Crocs Question

Patgo

I'm so glad you were able to catch them - I've been working till late tonight and didn't get a chance to get back to the board.

You are absolutely going to love them! It's cold here and I'm still wearing mine all around the house - I love them! They are the most comfortable flip flops I have ever had.

Let me know when they come how they fit, okay?

Kit

I finally tried some on last night, a neighbor has a pair for yardwork and I thought they'd be great for around the house. I have a size 10, wide foot and the size 10's were huge on me, width wise, but the length was right. I decided against them because, unlike what others say, I found the nubbies to be very irritating. But, I have been known to remove tags sewn into the footbed of shoes, I like smooth.

Happy KS:

You made me laugh! All I could think of was hundreds of little tags popping up on the bottom of your feet and sitting there with a scissors!

I wasn't too sure about the little nubbies either - and I thought they looked really odd - now I just wander into the tanning bed and think about my cruise! Can't wait.

Do you have regular clogs - the kind with the smooth wood soles? Those might work for around the house - I have some of those from Sweden and just love them too.

Kit

Bonnie - let us know how they work if you get them. I will say because of how they are made (the very very soft rubber), I was able to wear mine right away and didn't have any chafing between my toes - no discomfort at all. They are really really soft. I sure hope they work for you because you will just love them if they do!

I have an old pair of Birks by the front door.

I get the tags out with seam rippers, one thread at a time, Ahhhh!

I cut the tags out of my shirts, too! Off topic, Caslon makes nice t-shirts, the tag info is printed on the inside of the shirt shirt, no tag at all! I wish more manufacturers would do that.

I too have to remove all tags! Why is it that someone thought it was a good idea to take a soft as heaven, cashmere sweater and then sew the tag in with fishing wire? :rolleyes: I can't stand tags!!! Even worse is that darned seam along the tops of the toes of most socks!!!! AAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!! I hate sock seams! Drives my toes crazy! I suppose that is why I have a hard time with thong sandals? I don't want to feel anything around my toes! No sock seams nor big hunks of rubber between my toes! :p I do think that if I like my Crocs Niles (once they arrive) I might give the flip-flops (Athens) a chance. I am assuming that the piece of the flip-flop that goes between your toes on the Crocs Athens is made out of the same soft, foamy stuff as the rest of the shoe? I can't wait for my Niles to arrive!!!! I hope I like them. Croc envy has taken over my life! :o

Our Wal Mart carries the knock-off Crocs (like the "beach" style) for $8.95 so I tried on a pair - UGH!:eek: They are awful. They are not nice and soft like the real Crocs are but a hard plastic. The piece that goes back behind your foot or forward over the front is permanent on the front so they are like slides with no back. The nubs on the bottom are not comfortable at all. I went home and put my Crocs (beach style) on and they were so soft compared to the Wal Mart shoe. Just thought I'd share this info.

VuittonMom - I will let you know how the flip flops are - I'm so anxious to get them. I really think they will fit fine. :D

Bonnie - I will be anxious to see how your Niles fit. Be sure to let us know.

TG23

Have you checked out your local Hallmark stores? I know that several in our area carry Crocs..it's great not having to order on-line! I'm going to get a pair in time for our cruise...I saw the knock-offs at Wal-mart too. There really isn't any comparison, is there?

Hi

Everyone seems to really love the crocs.

I'm thinking of ordering a pair for my upcoming cruise on Mariner of the Seas. With all the snow here (NJ) today, I've been surfing the internet more than usual.

The Cayman style looks pretty cute (ugly cute but I guess that's the appeal). :)

Here's my question - I like the sage color. However, it's not like I own lots of sage clothes. Would it be really weird for me to wear these cutely ugly sage crocs with a different color outfit?

I'm not very good at mix and match - I buy my clothes based on what's put together on the manneqin in the store or things that come together in sets. The only thing I've been matching on my own is black pants, capris, or shorts since they can pretty much go with any color top.

