Placing a 'Hold' on a Cabin

cruiselover**

I have never placed a hold on a cabin when I have been on the Carnival website.  I have always just booked my cabin for my upcoming cruise with my Personal Vacation Planner and haven't needed to save a cabin.  Today I find that I would like to hold a cabin for a future cruise while I wait for the official word from Carnival on my current reservation.  Anyway, can someone please tell me how to place the 'hold'?  I would really appreciate your help!

48 minutes ago, cruiselover** said:

I have never placed a hold on a cabin when I have been on the Carnival website.  I have always just booked my cabin for my upcoming cruise with my Personal Vacation Planner and haven't needed to save a cabin.  Today I find that I would like to hold a cabin for a future cruise while I wait for the official word from Carnival on my current reservation.  Anyway, can someone please tell me how to place the 'hold'?  I would really appreciate your help!

I did a 48 hour hold on ours.  You have to go through the whole thing like your booking your cruise all the way until you get to where you would pay.  Down at the bottom of the page, there was a option to hold for 48 hours.  I still got a booking # and am working with our PVP to switch it over now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruiselover** said:

Follow Terab85's advice. Also, when you reach that point with your (mock) booking, if you click the Carnival logo in the upper left corner of the web page to take you back to Carnival's homepage, I always get a box that pops up asking if I'd like to hold the cabin. You can also contact your PVP and ask them to extend the hold. I didn't even know that was an option until ours offered to do it for us last year. He extended our hold to 5 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

Follow Terab85's advice. Also, when you reach that point with your (mock) booking, if you click the Carnival logo in the upper left corner of the web page to take you back to Carnival's homepage, I always get a box that pops up asking if I'd like to hold the cabin. You can also contact your PVP and ask them to extend the hold. I didn't even know that was an option until ours offered to do it for us last year. He extended our hold to 5 days.

I put a 48 hour hold last night on a new cruise that they wanted $662 deposit.    I have until 7:30 tomorrow night or it will be cancelled.    I had to do it without my TA because their server is down and she couldn't do it.     Now I have to figure out how to get the one I'm cancelling credited to the one on hold so I don't have to pay the deposit.    She told me I would probably have to call Carnival - like I would get thru today.  Yeah Right.     On the form they gave us to fill out the second section  shows a place for new booking number and says that you will get the higher OBC if you fill  it out.    I have a booking number - but I didn't cancel my original trip before now - I wonder if I put the new number in there if it will work??    Any ideas?     

I did the same put one on hold so then I went to the online form and filled it all out and wouldnt let me do it said I had to call if problems thinking it is because not actually booked just on hold not sure what i will do next as phone lines are crazy busy 

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

That is how it works for me too. I already rescheduled my 4-4 cancelled cruise to 7-25 but am now having a lot of second thoughts about rescheduling it for this summer. Last night I put a 3-27-21 cruise on hold trying to get ahead of the new cancellations and e-mailed my PVP this morning to call me. I am hoping he can extend the hold for a few days and I want to make sure the $600 OBC will transfer to the new dates.

It is hard to figure out what to do, is July too soon? Should we just ride it out or pull the plug until Easter Week next year? I hope we get a few extra days to decide! 

11 minutes ago, maryandmarge said:

I put a 48 hour hold last night on a new cruise that they wanted $662 deposit.    I have until 7:30 tomorrow night or it will be cancelled.    I had to do it without my TA because their server is down and she couldn't do it.     Now I have to figure out how to get the one I'm cancelling credited to the one on hold so I don't have to pay the deposit.    She told me I would probably have to call Carnival - like I would get thru today.  Yeah Right.     On the form they gave us to fill out the second section  shows a place for new booking number and says that you will get the higher OBC if you fill  it out.    I have a booking number - but I didn't cancel my original trip before now - I wonder if I put the new number in there if it will work??    Any ideas?     

If it were me, I wouldn't trust any type of online form or automated system. Things are so hectic right now, I wouldn't want the cruise I want to fall through the cracks somehow. If you have a PVP, I suggest calling them. If not, then you'll have to try your luck with the bogged down call center. Like 64funwhisper mentioned above, the hold isn't technically a true booking, even though it issues a booking number with the hold. I doubt their system shows it as an actual booking. So you'd need someone to complete that booking and make sure everything else gets moved over to it.

10 minutes ago, LaRue1975 said:

It is hard to figure out what to do, is July too soon? Should we just ride it out or pull the plug until Easter Week next year? I hope we get a few extra days to decide! 

I hear ya. There's no way to know what will happen. This whole situation changes by the week, by the day, and even by the hour. I was watching an interview with VP Pence last night and he noted that there are times when what they know changes hourly because they constantly have new data coming in. That's why I'm not fond of people who are over-speculating about when the cruise lines will resume service. The ones who keep preaching that cruises won't be back this summer, this fall, and some say the rest of this year. That's what I mean by over-speculating. They don't know. No one does. Even the experts only know so much, then bam, something changes. I choose to remain cautiously optimistic. Even though we don't have anything booked in the near future, I hope they don't have to extend the shut-down again come May 11th. Our next one is booked for early January and I have no reason to believe right now that it won't happen. However, today's unfortunate news (for Carnival and for those who had cruises) that they've extended the shut-down does probably mean that we'll continue to see some great prices on cruises for the months to come. So for us customers at least, that's a bit of light at the end of this dark tunnel. I'm kind of wondering if we should've waited to see what else pops up instead of booking January.

