Crocs Question

Patgo

I traveled all over town today in search of Crocs that I could try on in person! I didn't have very good luck though. I visited 4 Hallmark stores, but none of them even knew what I was talking about (I've read on several threads that people are finding Crocs at Hallmark stores). I even went to 2 Payless stores to try on the Airwalks and struck out! No airwalks at either store! Geez, are we living in the backwoods here? I live about 30 minutes away from Philadelphia so I would have thought we'd be at least in the top half of the U.S. as far as keeping up with the trends! Oh well! We finally stopped at Dick's Sporting Goods and they had a few (and I do mean a few!) pairs of Crocs Beach style in odd sizes (tiny and HUGE and in dull colors...nothing bright or "girlie"). I was truly hoping to try on some Niles and/or some Caymans! Anyway, my Son (11) was with me in this exhaustive search and while we were in Dick's, he started trying on the Crocs......well, you know what happened.....don't you? My Son wants a pair of Crocs! He wears the same size as I do (except he has a normal width foot where I have a skinny foot) and Dick's had NOTHING to fit either of us. So, I came home and ordered him a pair of Caymans in Black!!!! Geez, now my Son is a Crocaholic! I tried to talk him in to Black Niles (since I already ordered a pair of those to replace my "defective" pink Niles and now I'm feeling "sad" because I really wanted the pink ones, but the site I ordered them from was sold out in my size)....anyway, he said, "yuck"! no Niles for him! He wants the Caymans! So, I've ordered him the Caymans, I'm waiting for my Lime Green Caymans and my black Niles (which I am not very excited about because I really, really, wanted the pink ones).......AND I just ordered myself a pair of PINK NILES from a different website!!!!! YEEHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! So, we went from being Croc Virgins to being Croc Whores (sorry about the vulgarity) in the matter of a few days!!!!! I'm so excited!!!! :D

Hi, Bonnie Voyager,

Gosh, I can relate to your Crocs story!

I started with a simple pair of pink Beach Crocs that I found at Dillards. My mother loved them and wanted a black pair. I raced back to Dillards and luckily got her what she wanted.

This past week I decided I really, really want a pair of Caymans. I ordered Caymans from Zappos.com in Butter and got them yesterday. I love them!

Now I want another color of the Caymans style ... just because. I'm thinking pearl because it's neutral, but part of me wants a really "cute" color like lime green. I'm still deciding.

Anyway, the bottom line is: I'm getting addicted to the light-as-a-feather Crocs. They're FUN!!! I'm just trying to decide why I need so many colors. Again, they're FUN! Sigh!

Lynn

I just ordered ANOTHER pair of Crocs! I ordered the Athens flip-flops this time. I chose pearl/coral (which is an off-white flip-flop with an orange footbed). Okay, the really SICK thing here is I have 5 pairs of Crocs on order but don't have any Crocs actually in my possession!!! :o :o :o

I am sick, sick, SICK!!!! :D Where will it end? Someone STOP ME!!!! ;)

Hi, Bonnie,

Sorry ... I can't stop you. I'm understanding your obsession completely <g>. I really LOVE the two pairs I have. They are SO lightweight and really, really handy for anytime. I'm picturing how perfect they'll be on my cruise. PLUS, I love how you can actually scrub them if needed and they look brand new again. That is the BEST!

I haven't ordered any Niles and am anxious to hear reviews on them. I've only been hesitant because I don't know how they'll fit by my toes. I'm wondering if they "cut" at the front of the foot at all. That's just a thing with me. I tend to have "bad luck" with sandals sometimes.