I called a few of the local stores (yesterday before the snow started) hoping to try the crocs on in person but none of the stores carry them. I'm going to order them on the crocs website. Have you found the return policy OK if they don't fit or I end up not liking them in person? How long did it take for them to arrive once you ordered them online?

Thank you in advance

Noreen

My pink Niles just arrived! They look okay so far. They are sort of cute (in a clunky sort of way). The size seems right for my narrow foot (I am a 9 1/2 narrow so I ordered size 9). Right now the only problem is the shoes have been sitting out in my mailbox all day (we just had that huge snowstorm) so the shoes are very cold.....and very hard! Not soft and spongy like I was expecting. I just popped them in the dryer to warm them up and ran to the computer to let you know the shoes were here! Now I am going to go get them out of the dryer and try them on again. I assume they will be softer when they warm up! I will let you know soon! I am optimistic though as they didn't feel too bad even when they were cold and hard!

They are warm and they are soft and spongy! The strap is currently too loose, but maybe it will contract as they cool off. The shoe itself is still pretty wide, but as long as they don't fall off my feet, I guess I will be fine. I'm going to wear them around the house for a bit and wait for the love affair to begin ;) I wonder if there is any way to tighten the strap? As I'm sitting here it is falling off my foot :( (the strap, not the shoe). Well, I will keep you posted as the day progresses, but I think it's going to work out. If I have to, I will just remove the straps. Has anyone removed their straps? Will it ruin the shoe if I remove the strap, or does it just pop off? Thanks!

...Oops, I just answered my own question. I just accidentally popped the strap off of one shoe. It actually comes off very easily and can be popped back on just as quick. So, now I am trying to shrink the straps! I just stuck them in the freezer and I hope they contract! The sandal is great if I can make the strap shorter! If I can't shorten the strap I will just go strapless! :eek:

Bonnie, I'm glad you got your Niles and they fit.:) I got my flip flops today and I am so glad I changed them to an 8. (Thanks VuittonMom). :p They fit perfectly.:D I have had them on ever since I got home from work and I love them. Also, the part between the toes is not at all uncomfortable. These will eliminate several pairs of sandals I was going to take so now I have more room to take something else - LOL. :D I can tell that I will wear these for most of the cruise. I got the white and turquoise. Also, got speedy service. I ordered them from Nordstrom's last Thursday and got them today (Monday). TG23

I just ordered another pair of Crocs :o ! I ordered lime green Cayman's. Now that I have learned (through all these threads) that the shoes are supposed to fit loosely, I decided to go ahead and try the Cayman's again. They were the first style I tried on but the 10's were huge and the 9's were too short. Well, I went ahead and ordered the 10's and will wear them for awhile in my house to give them a fair chance to mold to my feet. This size thing does drive me crazy though! I'm now having afterthoughts that I should have bought them in a 9 (I wear 9 1/2 narrow in most shoes). but I don't want my toes smooshed up against the tip of the shoe. I must have read a million reviews about sizing for the Cayman's and 1/2 the people say you should size down and 1/2 the people say you should size up! Oh dear! Here I go again! :o

Hi

Everyone seems to really love the crocs.

I'm thinking of ordering a pair for my upcoming cruise on Mariner of the Seas. With all the snow here (NJ) today, I've been surfing the internet more than usual.

The Cayman style looks pretty cute (ugly cute but I guess that's the appeal). :)

Here's my question - I like the sage color. However, it's not like I own lots of sage clothes. Would it be really weird for me to wear these cutely ugly sage crocs with a different color outfit?

I'm not very good at mix and match - I buy my clothes based on what's put together on the manneqin in the store or things that come together in sets. The only thing I've been matching on my own is black pants, capris, or shorts since they can pretty much go with any color top.

I called a few of the local stores (yesterday before the snow started) hoping to try the crocs on in person but none of the stores carry them. I'm going to order them on the crocs website. Have you found the return policy OK if they don't fit or I end up not liking them in person? How long did it take for them to arrive once you ordered them online?

