Speculative Changes to Spirit Class Ships

bstel

So looking at the changes they made to the Victory, as it becomes the Radiance, it seems that they have added 66 rooms to the ship at the expense of common area, primarily the Aft portion of Deck 5 (Adriatic Lounge, Black Seas Lounge, and Irish Sea Piano Bar).  Now this seems like the trend overall in CCL remaking ships and renaming them.  

So since the Spirit class are my favorite ships, does anyone think they will try the same thing?  Looking at the deck layouts I dont see anywhere obvious that they could add rooms, but just wanted to get some thoughts.  or do you think they will end up getting rid of these ships in the mid-future?

i know it pure speculation, but better to think about things like this than more COVID-19

7 minutes ago, bstel said:

So looking at the changes they made to the Victory, as it becomes the Radiance, it seems that they have added 66 rooms to the ship at the expense of common area, primarily the Aft portion of Deck 5 (Adriatic Lounge, Black Seas Lounge, and Irish Sea Piano Bar).  Now this seems like the trend overall in CCL remaking ships and renaming them.  

So since the Spirit class are my favorite ships, does anyone think they will try the same thing?  Looking at the deck layouts I dont see anywhere obvious that they could add rooms, but just wanted to get some thoughts.  or do you think they will end up getting rid of these ships in the mid-future?

i know it pure speculation, but better to think about things like this than more COVID-19

There no plans to do this to Spirit class ships.  

Did the same thing to the Elation.  Took one of the smallest ships and added 30ish rooms while removing the comedy club.  More people and less space is there theme at the moment.  The Spirit class have the most square footage per passenger and imagine they will find a way to add more rooms in due time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

There no plans to do this to Spirit class ships.  

never say never. it is possible and carnival will do it. it is just a question of when and if carnival will spend the money

since they are converting comedy lounges into cabins on other ships, they can do the same thing on the Spirit class ships. i wont be surprised to see them convert the deck 1 comedy club into cabins

• Like 1

Having just gotten off the Sunrise, I would say no one would ever think twice about the common area change except for those harping on the "way it used to always be". I've been on quite a few Carnival ships, and the seating off the sides on the promenade are largely unused. It is also largely useless to have multiple, smaller lounges when a larger Red Frog does all of the same things, but better.

Purely guessing on my part, I would assume the Spirit class will get a makeover that has some similarity. The Triumph class was older than them and they refurbed them to use in the long-term. The Spirit class isn't that old, so I don't see them retiring them anytime soon, unless the smaller capacity is a problem for their future model.

1 hour ago, boomhower said:

Did the same thing to the Elation.  Took one of the smallest ships and added 30ish rooms while removing the comedy club.  More people and less space is there theme at the moment.  The Spirit class have the most square footage per passenger and imagine they will find a way to add more rooms in due time. 

They did not remove the comedy club on the Elation. The Cole Porter aft lounge is still there. The 30+ cabins that were added were on the new Grand Deck 14 all the way forward. Same  deal with the Paradise. 

16 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

They did not remove the comedy club on the Elation. The Cole Porter aft lounge is still there. The 30+ cabins that were added were on the new Grand Deck 14 all the way forward. Same  deal with the Paradise. 

that was the previous dry dock from a few years ago or so. Once cruising resumes, the Elation will be coming out of drydock again with these deck plans that i recently found online. The Elation was in drydock from around March 2 to the 20
image.thumb.png.85cd58d3aaa801f6776d2069d91b60ee.png

31 minutes ago, shof515 said:

that was the previous dry dock from a few years ago or so. Once cruising resumes, the Elation will be coming out of drydock again with these deck plans that i recently found online. The Elation was in drydock from around March 2 to the 20
image.thumb.png.85cd58d3aaa801f6776d2069d91b60ee.png

I did not know about this so thanks for the new deck plan. Looks like they did away with the Jekyll and Hyde dance  club and changed it to the Limelight lounge.

At this point in time I would go on a ship that had standing room only. Maybe they will maybe they won’t. If you don’t like it there are other ships and cruiselines. If you like carnival you will be back like most of us!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

3 hours ago, shof515 said:

never say never. it is possible and carnival will do it. it is just a question of when and if carnival will spend the money

since they are converting comedy lounges into cabins on other ships, they can do the same thing on the Spirit class ships. i wont be surprised to see them convert the deck 1 comedy club into cabins

True, just said there are no plans now.  

20 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

I do now. I was thinking when Micky was speaking with donald he put donald on hold to take your call and Micky told you he had no plans to make design changes to his Spirit Class ships.

Had to cancel my plans to be with Mickey due to the virus.....

18 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

No this is what you said: "There no plans to do this to Spirit class ships."

How would I know if they change their mind in the future? They do not even know that....

11 hours ago, bstel said:

It's doubtful because they are the only ones that can transit the Panama Canal.

3 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

It's doubtful because they are the only ones that can transit the Panama Canal.

2 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Conquest Class and Fantasy Class ships transit the canal.

for now, only a matter of time before they shove a Mardi Gras through the new locks and call it the same.