Lynn

Okay, ladies. There was an ad in our paper yesterday for our Penney's Outlet at Grapevine Mills Mall for "clogs". The picture looked exactly like Crocs so right after church out we went. No, they weren't Crocs but looked exactly like them (except for the little Croc pic) and in the exact same colors. (Beach style). Not only that, they were that soft rubber like Crocs. The best part - they were on sale for $7.99!:D DH got a pair of black ones and I got a pink and a blue pair. Waaay big difference in sizes - they run small. I normally wear an 8-1/2 shoe. I had to get a size 10 to fit like the Crocs. My real Beach Crocs are a size Medium and my Athens are a size 8 which fit perfectly. If you have a Penney's outlet nearby, you may want to check them out. TG23

That is so funny Travelgirl. I do not have a Penny's Outlet, but my sister in Pennsylvania, was at one yesterday. Thank God for cell phones...she did buy me a pair of the light blue ones. Now I am afraid they will be too small..oh well I told her to get me a color she didn't have just incase she gets to keep mine too!! She also took a pic from her phone of a pair of Clarks sandles...they are the only shoes I wear! She bought those for me too!! WooHoo!!

Ollie:)

I got back last night from our Caribbean cruise and I wore my sage Caymans all the time. I usually wear a size 12 slim or narrow, but these shoes stayed on my feet with no problems. They fit very loosely, but they were so comfortable. My fuchsia Niles were too tight to be comfortabe. I don't know how someone with a medium width can wear these shoes. I can't wait to order more colors in the Cayman.

Well I asked the question in the beginning about crocs. I heard so many good things about them but was afraid to order online because of the sizing.

today at lunch I found a store around the corner from my work that had every color under the sun. I bought three pairs of Caymans, pearl, kakhi and

navy. I really want the purple and maybe green but I had to contain myself. I went for one and bought three. I brought them back to work and everyone thinks that they are ugly. I work in the medical profession and wear uniforms so I figure what the heck. I don't care if they are ugly. The strap on the back feels loose (very) I have a wide foot and bought the size 8. I think they fit and I am wearing them right now..Do most wear them with or without socks. I am wearing socks now for I am at work and it is winter here on Cape Cod.

They told me in the store that they can not keep them in stock and received 25 boxes full of Croc's today.

Oh well I guess I have joined the club. Thank you all for your help it took me awhile but I now have Croc's.

Well, Patgo, I guess I have YOU to blame for my Crocs addiction!!!! :mad: I was living a perfectly normal life until this thread came along!!! :( Now I am having dreams about big, ugly shoes invading my life (and my closet)!!! :eek: More, more, I need MORE!!!! MORE CROCS!!!!! :D

Sorry Bonnie,

I did not know what I was getting into either. I kept hearing about them and I have them on right now and they feel like slippers. I want purple.

I think I will try their flip flops. They didn't have any in the store.

You can have worse addictions. HA HA

Sorry Bonnie,

I did not know what I was getting into either. I kept hearing about them and I have them on right now and they feel like slippers. I want purple.

I think I will try their flip flops. They didn't have any in the store.

You can have worse addictions. HA HA

I didn't receive any Crocs in the mail today!!! :mad: I'm sooooooo sad!!! And Patgo has to go and rub it in by saying she's wearing her Crocs right now!! :p Yes, it is true that you can have worse addictions! I know this for a fact because in addition to being a Crocs addict.....I am a CRUISE ADDICT!!!! My husband would be very happy for me to have more Crocs and LESS cruises! It's much easier on the wallet! :o

Just received my black with red inside Athens - they fit! Not sure yet if they really offer more support and comfort than other flip flops but I'm wearing them around the house to try them out. I have a painful ankle due to a bone spur and am really hoping these help...

I have been reading yall responses about Crocs. I am a new Croc!! My niece bought some for my mother in law for Christmas. So I had to have a pair. She told me to wear them with the strap for the first few days while they get broke in, so that is what I did and I love them!! I have arthritis in my feet and I usually wear Clarks. I went on a cruise in Jan and wore these for most of the cruise and they were great! I have the navy, but I ordered the pink and also the green from Zappos. Free shipping and free returns! My first pair I ordered a 7 and a 8. The 7's fit so I sent the 8's back for free!! I slalso bought my college son a pair and he loves his also, wears them to school!

