P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

12 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Bit stressed at the mo.It's a constant high 30s low 40s in Calabria now.Helicopters and planes scooping water just off the beach for small wildfires in the mountains are common this time of year but there has been a serious fire now for a few days.We are quite a way from this but our Italian neighbour at the end of our complex is bombarding me with emails about the Russians garden inbetween us which has grown into a tinderbox jungle cos they haven't been there for 18 months due to covid.I'm now conducting negotiations between Moscow,our gardener and the irate neighbour,I feel like bloody Henry Kissinger.On top of this my BIL has got his completion date for his move from Canvey to Upminster on the 20th.We have POA  due to his onset of dementure.We're dumping all his goods and chatels and taking him and the immediate family to Portsmouth on the 21st for my OH's belated birthday .When all this is over we can finally drive to Italy for 3 months and chill out as long as our house hasn't burnt down.Cheers,Brian.

That's awful Brian. How scary for all concerned. I hope everyone keeps safe from the fires. You sound as though you've got a lot on your plate at the mo so good luck with everything and look forward to your 3 months in Italy. Best wishes. Jane.x 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

Well it's finally here. One more sleep and we're on our way. I have booked a taxi to take us to Southampton which will arrive at 8.30am and, once poured into said taxi, we're on our way for a week on Virtuosa.  The weather forecast is abysmal, which I'm very disappointed about, so I hope Virtuosa has enough to keep a 15 and a 12 year-old occupied and entertained.  I think the reality of being in sole charge of those two is just setting in. Am I mad or what? No chance of quiet days on the (very wet) balcony for me! 

I will be celebrating my birthday on Sunday. I will be an official Senior Citizen, with a pension, on 8th August and I'm sitting here scratching my head and wondering where all those years went. Surely I'm only 36 not 66!

I'm very much looking forward to seeing Iona tomorrow too. I know some of you are on her, or travelling down to see her, so give us a wave won't you.

Today, I 'm dropping Teddy off to his carer for the week (I'll miss him terribly), then we're going on to my surgery for the girls to get their lateral flow tests done ( please God negative), then last minute shopping (umbrellas and raincoats if today is anything to go by - it's chucking it down here), and finally out to dinner with my daughter, son-in-law, and the girls.

Sorry this is all about me me me. I hope you are all keeping safe and well. Look after yourselves and stay safe. Best wishes to all. Jane.xxxx

Oh, the excitement of last minute preparations for a cruise. I've missed that. It's good to hear you focusing on you, you, you for a change Jane, it's about time,  long overdue and well deserved.

Wishing you a very happy birthday for Sunday Jane and have a lovely cruise. 

Avril xx

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Have a great and well deserved cruise Jane.  Oh and have a happy birthday too!

Thanks very nuch SoA. I'm really looking forward to it - despite the weather! Take care and best wishes. Jane.x 

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh, the excitement of last minute preparations for a cruise. I've missed that. It's good to hear you focusing on you, you, you for a change Jane, it's about time,  long overdue and well deserved.

Wishing you a very happy birthday for Sunday Jane and have a lovely cruise. 

Avril xx

Thank you for your lovely kind words Avril. Like you, I love the last minute 'stuff'.  I always buy a new make-up bag for a cruise. Why? I couldn't tell you but it's  tradition now so that's my purchase for today. I certainly won't need suncream! Thanks again Avril. Best wishes as always. Jane.xxx 

• Like 1

Have a great time on your cruise, Jane. You certainly deserve it after all the help and work you have given to others during the last few months, it's time for you to relax and look after yourself. I am sure the girls will behave and Happy Birthday for Sunday. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

Well it's finally here. One more sleep and we're on our way. I have booked a taxi to take us to Southampton which will arrive at 8.30am and, once poured into said taxi, we're on our way for a week on Virtuosa.  The weather forecast is abysmal, which I'm very disappointed about, so I hope Virtuosa has enough to keep a 15 and a 12 year-old occupied and entertained.  I think the reality of being in sole charge of those two is just setting in. Am I mad or what? No chance of quiet days on the (very wet) balcony for me! 

I will be celebrating my birthday on Sunday. I will be an official Senior Citizen, with a pension, on 8th August and I'm sitting here scratching my head and wondering where all those years went. Surely I'm only 36 not 66!

I'm very much looking forward to seeing Iona tomorrow too. I know some of you are on her, or travelling down to see her, so give us a wave won't you.

Today, I 'm dropping Teddy off to his carer for the week (I'll miss him terribly), then we're going on to my surgery for the girls to get their lateral flow tests done ( please God negative), then last minute shopping (umbrellas and raincoats if today is anything to go by - it's chucking it down here), and finally out to dinner with my daughter, son-in-law, and the girls.

Sorry this is all about me me me. I hope you are all keeping safe and well. Look after yourselves and stay safe. Best wishes to all. Jane.xxxx

Happy birthday on Sunday Jane.

I hope you all have a fantastic cruise on Virtuosa you certainly deserve it.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Have a good time Jane,my OH is 66 on Monday.Give us the lowdown on MSC,we were due to cruise the same ship from Barcelona in Oct but decided to cancel due to possible restrictions and we will probably be in Italy then anyway.Cheers,Brian.

Sending your OH Happy Birthday wishes for Monday Brian.

Hope you both  have a nice day.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

Have a great time I’m sure there’s more than enough for your girls onboard virtuosa and have a lovely birthday too.👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

Happy birthday for Sunday, you are sharing with my husband.  Enjoy your holiday, you deserve it.  I am sure the girls will love it and find plenty to do.

4 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

I hope you all have a wonderful cruise. I love MSC ships, they are very “blingy”(is that a word?), I am sure you will have a great time

Michelle

Well I am very excited at the moment. I am at Barony Castle in Peebles for a wedding at 1pm today.
We arrived yesterday, it’s so nice to be away and the setting for the wedding is fab!!

Just having a coffee then going to get ready and get dressed up for a change. I am so looking forward to today, this is the third rebooking for the wedding what with Covid. 

Have a lovely day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 6

Enjoy your cruise Jane, we enjoy MSC cruises and Virtuosa looks great.

We are getting the cruise excitement, we have been allocated our cabin for our 28th August, Iona, cruise to the sunshine ! Balcony, deck 14, near the back. Cabins above and below so happy with the position. The ship looks stunning so looking forward to our cruise, and another on the 11th September !

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Well I am very excited at the moment. I am at Barony Castle in Peebles for a wedding at 1pm today.
We arrived yesterday, it’s so nice to be away and the setting for the wedding is fab!!

Just having a coffee then going to get ready and get dressed up for a change. I am so looking forward to today, this is the third rebooking for the wedding what with Covid. 

Michelle

That all sounds wonderful

Have a great time.  🤞for ☀️ 

2 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

2 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Thank you, fingers crossed for the weather 

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Have a lovely day and hope the weather behaves!

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Hope you have a wonderful time Michelle and the couple have a fabulous wedding day.

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

If you get time then wander across to see Mappa Scotland. Pretty impressive bit of concrete work. ( it’s only about 5 mins from the hotel)

Edited by Ranchi
Typo