I anticipated our May 10 cruise would be cancelled today and put a new cruise for February 2021 on hold yesterday.
As soon as the announcement was made, I called Carnival. Was on hold for 35 minutes. Gave CS rep the old booking number, new on hold number, and he flip flopped everything for me.
Only thing I cannot find is the OBC anywhere on my new reservation. But I do have the paperwork stating and old cruise information just in case there is an issue in February.
Kind of relieved now that it is all rebooked. Not sure how wonderful the Baja cruise weather will be in February, but any vacation is better than none, and I had to book around school days.

18 minutes ago, Ihearttravel11 said:

I anticipated our May 10 cruise would be cancelled today and put a new cruise for February 2021 on hold yesterday.
As soon as the announcement was made, I called Carnival. Was on hold for 35 minutes. Gave CS rep the old booking number, new on hold number, and he flip flopped everything for me.
Only thing I cannot find is the OBC anywhere on my new reservation. But I do have the paperwork stating and old cruise information just in case there is an issue in February.
Kind of relieved now that it is all rebooked. Not sure how wonderful the Baja cruise weather will be in February, but any vacation is better than none, and I had to book around school days.

The $600 doesn’t show up in your planner info but it did on the new invoice I received after my PVP added the $600 OBC to the cruise I had already rescheduled. 

8 minutes ago, LaRue1975 said:

The $600 doesn’t show up in your planner info but it did on the new invoice I received after my PVP added the $600 OBC to the cruise I had already rescheduled. 

Ok, I see it on the email. Don't quite understand everything, but it does show as  a credit/coupon.

4 hours ago, Terab85 said:

I did a 48 hour hold on ours.  You have to go through the whole thing like your booking your cruise all the way until you get to where you would pay.  Down at the bottom of the page, there was a option to hold for 48 hours.

Interesting! I only thought you could do holds through PVP. Didn't know you could do them on your own on the website. Thanks for the info.

2 hours ago, Ihearttravel11 said:

Ok, I see it on the email. Don't quite understand everything, but it does show as  a credit/coupon.

If you'd like to view the Invoice that LaRue was talking about, login to your Cruise Manager and click the Planner tab at the top. Then click the Print Documents button. A new box will pop up...put a check mark in the Print General Information box and click Print. Don't worry, it won't print right away. It'll open up your documents as a .pdf file first. Scroll down until you see the Invoice (it'll say it in the top right corner) and see if your OBC is listed on that. If not, maybe it will at some point, so keep checking.

49 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

If you'd like to view the Invoice that LaRue was talking about, login to your Cruise Manager and click the Planner tab at the top. Then click the Print Documents button. A new box will pop up...put a check mark in the Print General Information box and click Print. Don't worry, it won't print right away. It'll open up your documents as a .pdf file first. Scroll down until you see the Invoice (it'll say it in the top right corner) and see if your OBC is listed on that. If not, maybe it will at some point, so keep checking.

Nope, not showing up on that. But the credit did on another email. If it does not show up in a few months, when hopefully the chaos has mellowed, I will call to ask about it. I do have a copy of my previous cruise paperwork saved, just in case, as well as the email showing the credit, should there be issues.
Thanks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I didn’t know that, great info, thanks! 

I was able to get mine all taken care of today and for the first time in over a month I feel like this ordeal is finally over, whew! My PVP was able to get my replacement cruise rescheduled from July 25th to the March 27th one I put on hold and we were able to keep the $600 OBC for both cabins.  He had to get it ok’d by a supervisor and I think it helped we are still four months out. I probably would have booked it for March initially but the original offer said you had to cruise by 12-31-20. 

We will still sail Easter Week, just a year later and celebrate my daughter’s 40th birthday just before she turns 41, she has decided to cancel her birthday because the cruise was cancelled and stay 39 all year, lol! I am very happy with the way Carnival handled the situation in my case and I hope we start turning the corner soon and defeat this horrible virus which is the important thing. 

I want to thank all of you for your responses.  I appreciate it very much.  Earlier today I was in touch with my PVP and he was able to book the cabin I wanted as a replacement for my (cancelled) 4/25/20 cruise on Carnival Magic.  I am booked on the Carnival Mardi Gras for next April.  I wanted to have two cabins side by side since we have another couple traveling with us.  It was difficult to find two balcony cabins next to each other and that is why I wanted to hold a cabin.  Anyway, it is all worked out and my PVP was very helpful in sorting everything out.  Now I just have to be patient and wait another year to cruise!

• Like 1