I have been reading yall responses about Crocs. I am a new Croc!! My niece bought some for my mother in law for Christmas. So I had to have a pair. She told me to wear them with the strap for the first few days while they get broke in, so that is what I did and I love them!! I have arthritis in my feet and I usually wear Clarks. I went on a cruise in Jan and wore these for most of the cruise and they were great! I have the navy, but I ordered the pink and also the green from Zappos. Free shipping and free returns! My first pair I ordered a 7 and a 8. The 7's fit so I sent the 8's back for free!! I also bought my college son a pair and he loves his also, wears them to school!

I got the first two pairs of Crocs! My Son is delighted with his black Caymans and I am sitting in my pink Niles right now! The straps on these Niles are much shorter than the ones on my original pair (which is what I was hoping for!) These are going to work out just fine! Now I will wait for my boring black Niles, my FUN green Caymans, and my flirty pearl/orange "flippers" ;) (Athens). I think I will try to just live with what I've got for a while before I order anything else though! :o Now that I've got a pair on my feet, the urge to buy more isn't quite as strong (thank goodness)! My son's Cayman's are the same size as the ones I ordered for myself. I find them to be hard to walk in right now. They flop all around with my narrow foot inside. I think once mine come and I can wear them for a while and "form" the footbed to my own foot I will be fine though. Well, all is right with my world now......I have Crocs! :)

They are definitely smaller than my pink Niles even though they are the same size! I will be able to wear them, but the difference is quite noticeable. Also, the black pair was made in Boulder, Colorado and the pink ones were made in China. I like the pink ones MUCH better! The rivets are different on each pair too. The pink ones have a sturdier feeling rivet than the black ones. The rivet on the pink ones has a rubber "Crocs" emblem glued to it. The black ones have a lightweight plastic rivet with a picture of a crocodile imprinted on it. Not a big difference, but still a difference. The black ones (made in the U.S.A. are a good 1/2 inch shorter than the pink ones). Like I said, they will work out, but I like the pink ones from China MUCH more!

Now, about my LIME GREEN Caymans....they never showed up so I finally contacted the company I ordered them from and found out they are out of stock! Well, gee, you'd think they would have mentioned that to me a week or so ago!!! Anyway, I reordered them from another site only I picked LIME GREEN Beach style in a smaller size. My Son's black Caymans (which are the same size as I had ordered for myself) are definitely too large for me. I found a better deal on the Beach style so I just decided to try them in a smaller size.

So, now I am waiting for my Aspens and my Beaches!!! My Husband is starting to get that Croc "glow" in his eye! :) He has asked a question or two about the shoes! Who knows, maybe he will join the bandwagon too! :eek:

We love our Crocs! I have 2 pair, and even my 1 1/2 year old has a pair. They are super comfy. You are more likely to trip in them so I don't recommend if you're fragile. They are all the rage in Colorado and can find them all over. You won't regret bringing them!

Bonnie, I tune in every night to read the latest in your saga of the Crocs - LOL!! I look forward to each installment never knowing what will happen next. :eek: I got my beach style at Dillards in a medium in the pearl and they fit perfectly. I normally wear an 8-1/2. We leave Sunday for Galveston and the Conquest and I am wearing my Beach Crocs while my Athens flip flops (in pearl and turquoise) are packed away. :D I am anxious to see how many other Crocs I see on the ship. :confused: I will report when I return. In the meantime, I hope your lime green Crocs fit.

TG23

Good morning tg23!!! I wish you a safe and wonderful trip on Conquest! I am green with envy (cruise envy AND Croc envy!) :D I am wearing my black Niles as I type! They are getting better, but I still prefer my pink ones....probably mostly due to pink = CUTE and black = practical!!! But the pink ones really are more comfortable. I will work these black beauties till they feel good though!!! Now, I am a bit worried about my size 8/9 Beaches! I wear a size 9 1/2 normally (very narrow though). My son's size 10 Cayman's are at least an inch too long for me, so if I were ordering Cayman's I would order a 9....which is why I select the 8/9 in the Beach style. I have tried on the 10/11 in the Beach style in the stores and they are WAAAAAYYYY to big for my skinny foot. I've perfected the art of Croc stretching though (the dryer method), so if I need to stretch my Beaches for more length, that's what I will do! I think the Athens size 9 should be okay as it is. Since it is a flip-flop it shouldn't really matter how much too wide it is as long as I don't trip over it too much! (I just realized I inadvertantly said I was waiting for the ASPEN model in my last post, I meant ATHENS! :eek: ) Oh well, I am becoming settled in my black Crocs now. I think they will be fine. All I am hoping for is at least one GOOD pair of Crocs to wear on my Disney vacation in April! I need to be able to walk all day and night and not have sore, tired feet! So far the pink Niles are the front runner! I will keep you posted though! :D

