Another FCC question (sorry)

Hi, I posted in a thread but didn't receive an answer. We have a cruise booked for Dec 19 on Indy. It's about half paid for. If they cancel, do we just get what we've paid into it or extra? Also, should we keep making payments or just wait and see (or does it not matter either way)? Thank you!

5 minutes ago, fla33023 said:

Hi, I posted in a thread but didn't receive an answer. We have a cruise booked for Dec 19 on Indy. It's about half paid for. If they cancel, do we just get what we've paid into it or extra? Also, should we keep making payments or just wait and see (or does it not matter either way)? Thank you!

If you booked a refundable deposit you would get back 100% of everything you paid including deposit

if you booked a non refundable deposit there would be a $100pp fee, you would get back the balance of the deposit as a FCC and everything you paid above the deposit would be refunded. 

Regular cancellation terms apply. 

If Royal eventually does cancel you would get a 100% refund of everything you have paid. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, fla33023 said:

Thank you. Not sure why I thought you got extra...maybe just wishful thinking! 😁

If Royal cancel the cruise, you can either opt for a 100% refund or the option of taking 125% FCC.  🍷

Right now, you pay no penalties, regardless of refundable or non refundable.  But we waited until Royal canceled so we could get the 125% FCC, way better deal for us since we have so many cruises booked.  As soon as I get our FCC, I will apply it to one of our current booked cruises.

28 minutes ago, karena1 said:

Right now, you pay no penalties, regardless of refundable or non refundable.  But we waited until Royal canceled so we could get the 125% FCC, way better deal for us since we have so many cruises booked.  As soon as I get our FCC, I will apply it to one of our current booked cruises.

Got it. One last question. Should we pay off the cruise before (if) they cancel it so we get the 125% FCC or would we get that anyway (only a little over half has been paid)? I would certainly just be rebooking another cruise.

2 minutes ago, fla33023 said:

Got it. One last question. Should we pay off the cruise before (if) they cancel it so we get the 125% FCC or would we get that anyway (only a little over half has been paid)? I would certainly just be rebooking another cruise.

Your cruise would long be paid off as Royal is only cancelling 30 to 45 days out.  Final payment is due 90 days out. 

If Royal is still cancelling cruises in December  there probably won’t be a cruise line left. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Your cruise would long be paid off as Royal is only cancelling 30 to 45 days out.  Final payment is due 90 days out. 

Oh yeah! That's the part I was leaving out in my mind. Our final payment date is in Sept, cruise Dec. Thank you so much!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you booked a refundable deposit you would get back 100% of everything you paid including deposit

if you booked a non refundable deposit there would be a $100pp fee, you would get back the balance of the deposit as a FCC and everything you paid above the deposit would be refunded. 

Regular cancellation terms apply. 

If Royal eventually does cancel you would get a 100% refund of everything you have paid. 

Last month I paid off b2b fall cruises because I wanted to use the credit card points. The final payment dates for those cruises aren’t until late July/early August, and the earlier cruise has a refundable deposit. Would we still get back 100% of the cruise cost (with the refundable deposit) if we cancel before the final payment is due - even though we already made the final payment?

1 minute ago, NancyIL said:

Last month I paid off b2b fall cruises because I wanted to use the credit card points. The final payment dates for those cruises aren’t until late July/early August, and the earlier cruise has a refundable deposit. Would we still get back 100% of the cruise cost (with the refundable deposit) if we cancel before the final payment is due - even though we already made the final payment?

Yes you would. 

Its not the payment itself but the date that triggers the penalties. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach