P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Thanks Andy.  I think we must live very near to you.  Warsash is about two miles up the road from our village.  I lived in Warsash in Newtown Road when I was teaching many moons ago.  It was a bungalow just opposite the Nautical Bookshop which I don't think is there any more.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, annieuk said:

My husband is on immunosuppressant medication for his illness and he had a letter from the hospital telling him firstly that he is in the most vulnerable category therefore can't go out.  He has to have fortnightly blood tests and the letter informed him that they can arrange for a phlebotomist to come to the house to take blood rather than him having to go to the local surgery or Community Hospital.  We were very impressed by that and it's being arranged. 

Take care,pleased that he is getting bloods done at home.

Graham

14 minutes ago, annieuk said:

Thanks Andy.  I think we must live very near to you.  Warsash is about two miles up the road from our village.  I lived in Warsash in Newtown Road when I was teaching many moons ago.  It was a bungalow just opposite the Nautical Bookshop which I don't think is there any more.  

Oh wow, didn't know you were that close. 

We are just off of Brook Lane, not far from the village. 

Hope you are coping OK. 

Andy 

We're coping thanks Andy. My husband, a usually incredibly active person who never had a day's illness in his life until a year ago has been laid low with this horrible illness which attacks healthy blood vessels and nerves, not incurable and can be stabilised hopefully to avoid any further damage, but it's a slow process.  We're lucky in that we have a daughter who works very near us and she sorts out prescriptions etc.  We're on the Ocado priority list - I've used Ocado since I broke my ankle over ten years ago and have found them really good so that's been useful.  So we cope and just think how lucky we are to have a garden so we can be out there even if we can't go outside the property at all because of my husband's illness.  He's itching to be able to do more than he's able so we are hoping the current medication is going to work. There are many people far worse off than we are.

• Like 2

Feeling very guilty at the moment as my mum has been discharged from hospital into a care home, as the local authority won’t offer her care at home. She also lives in Salford which has had according to the statistics the most care home deaths in the country! 

I’d have her stay with us but with both of us trying to work from home in a 1bed flat it’s really not possible. 😟

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, annieuk said:

We're coping thanks Andy. My husband, a usually incredibly active person who never had a day's illness in his life until a year ago has been laid low with this horrible illness which attacks healthy blood vessels and nerves, not incurable and can be stabilised hopefully to avoid any further damage, but it's a slow process.  We're lucky in that we have a daughter who works very near us and she sorts out prescriptions etc.  We're on the Ocado priority list - I've used Ocado since I broke my ankle over ten years ago and have found them really good so that's been useful.  So we cope and just think how lucky we are to have a garden so we can be out there even if we can't go outside the property at all because of my husband's illness.  He's itching to be able to do more than he's able so we are hoping the current medication is going to work. There are many people far worse off than we are.

Oh bless you. 

Fingers crossed the medication works for him. 

Keep safe. 

Andy 

1 minute ago, amfc_lenny said:

Feeling very guilty at the moment as my mum has been discharged from hospital into a care home, as the local authority won’t offer her care at home. She also lives in Salford which has had according to the statistics the most care home deaths in the country! 

I’d have her stay with us but with both of us trying to work from home in a 1bed flat it’s really not possible. 😟

Oh bless her. 

It must be horrible for all of you. 

Fingers crossed she gets the care she needs. 

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, amfc_lenny said:

I’d have her stay with us but with both of us trying to work from home in a 1bed flat it’s really not possible.

Sorry to hear your problem with your Mum and lets hope that a better place comes along for her.

I'm sure you will do whatever it takes but under these circumstances there is not much more you could do.

Chin up and good luck for the future .:classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

If I was still eating my old diet I too would have put 2 stone on with this lockdown.

Same here Graham, I was told avoid salt and sugar in my diet and the weight just fell off.

Andy could eat all the nice stuff we can't have for us two :classic_unsure:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, kalos said:

Same here Graham, I was told avoid salt and sugar in my diet and the weight just fell off.

Don't you worry, I am... 

Anything for you guys😊

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Don't you worry, I am... 

Anything for you guys😊

Andy 

I'll help you Andy. I can't stand the thought of you suffering on your own. After all what are friends for? 😉

Avril 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, kalos said:

I have cut out

Sausage

Bacon

Burgers

Chocolate.

Sugar.

Salt.

Ham and gammon.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'll help you Andy. I can't stand the thought of you suffering on your own. After all what are friends for? 😉

Avril 

Sorry Avril, you will have to get your own, but thanks for the offer... 

Just starting Graham, Kalos and mine.. 

Andy 

image_48889e11-6284-4752-bccc-6681425a4ccb20200422_140330.jpg

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Finally I worked from home today! I work 8-1 most days so was nice to be sitting in my garden by 1.10pm 😊

WOW, that's a big house. I can walk from my home office to the garden in less than a minute.😁

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Finally I worked from home today! I work 8-1 most days so was nice to be sitting in my garden by 1.10pm 😊

Come on now, tell the truth, did you start work in your pyjamas?

I worked mostly from home for 6 years, most mornings I'd get up 7:25am & just go straight into our spare bedroom ("office") to be online & available by 7:30am. 😉

Edited by DamianG

11 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Come on now, tell the truth, did you start work in your pyjamas?

I worked mostly from home for 6 years, most mornings I'd get up 7:25am & just go straight into our spare bedroom ("office") to be online & available by 7:30am. 😉

Honestly no! I may have worn comfy trousers and not washed my hair but I always get dressed! When I was made redundant last year there were a few days when I got up much later but I always found having a shower and getting dressed made me feel better so I forced myself up!

On lates today (1-6).

• Like 1