P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

PS - For years there was a Mr R Sitch in the London phone book - he used to get a lot of strange calls, not from me, I hasten to add.😇

And all those notes left on people’s  desks at work asking them to return a call from Mr C Lyon. No other details - just London Zoo’s phone number.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AnnieC said:

Then there was rum and black, Scotch and coke (sorry, Eglesbrech!), brandy and Babysham, Snowballs, Leibfraumilch, Mateus Rose.🤢

What were we thinking!!??

Please, please, please don’t tell me up you were ever adulterating a malt with coke (if it a standard blend then knock yourself out).😀

I actually enjoyed a snowball but not the Lambrusco, Liebfraumilch, black tower etc. Best left in the 1970s.

12 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Please, please, please don’t tell me up you were ever adulterating a malt with coke (if it a standard blend then knock yourself out).😀

I actually enjoyed a snowball but not the Lambrusco, Liebfraumilch, black tower etc. Best left in the 1970s.

'fraid so. It was a rather misspent youth. Sorry. 

1 minute ago, AnnieC said:

'fraid so. It was a rather misspent youth. Sorry. 

I can’t say anything, when I look back at some of my youthful fashion faux pas I cringe. At least a drink in drunk and gone, pictures of truly dreadful clothes can haunt you forever.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I can’t say anything, when I look back at some of my youthful fashion faux pas I cringe. At least a drink in drunk and gone, pictures of truly dreadful clothes can haunt you forever.

I often wonder about tattoos - at least we didn't permanently attach our mini skirts and loon pants.😮

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

We might try a leg of salmon this year... 

Andy 

Better be quick,  a rare delicacy and they sell fast. I've never been able to afford one yet, so have to make do with the leftovers once again🙃

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi all would just like to say how much I’ve enjoyed reading all the posts this afternoon,  they have really cheered me up on what is a  cold damp Misty and now dark  November day they  have brought  back some lovely memories happy days.

Great! Please join in the fun - the more the merrier!  🎄

• Like 7

Same here - some of the posts have made me laugh out loud (including your earlier one, lindylooellalouise). Haven't got anything useful done, though, apart from triumphantly emailing my otherwise perfect son in law to break the joyous news that the government has banned board games at Christmas (he has a particular affection for a dire one that goes on for hours and he's coming here on Christmas Day).

Edited by AnnieC
  • Like 11

44 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

PS - For years there was a Mr R Sitch in the London phone book - he used to get a lot of strange calls, not from me, I hasten to add.😇

Working in a bank, we had several customers who had amusing names.

My personal favourite  was a woman called Mercedes Window. I used to wonder if she had a friend called BMW Door.

There was also another favourite, and I'm not sure if CC will censor it, but I'll try it anyway. It was Mr Wanklyn, although he pronounced if Ranklyn 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Just now, AnnieC said:

Same here - some of the posts have made me laugh out loud (including your earlier one, lindylooellalouise). Haven't got anything useful done, though, apart from triumphantly emailing my otherwise perfect son in law to break the joyous news that the government has banned board games from Christmas (he has a particular affection for a dire one that goes on for hours and he's coming here on Christmas Day).

I think they are going to have the army on standby, peering through people's letterboxes, to see if they are playing Monopoly. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Working in a bank, we had several customers who had amusing names.

My personal favourite  was a woman called Mercedes Window. I used to wonder if she had a friend called BMW Door.

There was also another favourite, and I'm not sure if CC will censor it, but I'll try it anyway. It was Mr Wanklyn, although he pronounced if Ranklyn 

And another lol....😂

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

And all those notes left on people’s  desks at work asking them to return a call from Mr C Lyon. No other details - just London Zoo’s phone number.

37 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Ha ha, I was just going to comment exactly the same... 

Andy 

Lads if you are bored! Phone up some women's rights group...

And ask to speak to the man in charge. :classic_ohmy::classic_ohmy::classic_unsure:

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I think they are going to have the army on standby, peering through people's letterboxes, to see if they are playing Monopoly. 

And another...

You have no idea how much you are cheering up my grumpy self.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Oh Nooo not go to jail !  Go directly to jail :classic_unsure:

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, AnnieC said:
34 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

We had a Mr Sole initial R  in our local phone directory and he defo got a lot of strange calls too😂

Ooh, I wish we'd had one of those.😂

I thought we had!! 😊(Waiting for delete)

Avril

• Like 1