P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

I stand corrected,I wasn't too sure.Tiptree in Essex is quite famous also for strawberries.I remember when I worked in Dundee,it didn't get dark till about 10.30.

Yes mid summer you get what’s called the summer dim where the sun dips rather than sets So it’s not pitch dark , makes for beautiful sunsets and sun rises.

Of course the opposite in mid winter, dark most of the day😢.

Our climate / weather is changing slightly, it has been the hottest April on record here this year.

Even warmer down south in Essex I would imagine? You see more and more English wines for sale so the global warming will eventually make England a major wine grower as it can support more grape varieties.

You will end up in 2 wines areas.

• Like 1

We should be boarding VENTURA today for a 7-nighter to Iberia.

Nevermind, we will still have a MUSTER at 4pm.  Nothing like sitting around for half an hour waiting for the Captain (or Mother-in-Law) to call to remind us to wash our hands and not to sit on the balcony rail.

Then we can go for a PROMENADE around our estate while we work up an appetite for a superb meal. 

Hopefully the meal will be in the Main Dining Room.  I have been told that Beans on Toast is the Chef's Special today, followed by fruit and ice cream.

Then we can watch a really good show this evening, probably on ITV3 - a Miss Marple or a Poirot.

I will of course be expecting a chocolate on the pillow at turn down, FOR EXERCISE, FOR EXERCISE!

Looking forward to our next cruise.  We are waving to Ventura, but as we are nowhere near Weymouth, could one of you kind people give an extra wave on our behalf please.

Keep well, keep smiling, and keep planning your next cruises.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Twogreynomads said:

We should be boarding VENTURA today for a 7-nighter to Iberia.

Nevermind, we will still have a MUSTER at 4pm.  Nothing like sitting around for half an hour waiting for the Captain (or Mother-in-Law) to call to remind us to wash our hands and not to sit on the balcony rail.

Then we can go for a PROMENADE around our estate while we work up an appetite for a superb meal. 

Hopefully the meal will be in the Main Dining Room.  I have been told that Beans on Toast is the Chef's Special today, followed by fruit and ice cream.

Then we can watch a really good show this evening, probably on ITV3 - a Miss Marple or a Poirot.

I will of course be expecting a chocolate on the pillow at turn down, FOR EXERCISE, FOR EXERCISE!

Looking forward to our next cruise.  We are waving to Ventura, but as we are nowhere near Weymouth, could one of you kind people give an extra wave on our behalf please.

Keep well, keep smiling, and keep planning your next cruises.

Enjoy your embarkation day. 

Just a tip, if you put your fruit and ice cream in a tall glass and stick a wafer in the top, you have a P&O sundae.. 

And don't forget the pointy toilet roll... 

Can you do us a virtual blog each day so we can all imagine what we are missing... 

Andy 

Edited by AndyMichelle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Suppose the one thing you don't have to worry about is unpacking ……. every cloud …

PS Weather colder and wet now. Went for a walk around the park again yesterday and got soaked. Having said that we actually enjoyed it. The highlight of today is tweaking the ASDS order for tomorrow ………...

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, wowzz said:

I'm sure you are being deliberately disingenuous by spelling his name wrong, so I am not going to rise to the bait.

What's one little letter i between friends. Oops, just noticed I missed the H at the end as well.😁

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, happy v said:

OK good news here. We are having a party.

Apparently next Friday is VE day. So our village community team is asking everyone to have a picnic in their front garden. Dressed in red white and blue with bunting if possible. I hope the weather is fine.

ive just seen this on fade cloth from someone I went to school with. Wonder if it’s the same village 

also unless it’s extended then we would all be let lose on that Friday 

9 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

ive just seen this on fade cloth from someone I went to school with. Wonder if it’s the same village 

also unless it’s extended then we would all be let lose on that Friday 

It's County Durham. It may be catching though as after I told my daughter, 10 minutes later they were having one too. I think if too many are arranged they might be cancelled. I will await further developments.

