Small deposit how does fcc work

jakzak10

Booked on the august16 14 night summit cruise from Ireland to Boston. We booked aqua cabin long ago and got a rate of 4200 per person. Current rate is now showing 8300 per person. We booked with a fully refundable 25.00 per person deposit. Now that it appears all cruises prior to sept 1 are being cancelled  will a fcc be based on my deposit, or cost of the reserved cruise. Thanks all

The Cruise With Confidence was extended until Sept 1,  at this time cruises through have been suspended through July 1 for Alaska sailing and through May 11 for all other sailings. At this time your  cruise is not suspended.

If you are in the US with a Aug 16 sail date your final payment would be due around May 16.  Since your probably haven’t made final payment yet if you cancel before final payment you would get your $25 deposit back.

If you make your final payment and later Celebrity cancels your cruise, under the current conditions, you would have a choice of a FCC of 125% of your cruise fare or a refund.  

On 4/1/2020 at 1:48 PM, jakzak10 said:

Booked on the august16 14 night summit cruise from Ireland to Boston. We booked aqua cabin long ago and got a rate of 4200 per person. Current rate is now showing 8300 per person. We booked with a fully refundable 25.00 per person deposit. Now that it appears all cruises prior to sept 1 are being cancelled  will a fcc be based on my deposit, or cost of the reserved cruise. Thanks all

Obviously you would not get a FCC based on more than you paid.  The current fare has no effect on you.  The FCC if and when this cruise happens would be based on the $$ you have paid. I think you are asking would you get a FCC based on the fare of 4200pp - no. Only the $25 you paid.

• Like 1

Celebrity is not giving credit for money not already paid and in their coffers. I had an Alaska cruise booked and I knew it would be cancelled as soon as the port of Vancouver was closed until July 1, and that was done before final payment was due. I went ahead and made final payment at the last hour, and when C got around to cancelling it, took the 125% FCC, which is only on the cruise fare portion of your payment, but it still will amount to just short of $700 per person more than what I paid. Of course my money is now tied up until next cruise, which won't be until 2021. Unless you are not planning on cruising again, or not with C anyway, I don't know why anyone would not take the FCC. The FCC is 125% of what you have paid. An FCC of $5250 (125% of 4200) on a $25 deposit would indeed be a windfall!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2020 at 2:19 PM, frteach said:

Unless you are not planning on cruising again, or not with C anyway, I don't know why anyone would not take the FCC.

Because if Celebrity doesn't make it your FCC will be worthless.  While I have 10 $200 deposits out there I requested a refund on the cancelled cruise that was paid in full.   It's all about risk tolerance.