd69f4b0b275844a8e1ee.jpgJust for you @Kalos a photo of sausage rolls cooling in the kitchen  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1