Shame on NCL!

cloudyda

NCL forced passengers on the Norwegian Jewel to either take the cruise or get no money back.  Now the ship is wandering around the Pacific looking for a port that will take them in.  By not giving full refunds, they are putting their passengers at severe risk of contracting the coronavirus, not to mention the crews of their ships.  They should not be able to get away with this.  Threatening the lives of their crew and passengers is heartless and unethical.  When this is over, I will never take a NCL cruise again.  

• Like 3

They are not wandering around the Pacific looking for a port.  They are sitting in Honolulu and getting off today to fly back home.  They were scheduled to be off on Friday so its three extra days on board.  

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/03/22/breaking-news/norwegian-jewel-passengers-to-disembark-at-honolulu-harbor-despite-state-wide-pause-in-cruise-ship-activity/

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JAFA13 said:

I have a friend currently onboard who posted on FB they are getting 100% refunds or 150% FCC. 

Wait, I thought NCL was heartless and unethical for trapping people on board and not giving them a refund?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cloudyda said:

NCL forced passengers on the Norwegian Jewel to either take the cruise or get no money back.  Now the ship is wandering around the Pacific looking for a port that will take them in.  By not giving full refunds, they are putting their passengers at severe risk of contracting the coronavirus, not to mention the crews of their ships.  They should not be able to get away with this.  Threatening the lives of their crew and passengers is heartless and unethical.  When this is over, I will never take a NCL cruise again.  

That ship has been at sea for more than 14 days. Unless there are cases on board right now there won't be any cases there and that is one of the safest places in the world right now.

Edited by zqvol
  • Like 2

NCL FORCED  passengers on the Norwegian Jewel?   Did NCL line them all up at the pier and say GET ON THE SHIP OR ELSE!?!  They chose to go on the cruise.  Yes, it's disappointing, and it does not seem fair  to have spent money, and not be able to go on a planned vacation.  The passengers knew there was a virus.  They knew there  was a warning not to cruise.    They chose to go on the cruise.  Sometimes you have to put your well being, and that of your family first.   Money can be replaced.  Maybe if people had heed all the warnings, this virus wouldn't be as bad as it is now.  

• Like 1

That Jewel cruise began on Feb 28th in Sydney, over a week & almost 2 weeks before NCL implemented the POM policy, then cancelled the March 10-April11 cruises. They (Jewel) were already at sea when the latter happened, and spent the next 2 weeks searching a port that would take them in. Instead, they managed to get in at Pago Pago, American Samoa for refuel - the passengers weren't allowed off the ship.

The Jewel has been a perfect bio-sphere until today now that the passengers will be disembarking in Honolulu to meet the charter flights (arranged by NCL) off the island to 5 places.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

That Jewel cruise began on Feb 28th in Sydney, over a week & almost 2 weeks before NCL implemented the POM policy, then cancelled the March 10-April11 cruises. They (Jewel) were already at sea when the latter happened, and spent the next 2 weeks searching a port that would take them in. Instead, they managed to get in at Pago Pago, American Samoa for refuel - the passengers weren't allowed off the ship.

The Jewel has been a perfect bio-sphere until today now that the passengers will be disembarking in Honolulu to meet the charter flights (arranged by NCL) off the island to 5 places.

Didn't know the ship sailed on 2/28 well before any cruise line was offering refunds.  I could see the OPs point if they sailed right before POM and wasn't included but that is not the case.  There are 30 ships right now that are still having trouble finding a place to port.  Does anyone have a list so the OP can make sure they don't sail on those cruise lines either.  

See my previous post.

Suggest you research/read on CC before you post.

I suppose you have already cancelled your May 3 Epic cruise and will now be waiting more than 3 months for your cash refund, now that you won't sail with NCL.

P.S. The Jewel pax are getting 100% refund (cash) - they spent just over 3 weeks cruising on a ship for free - in great weather and service. You should check out the Jewel Feb 28 roll call thread. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

Didn't know the ship sailed on 2/28 well before any cruise line was offering refunds.  I could see the OPs point if they sailed right before POM and wasn't included but that is not the case.  There are 30 ships right now that are still having trouble finding a place to port.  Does anyone have a list so the OP can make sure they don't sail on those cruise lines either.  

Do these 30 ships have passengers?

As for NCL, almost zero; the Spirit finally off-loaded the pax in Cape Town - yesterday. The Jewel will do the same today in Honolulu.

2 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Do these 30 ships have passengers?

As for NCL, almost zero; the Spirit finally off-loaded the pax in Cape Town - yesterday. The Jewel will do the same today in Honolulu.

This was from two days ago so the number may be less now.

https://www.kcra.com/article/at-least-30-cruise-ships-are-at-sea-right-now/31839911