12 minutes ago, happy v said:

It's County Durham. It may be catching though as after I told my daughter, 10 minutes later they were having one too. I think if too many are arranged they might be cancelled. I will await further developments.

no my comp mates are in South Yorkshire. 
it must be becoming a “thing”

• Like 1

I think I will buy/make bunting anyway, and decorate the garden. It will give me something to do and cheer the place up.

Also we have a 'tree'. At Christmas we all hang a bauble. Some put hearts on for Valentines. It had Easter eggs a few weeks ago and then rainbows for NHS. So I will have to do something for that. Can you tell I'm bored?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Can you do us a virtual blog each day so we can all imagine what we are missing... 

Andy 

I was thinking about posting a fantasy blog for our cancelled July cruise so now that I know that at least one person is interested I'll go ahead (all things being well).

We've plenty of old photos and quite a lot of souvenirs (menus etc.) to look back on so I have a few ideas already.

Any suggestions will be considered!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I think we're all looking for a reason to let loose for a while, and celebrating VE day is the perfect time. 

Avril 

It wouldn’t surprise me, Avril, if VE Day were used as some sort of lockdown release day in some shape or form.

Almost certainly a bad idea from the medical standpoint but politically a masterstroke.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

It wouldn’t surprise me, Avril, if VE Day were used as some sort of lockdown release day in some shape or form.

Almost certainly a bad idea from the medical standpoint but politically a masterstroke.

I'm looking forward to celebrating another VE day.

Virus

Elimination 

Day.

Avril 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, DamianG said:

I was thinking about posting a fantasy blog for our cancelled July cruise so now that I know that at least one person is interested I'll go ahead (all things being well).

We've plenty of old photos and quite a lot of souvenirs (menus etc.) to look back on so I have a few ideas already.

Any suggestions will be considered!

Excellent Damian, I look forward to reading it... 

I was going to do one for our Britannia one last week as we had it pretty well planned out but didn't get round to it. 

Andy 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Excellent Damian, I look forward to reading it... 

I was going to do one for our Britannia one last week as we had it pretty well planned out but didn't get round to it. 

Andy 

I could have shown you my itinerary!!!

i was thinking of doing virtual/blog cruise or whatever so that my itineraries wasted but I had a bit of a tantrum last week and recycled them in protest

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I hope it made you feel better. It always works for me 😉. You're never too old to have a good old tantrum. Why should two year olds have all the fun? 😀

Avril 

it’s more of a moody teenage strop nowadays. 
yes definitely felt better. Sometimes wish I had a few extra plates to smash. Think that would be therapeutic. 

hope your all keeping well

im finally working from home now

so if anyone hears “mum come wipe my bum” really loud it’s probably me. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

it’s more of a moody teenage strop nowadays. 
yes definitely felt better. Sometimes wish I had a few extra plates to smash. Think that would be therapeutic. 

hope your all keeping well

You finally get to work from home just as everyone else is planning to go back... 

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

If you are old enough to work then you are old enough to wipe your own .

Leave your mum alone poor woman .:classic_wacko::classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

When I used to get really stressed out at work after a day of "customers" I used to say ' right I'm going to go home now and kick the flaming cat'  We didn't have one, but for some reason it always helped. Maybe I'm just odd😉

Avril 

FANTASY IBERIA CRUISE DAY 1

A quiet start to our cruise. We slept well and you could hardly tell we were moving.These ships are so smooth.

A leisurely start this morning. We went to the MDR and I ordered the P&O breakfast but all I got was a Weetabix!

It is St Peter Port today but the Captain has announced that it is too rough for the tenders so we must wait. No change there as in six attempts we have never got off there for real. Had a walk around and there is a large queue at the Future Cruise desk. I do not know if they are booking cruises or trying to get help with their refunds. Oh well the bar is open so a pre lunch drink is called for.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1