...and picked up a pair of pink Beach style Crocs in size M (women's 8/9). I came home, threw them in the dryer, put on a pair of thick socks, and immediately put on my warm Crocs and now I have a PERFECT FIT!!!! My size 9 1/2 narrow foot fits just right in my stretched size 8/9 Beaches!!! Yee haa!!! They aren't even too terriby wide! I guess when I stretched them longer it took it up from the width? Anyway, they fit! Now I hope I have the same success with my lime green beach style Crocs when they finally arrive!!! I will be overflowing with Crocs soon!!! I now have (in my possession) 1 black Nile, 1 pink Nile, 1 pink Beach. I have on order (and all have been shipped already) 1 lime green Beach and 1 pearl/orange Athens. My Son has 1 black Cayman (which he wears constantly!) and my Husband is considering a pair of Beach style (probably black or maybe navy). So, we went from having never even heard of crocs (just a few short weeks ago I believe) to having a closet that looks like a Croc warehouse!!! :eek: I am one overzealous Crocaholic! Do you want to hear the really sick part? Okay, this is scary and I don't believe I'm about to admit this publicly....."I think Crocs are cute". :o Whew! There! I said it! And I'm not ashamed! I will be the proudest pink-footed Platypus waddling around Disney this April! :D

Hi

My Sage Cayman's arrived on Thursday.

I've tried them on and am trying to get used to them since everyone is raving about them.

I'm planning to pack them for our cruise on Mariner of the Seas.

I really want to start loving them and develop the same addiction you guys all have to them.

Thanks

Noreen

I'm sitting here now in my pink Beach Crocs! My feet feel so comfy! Here's a funny tidbit...my Son (also a newly professed Crocaholic) has had his new Crocs on constantly since he got them earlier this week and today he had to put his basketball shoes on for the first time since he got the Crocs (he plays on his school team). Anyway, he put them on then cried out, "Oh no!!! Mom!!! My basketball shoes are too small!!!!" I was like, "WHAT????? :eek: It can't be true! They were fine last weekend at your last game!!! How can they be too small?" Then it dawned on me when I saw his big, comfy Crocs sitting on the floor next to him!!! :rolleyes: He is now use to his loose, spongy Crocs! His basketball shoes are snug and constricting (which is how they are SUPPOSED to fit!!!). I guess now I am going to have to find him some high-top Crocs to play basketball in!!! :D

...By the way, they lost their game! I'm sure it was because my Son's feet were out of their comfort zone!

I got my crocs in the mail today from ExtremeFootwear!! I had just come home from an ALL DAY conference where I was one of the planners, so I was on my feet all day. I had worn a pair of (formerly!) comfortable Clark's, but my feet were still killing me when I got home. Slipped on my crocs and they feel like HEAVEN!! I have made everyone in my family try them on. DH and DS admitted they felt good, but they would not wear them. Tried to convince DS they are all the rage with kids - evidently not at his school!! DD tried them but hated them - she has a lot of sensory integration issues and she just didn't like the feel at all. Oh well, at least no one will be hijacking my crocs!!

Now I am tempted to order a pair for my sister for her b'day. We had talked about them over Christmas, neither of us having tried them. She is a kindergarten teacher and evidently another teacher at her school wore them and some of the others ridiculed her, so Kelly wouldn't wear them to school!!!!!! But I may order her a pair to wear at home and on weekends!!

Archived