Cruises cancelled..Where are the refunds??

3 hours ago, nu_cruzer1 said:

I cancelled on Mar 11.  Received some shore excursion credits on Mar 19 but still have several excursions still outstanding as well as my taxes, fees and gratuities.  Called today and was told to check back on Apr 1.  Separately, booked for early 2021 on March 23 and 7 deposits were posted to my credit card today.  Perhaps they have the overworked employees working on the refunds and the underworked ones working on the new bookings 🤔?

They always come in separate amounts, even before now....

Edited by ONECRUISER

4 hours ago, mugtech said:

Royal cancelled our 2/24/20 cruise out of Hong Kong on 2/14/20, all the money hit my credit card on 2/19/20.  They are dealing with a few more cancellations right now, expect it will take longer.

Wow.. Royal cancelled our Feb 15 cruise out of Singapore and I have not received anything yet. Royal told our TA that our cruise was not cancelled and it sailed. Now they say it was cancelled so hopefully they have it figured out now

I booked a cruise with a fully refundable deposit through a big box store travel agency.  On their website, they offered a "complete this form to cancel your cruise", so I submitted that form instead of calling and being on hold for hours.  

A few days later, I received an email from them indicating my reservation is now cancelled. 

Does this indicate I will be receiving my $900 deposit refund?  I assume I am good, just wanted to double check.

Payment Details

Vacation Package $0.00
Taxes and Fees $0.00
Total Package Price $0.00
Payment(s) Applied ($900.00)
Change Fees ($0.00)
Cancellation Penalty ($0.00)
Balance $0.00

Edited by Scarlette

51 minutes ago, Scarlette said:

I booked a cruise with a fully refundable deposit through a big box store travel agency.  On their website, they offered a "complete this form to cancel your cruise", so I submitted that form instead of calling and being on hold for hours.  

A few days later, I received an email from them indicating my reservation is now cancelled. 

Does this indicate I will be receiving my $900 deposit refund?  I assume I am good, just wanted to double check.

Payment Details

Vacation Package $0.00
Taxes and Fees $0.00
Total Package Price $0.00
Payment(s) Applied ($900.00)
Change Fees ($0.00)
Cancellation Penalty ($0.00)
Balance $0.00

That’s how I read it.

• Like 2

Cruise Lines should refund immediately on cancellation. 

No excuses. I could not care less if they are overworked - Employ some temporary people.

It is not their money they have no right to keep hold of it.

Oh, and when this is all over I hope the world's governments get together and fine the massive global corporations (especially the airlines that are not refunding) so much money for profiteering that they go bust.

Put people first, not big business and billionaires.

• Like 2

I cancelled a refundable deposit cruise on March 11, unrelated to Coronavirus, and before RC suspended any US sailings. I still have not received my refund. I had already cancelled my cruise planner purchases and received those credits before cancelling the cruise. Simple, one transaction cancellation. At the time I cancelled, I was told 3-5 days for refund, today I was told it’s “taking longer and it should be a few more days”. 

11 hours ago, gadaboutgal said:

Cancelled a cruise March 9 and just received refund on March 24.

This is somewhat reassuring. I cancelled our cruise on March 11, maybe I will see our refund by the end of the week. 

If the refund was going to take 2-3 weeks, I wish they would have just told me that. Telling me 3-5 days, and then having to check my credit card every day or two to see if the refund hit has become very irritating.  

Reading threads in here for the last 2 weeks I can make a little conclusion that it will take 60-90 days to get a full refund and something like 30-60 days to get a partial refund. Most of the time passangers are offered  creditson a gift card or upgrades for their future cruises. The companies want to keep that money untill the situation resolves. Giving away money now will almost make them bankrupt of force them to lend money from banks.. noone wants to pay pennies to the bank 

15 hours ago, Crrrrruisin said:

I had two cruises that I booked directly with RCCL.  Both cruises were cancelled by RCCL and I opted for the refund, however no monies have been refunded to my credit card.  I read that it takes up to 30 days, but I’m not sure if they’re staggering the refunds or holding them to process all at once.  Considering their current economic situation and everything that’s going on I’m not very comfortable with them holding on to my money.  A lot could happen in 30 days.  With that being said, I was just wondering has anyone received a refund from RCCL for cruises that have been cancelled by RCCL?

I just read through this whole thread and realized that no one had welcomed you to Cruise Critic.

Welcome to Cruise Critic, Crrrrrruisin.  (not sure if I spelled it correctly. 😉 )