Thank you in advance

Noreen

I have the salmon caymans and not everything I wear matches the salmon color but in a funny way it doesn't seem to matter because of the ugly cute factor of the shoe. I have started noticing others around our town who have crocs and have seen different colors of the rainbow on the gals, guys tend to stick with the dark colors, whats funny is how they are worn even in the winter, went to the movies Saturday afternoon and saw several people wearing their crocs with socks and yes that includes me, just to comfy not to wear them and they put me in a happy mood for some reason, I call them my happy shoes. Enjoy! :)

Hi

I just ordered the Sage colored Cayman's through the crocs website.

I was in Nordstrom last night and they carry the Cayman style in various colors (unfortunately not Sage or I would have just bought them then. I tried them on to check the size - good thing. I wear and 8 or 8 1/2 depending on the shoe so was planning to order the 8. I tried it on and my toes were touching the front of the shoe (not very comfortable). I tried the 9 on - it was kind of big, but felt better than the 8.

I would have ordered from the Nordstrom website, but they didn't have the Sage color on line.

I ordered the 9 and the crocs website said they should arrive in about 3-5 days.

I'm hoping I love them as much as everyone else seems to.

Thank you for all the advice on the crocs

Noreen

OK, you've finally convinced me...it's been quite a decision since I have a bone spur in my ankle that requires a good arch. I ordered the black/red Athens from Extremefootwear in a size 10 - my regular size. Keeping my fingers crossed - never bought a product with such size discrepancies... will let you know. The wait begins :)

I just received my Niles from Nordstroms...I ordered a size six I wish it was just a bit longer not much mind you, I've tried size 7 and it is like over an inch past my big toe and just feels a bit too big, but since the crocs conform to my foot after wearing for awhile they will work just fine. I am looking forward to wearing them for our Poland trip this summer.

Here is some information on how CROCS should fit.....

THE PERFECT CROCS™ FIT.

Crocs™ should not fit like other shoes:

They should fit very loosely.

The sides of your foot should not really touch the sides of the shoe.

Your toes should never make contact with the front of the shoe.

Once you have centered your foot on the foot-bed:

You should have about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch of space in front of your toes, behind your heel and when you lift the strap you should be able to comfortably get your finger between the strap and heel.

In other words the fit should be “loose”.

I know that this goes against everything that you have ever been used to in a shoe, but these are the parameters that the shoe was designed to be worn under.

To insure that the strap is not pulling your foot into the front of the shoe, rotate the strap forward and determine if your foot rests comfortably in the foot bed and there is room all around your foot. If so, you have the proper size but the strap is too short. To alleviate this issue, work your fingers around the strap and stretch it as you go around being careful not to put excessive pressure on the rivet hole. Stretch the strap until it is just short of the back edge of the shoe. The resin material has memory and will stay at the proper length after one or two of these types of adjustments.

Lynn

I ended up returning my pink Niles :(. The straps were just waaaaayyyyy toooooooo looooooooooong and became very annoying. I didn't like the look without the straps because you had the big black buttons still on the side of the pink shoes where the straps were supposed to be attached. I think it was just a flaw with this particular pair though (the straps seemed like they were for about a size 11 shoe, not a 9). The strap was about an inch longer than the shoe! The strap would actually fall down and touch the ground behind the heel of the sandal! I tried to just exchange them for another pair of pink Niles, but unfortunately they were out of pink in my size. So, I am getting a pair of black ones instead. They won't be as "fun" as the pink, but I will be able to wear them with anything. Well, now I am waiting for my lime green Cayman's AND my black Niles! I am thinking of trying some flip-flops (Athens) now too. I will order them in a fun color to make up for my pink Niles! ;) Oh dear! I am becoming a Crocs addict and I don't even have one pair in my possession!!! :eek:

Can someone tell me what the difference is in the Beach and the Cayman? I looked at them on that extreme footwear website, and they look exactly alike.......?

Libby, I wondered this as well. The Beach croc comes in sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL and a looser fit. The Cayman is a more fitted croc in actual shoes sizes. HTH

Lisa :)

Archived