Question about booking back to back.

Royaltmom

This is my first time trying to book back to back cruises. I am not having any luck booking the same room for both cruises. Is this going to be a problem? Will we have to pack up and take our luggage off the ship and then back on again?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Not a problem. You do need to pack your bags, but the room steward will get them moved to your new room. They will not be taken off the ship. Just let your room steward knew early on.

Edited by crooooze

25 minutes ago, Royaltmom said:

This is my first time trying to book back to back cruises. I am not having any luck booking the same room for both cruises. Is this going to be a problem? Will we have to pack up and take our luggage off the ship and then back on again?

I've done several b2bs.

I asked the steward last time because the time before I got no help and was with a disabled sister.

Not to be found, no cart I could have. Moved myself again in a couple of trips.

The only thing tricky is since I moved my stuff before I went thru the paperwork of getting on and off, I put it into a cabin I didnt have the key for and just told the new steward. Of course I had to clear the old room.

I keep reading how the steward will help and I would have tipped, but so far I have not once had help moving. Maybe if you book suites, but not for cheap cabins so far. 

Luckily everyone else was off before they process those doing b2b. One time I didnt have to get off, we met in the lobby at a certain time, issued new cards, then allowed to go

The other time I had to physically go into the port bldg to get new cards along with the others doing b2b, including guests of crew members.

The other times was another cruise line

Edited by firefly333

We did our first b2b in  January, a 4 day then 3 day on Liberty because our friend couldn't make the first leg but wanted to go. Everything worked great for us. We had an ov on deck 2 and moved to an ov on deck 1. We did get a letter with some instructions on where to meet, and tell your room steward and they will move your luggage. So the last morning of leg 1 I told our steward, he looked a bit confused, but finally got it and said he would take care of it. I gave him the new room number and also put a note on my luggage. We went to breakfast on lido, went back to our old room for a few minutes, then went to our meeting place in the lobby on deck 3. Someone from guest services came over to check us in, eventually there were 7 of us waiting for the ship to be cleared. Enjoyed watching all the self assist passengers getting off, beats me how they can have so much luggage for 4 days! Finally got the ship cleared then the guest services director Kris came to get us. We walked off the ship just into the customs area where the customs agent checked our papers and went straight back on board. Oh, forgot they gave us our new cards before we left ship. When we got back into the lobby, they directed us to the bar for some champagne then got a group picture of us all. We finished up the champagne and went on down to our new room where our luggage was waiting! All went very smooth. Enjoyed being on board before very many passengers were too. It was very quiet! Hope to do another one someday. Will try to better plan so we could keep the same room.

2 hours ago, Royaltmom said:

If you are trying to do this online don't.  I recommend either calling Carnival's reservation reps or enlist a travel agent and let them do the work

44 minutes ago, Eliot Ness said:

On both of the B2B's we've done I had our PVP look for a cabin that was available on both cruises.  I'd hate to have to completely pack between each cruise, although if you knew that was happening you could prepare for it.

I agree with this approach. Our PVP can tell us within minutes which cabins are available on both (or more) of the cruises. She has done this for us many times. We can quickly look at the best options and tell her to book it right then and there on the same phone call. Your selection will be greater if you are willing to book 6 months to a year ahead. Also, make sure you have your hundred shares of Carnival's stock since you can get $250 OBC for doing 2 7 day cruises B2B. If you are thinking about stock, do it now, the price is right!

We have done a b2b both ways, having different cabins and keeping the same cabin. Prefer keeping the same room but switching wasn’t horrible. Packed up all our stuff and the cabin steward moved it to the new cabin for us. We started out in an interior and went to a balcony.  When staying in same cabin, everything stays as is, you leave for the debarkation as a group with all b2b people and enter back in together after going through customs.