NCL under investigation by Florida Atty General.

RaftingJeremy

54 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Nope not true colors, I've had my issues with NCL, however how many times must we rehash FCC Credit as opposed to money returned, when will NCL cancel April cruises, the AG needs to investigate ( don't people realize the cruise lines have very good lawyers), etc.

As I just said in another thread, this is CC.  People love to rehash things ad nauseum.  It's part of the culture.

27 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

As I just said in another thread, this is CC.  People love to rehash things ad nauseum.  It's part of the culture.

Yep and part of that culture is I want it and I want it now! This is an unprecedented epidemic, all cruise lines are dealing with thousands of cancellations/rebooking that people need to take a step back, breathe a little.

Nobody wants to be in this situation, however nothing is going to change for at least another month or better. At least that was the last report. 

Just time to deal with reality. And those on here wishing/thinking/asking are cruises going to resume in April aren't dealing with reality.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

JaimeLogical- Do you really need to tell any cc member there is no hope for them if they believe one thing or another?

I find your statement "If you are dumb enough to take medical advice from a cruise sales rep... or even the President of the United States... I don't think there's much hope for you anyway" offensive and insulting.

If you are up to speed on the many in the US who take the President's word as gospel, there are those who believe this pandemic was a hoax by the Democrats and the US had this totally under control. They are real, they exist and they do believe.

We need all the hope we can find right now.

14 minutes ago, Loucat said:

JaimeLogical- Do you really need to tell any cc member there is no hope for them if they believe one thing or another?

I find your statement "If you are dumb enough to take medical advice from a cruise sales rep... or even the President of the United States... I don't think there's much hope for you anyway" offensive and insulting.

If you are up to speed on the many in the US who take the President's word as gospel, there are those who believe this pandemic was a hoax by the Democrats and the US had this totally under control. They are real, they exist and they do believe.

Trust and believe that I hope the president is right!!! I was just saying as much to my SO last night. But I wouldn't stake my life on it!

We don't want to hear the president's or salesman's hopes and dreams, we need reality more than ever.  Everyone must be prepared to suffer the consequences of their own beliefs, just don't try to involve me in yours.  Freedom of speech includes the freedom to not listen.

On 3/26/2020 at 8:21 AM, JamieLogical said:

Look, is what NCL sales reps were saying gross and a slimy sales tactic? Sure! Were they stating things without actual facts to back them up? Sure! But, first of all, it wasn't "NCL Executives", it was one sales director and we do not yet know how far up the chain it might have gone. Second of all, the facts of the virus were (and still are to some extent) unknown. If you are dumb enough to take medical advice from a cruise sales rep... or even the President of the United States... I don't think there's much hope for you anyway.

Well I dunno I understand one off verbal mistakes - misunderstandings, bad choice of words, sidetracked in a middle of sentence and forgot what you were going to say  that is later clarified or corrected but if a President consistently day after day states "if you want to keep your doctor you can keep your doctor"  I think a lot of people who are not dumb might just believe him.

Edited by Newleno

13 hours ago, Loucat said:

Well I dunno I think there are people out there who believe that someone said the pandemic was a hoax when in fact the "hoax'  wording was about blame to an administration for the pandemic, not that the pandemic was not real. Poor choice of words and fodder for the masses.  I mean just using  logic does someone close boarders/air travel if  they believe the pandemic is a hoax?  Draw your own conclusions

Edited by Newleno
  • Like 1

NCL is being investigated for the way they have handled the situation.   Apparently someone has sent internal emails of how they would try to get people to rebook instead of cancel.  They would tell them that the virus doesn’t live in warm so the Caribbean is perfect.  Stuff like that.   
Wonder how this will affect them.   
I already find myself wavering on wanting to come back to NCL.  Their customer service has been suspect and they really have been quite silent through this thing.  

When I call to cancel a haircut, manicure, dinner reservation, doctor visit, they usually try to rebook. It’s just good business. At the time of the email, many believed this was like the flu and it would die off in the warm weather. I don’t think it was an evil conspiracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums