Booking with NRD question

ISABELLA

We have booked a cruise with NRD and got 4 perks for cruise in  December. Now Celebrity is offering the same price with 4 perks with Refundable Deposit.

Can NRD booking can be changed to Refundable deposit booking?

I tried to call X - wait is too long.

Thank you 

It is easy to change from RD to NRD (prior to final payment date) without a fee because Celebrity is gaining something - namely your deposit if you cancel. But in going from NRD to RD Celebrity is losing something - so you cannot expect to make the change without some monetary fee or loss.

Don't know if they have anyway to go from NRD to RD other than cancelling the NRD (with loss of deposit) and rebooking RD.  If there is, then the fee to do so would be a maximum of your current deposit -,hopefully less.

Your other option would be to change your current reservation to a different future NRD reservation (for a $200 fee plus any difference in the cruise fare.) and then rebook the December cruise as a RD.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

8 hours ago, ISABELLA said:

We have booked a cruise with NRD and got 4 perks for cruise in  December. Now Celebrity is offering the same price with 4 perks with Refundable Deposit.

Can NRD booking can be changed to Refundable deposit booking?

I tried to call X - wait is too long.

Thank you 

If you booked in the last 60 days or less suggest calling a TA.  They will likely provide you some extra OBC and explain the change.  

Talked to X and here what they said: To change from NRD to RD - cost of $200  and the loss of any additional OBC promos were given at the time of booking. We had an additional $200 OBC  during  Veterans Day special.

We will stay with NRD at this time.

Thank you all for your input.

This is exactly how it was explained to me by my favorite on board booking agent (very experienced).   You can change from RD to NRD at any time.   You can't change the other way.  Only option is to cancel the original reservation with any penalty involved and rebook.   She warned of this as you would lose the onboard booking status of the original booking along with the associated OBC.

In another case I had called Celebrity to reprice since they had a promo with an additional perk.  The agent mistakenly gave me a different rate which was a NRD which I refused and repeated my RD rate request and he changed it back.  When I received the guest invoice before hanging up I noticed it has the non refundable deposit text (not the NRD promo code).   I asked him to correct.  After about an hour on the phone and a couple of call back he said there was no way to do this in their system but reservation was noted that the deposit was fully refundable, plus I have emails to the same effect.

On 3/29/2020 at 6:18 PM, ISABELLA said:

Talked to X and here what they said: To change from NRD to RD - cost of $200  and the loss of any additional OBC promos were given at the time of booking. We had an additional $200 OBC  during  Veterans Day special.

We will stay with NRD at this time.

Thank you all for your input.

Just remember you can always "refare" your NRD booking before the final payment due date if it makes economical sense to do so. We refare our NRD bookings all the time. You just can't change the ship or the cruise date of the NRD booking as you can with a RD booking.

On 3/30/2020 at 10:59 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

Just remember you can always "refare" your NRD booking before the final payment due date if it makes economical sense to do so. We refare our NRD bookings all the time. You just can't change the ship or the cruise date of the NRD booking as you can with a RD booking.

Good info. Thanks.

• Like 1