Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Good evening.

It is 22.45pm here in North East England.

The rain has been pouring down all day.

I had my breakfast overlooking the sea this morning.

I hope y'all are having a nice day.

IMG_20240923_075716.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, maggieq said:

@Momof3gurlz beautiful pictures.  On our long bucket list. Would love any recommendations you have on how which islands/hotels, etc 

As Firefly said, Oahu is really commercial, especially Honolulu, Waikiki and the surrounding areas. Our first six nights were at Aulani, about 30 minutes from Honolulu, and this was mostly ‘relax at the resort’ time.  We drove to the North Shore one day and to Kanapali Beach another day.  Unless you’re committed to seeing Waikiki, North Shore or Pearl Harbor, Oahu wouldn’t be my first choice.  We stayed at the Outrigger Reef in Waikiki and I would easily recommend it to anyone.  
In choosing a second island, Maui would’ve been my choice but I was concerned they haven’t fully recovered yet from the fires.  Kauai won out with the chance to see the NaPali Coast and Waimea Canyon.  It was much more unspoiled than Oahu with lush plants and greenery everywhere.  We stayed on the southern coast in Poipu at Koloa Landing.  It’s a beautiful resort with a fantastic pool and nice on-site restaurant.  Close to a couple of shopping areas and several other restaurants.  The Grand Hyatt is also nearby and looks gorgeous but I was a little overwhelmed by the size of it so we chose Koloa.  Firefly is also correct that Poipu is the sunny part of Kauai.  We had fantastic weather there.  Other passengers on our Na Pali catamaran cruise were staying in near Kapa’a on the east side and said they had mostly overcast, drizzly weather.  Poipu was about a 30 minute drive to Waimea Canyon and Port Allen/Elele where many tours depart from.  
Happy to answer any other questions you have.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

As Firefly said, Oahu is really commercial, especially Honolulu, Waikiki and the surrounding areas. Our first six nights were at Aulani, about 30 minutes from Honolulu, and this was mostly ‘relax at the resort’ time.  We drove to the North Shore one day and to Kanapali Beach another day.  Unless you’re committed to seeing Waikiki, North Shore or Pearl Harbor, Oahu wouldn’t be my first choice.  We stayed at the Outrigger Reef in Waikiki and I would easily recommend it to anyone.  
In choosing a second island, Maui would’ve been my choice but I was concerned they haven’t fully recovered yet from the fires.  Kauai won out with the chance to see the NaPali Coast and Waimea Canyon.  It was much more unspoiled than Oahu with lush plants and greenery everywhere.  We stayed on the southern coast in Poipu at Koloa Landing.  It’s a beautiful resort with a fantastic pool and nice on-site restaurant.  Close to a couple of shopping areas and several other restaurants.  The Grand Hyatt is also nearby and looks gorgeous but I was a little overwhelmed by the size of it so we chose Koloa.  Firefly is also correct that Poipu is the sunny part of Kauai.  We had fantastic weather there.  Other passengers on our Na Pali catamaran cruise were staying in near Kapa’a on the east side and said they had mostly overcast, drizzly weather.  Poipu was about a 30 minute drive to Waimea Canyon and Port Allen/Elele where many tours depart from.  
Happy to answer any other questions you have.  

Great information Deb. I have added this to my Hawaii notes.

• Like 1