P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Did this make anybody else burst out laughing😂😂😂

Andy 

I did have to read it twice before having a little chuckle.

The Dansette bit was nice to read.  When I cleared out my mum's place, my parents' old Dansette record player was still in the loft.  Haven't tried playing anything on it, but it now resides as a feature in the cabin in the back garden.

Good to see you back Andy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Sorry, just been a bit busy with work, difficult times. 

Just starting to feel the effects from lockdown really and having to plan for whatever is likely to happen next. 

Tough decisions that affects others does not sit comfortably with me, so not really been my usual positive self. 

We are fine though, thank you Avril and Graham for your thoughts. 

Andy & Michelle xx

Happy to see you back again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm so reiieved you're both well, you had me a tad worried there for a while😙. This confusing lockdown  is affecting us all, some sooner than others. It's only natural that with your concern and worry for Michelle, your family and the responsibilities of your business and employees that this would happen. No-one is a rock  Andy, and you can't blame yourself for having a normal reaction to the stress of this awful situation we all find ourselves in. You're only being human. You told me once Andy that we, on this forum, are here to support each other through these difficult times and to keep posting when I needed to talk, so heed you're own advice. We are all here for you now. Even a quick ''hi'' sometimes will do. Otherwise you could find yourself on the naughty step😉 Take care🤗

Avril

+1.

47 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I hope that's just because of the angle the photo was taken, because it looks bigger than she is.

Avril

That was the size of the Pizza.

Andy probably recognises the restaurant in Southampton and can confirm.

This is the same restaurant in August 2018 pre cruise.

IMG_20180823_201707.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That was the size of the Pizza.

Andy probably recognises the restaurant in Southampton and can confirm.

This is the same restaurant.

IMG_20180823_201707.jpg

Looks like you had the calazone there Graham. My favourite😋 Josey just bet me to it

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
oops
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Thank you Kruzze and hope you are keeping safe & well as well .

Just put our TV on , which number are you ?  I will keep a lookout for you .  :classic_unsure: :classic_wink: :classic_biggrin:

I did a quick run to the bins earlier in the pouring rain - i think was a record time.  Will that do?  🤔

Take care yourself and my very best wishes.🤗

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I did have to read it twice before having a little chuckle.

The Dansette bit was nice to read.  When I cleared out my mum's place, my parents' old Dansette record player was still in the loft.  Haven't tried playing anything on it, but it now resides as a feature in the cabin in the back garden.

Good to see you back Andy.

I got a Dansette for my birthday - clearly I'd been optimistic about getting it as I'd bought my first 45 record in advance!  Apache by the Shadows.  It still evokes a lot of emotion when I hear it now.  

1 minute ago, brian1 said:

That's a shame,I was going to borrow your camera for when I'm sexting.

Realism in all things bro. You could be asked to put your money where your mouth is one day, well sort of, but you know what I mean. I'm trying to be delicate here. 😉

Sis

Been to church this morning and now sitting in the car looking out to sea.
Sea is a bit choppy but it is not raining or windy and quite mild temperature.
Graham.
IMG_20201004_113909.thumb.jpg.dd5ead5346ba764078836c757ce1abd2.jpg

You’ve got much better weather than us!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 2

Weather is fantastically aweful [emoji23] I’d hate it if I was at home but love it like this at the coast. We went for a walk but could hardly move forwards going into the wind, had to find a different way home.
This could be my most flattering photo ever [emoji23][emoji23]IMG_3451.JPG

• Like 8
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

I got a Dansette for my birthday - clearly I'd been optimistic about getting it as I'd bought my first 45 record in advance!  Apache by the Shadows.  It still evokes a lot of emotion when I hear it now.  

I remember when Frank and I were 'courting' and he bought a new to the market invention. A Grundig reel to reel portable tape recorder. It was so heavy and about the size of a small suitcase. We were so 'with it'😆

Avril

• Like 2

Just now, SarahHben said:

Weather is fantastically aweful emoji23.png I’d hate it if I was at home but love it like this at the coast. We went for a walk but could hardly move forwards going into the wind, had to find a different way home.
This could be my most flattering photo ever emoji23.pngemoji23.pngIMG_3451.JPG

Love it.😄 Not much use for a passport though.

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Realism in all things bro. You could be asked to put your money where your mouth is one day, well sort of, but you know what I mean. I'm trying to be delicate here. 😉

Sis

No,it's that camera,I've just seen the size of Grahams sausage in his latest photo.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I remember when Frank and I were 'courting' and he bought a new to the market invention. A Grundig reel to reel portable tape recorder. It was so heavy and about the size of a small suitcase. We were so 'with it'😆

Avril

Pick of the Pops, Sunday afternoons, trying to record the Top Ten without the DJ talking over the intro.

Couldn’t afford a Grundig though.  Saved all my pocket money and present money for ages to get an Elizabethan. 23 guineas. 

• Like 3