NO CRUISES TILL NEXT YEAR

lindyloo22

When cruising does return I suspect it will be a different experience to the one we have been used to. A few thoughts on what may happen. 

Travel Insurance will rise in price almost certainly and for those with serious health conditions will probably rule out cruising on cost alone. It was expected to rise after EHIC cards become invalid at end of 2020, this pandemic will push up prices.

There will be a requirement to ensure that anyone going on cruise has travel insurance with checks being made with insurance companies to validate the information. 

When ports do reopen it will be on their terms and I expect some will wish to limit size and number of cruise ships in port at anyone time. 

In the short term we may see a requirement to deep clean ships in between cruises thus increasing turn around time, no more of one set of passengers leaving in the morning with another set going on in afternoon. 

I expect to see consolidation in the industry with some lines going under, others merging.

8 hours ago, daiB said:

Only RCI has the same up to 60 day wait on refunds as well. According to the UTube source. The information came from the US.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was responding to Eglesbrech's comment that Celebrity are paying refunds in 30 days, and assuming this would apply across all RCI cruise lines.  Clearly there is a lot of misinformation all over social media, as usual, so one needs to rely on people who have personal experiences of refunds.

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

When cruising does return I suspect it will be a different experience to the one we have been used to. A few thoughts on what may happen. 

Travel Insurance will rise in price almost certainly and for those with serious health conditions will probably rule out cruising on cost alone. It was expected to rise after EHIC cards become invalid at end of 2020, this pandemic will push up prices.

There will be a requirement to ensure that anyone going on cruise has travel insurance with checks being made with insurance companies to validate the information. 

When ports do reopen it will be on their terms and I expect some will wish to limit size and number of cruise ships in port at anyone time. 

In the short term we may see a requirement to deep clean ships in between cruises thus increasing turn around time, no more of one set of passengers leaving in the morning with another set going on in afternoon. 

I expect to see consolidation in the industry with some lines going under, others merging.

I was literally typing the same thing before I read your comment. The most important point here is the insurance price. The prices will high rocket just of the insurance. Also people might stop demanding the inclusion of the word "Virus" into the insurance contract just to be sure that they will be compensated in case of this occasion. As far as elderly people go, they will be hit the most. They will have to prove their health condition prior to booking and landing. God, this is going to be tough for everyone 

Anyone tried to swap their cruise this year for exactly the same a s next year?  Just wondering if that's the easier thing to do although I did notice the cabin number we have booked for this year does not exist next year!!

We did, the same cruise, just a week earlier to avoid the first week of Wimbledon, I don’t intend missing it 2 years in a row 🥴
Next year’s cruise worked out a little cheaper so we changed from a balcony cabin to a deluxe balcony cabin which cost £100 more each, we figured it’s 2 years holiday in 1 so why not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I was literally typing the same thing before I read your comment. The most important point here is the insurance price. The prices will high rocket just of the insurance. Also people might stop demanding the inclusion of the word "Virus" into the insurance contract just to be sure that they will be compensated in case of this occasion. As far as elderly people go, they will be hit the most. They will have to prove their health condition prior to booking and landing. God, this is going to be tough for everyone 

I completely agree that Travel Insurance prices will rise.  Assuming however that the majority of travel companies survive, the Insurers will have to strike a balance of the increase to ensure that people can still afford to buy it.  What will be particularly interesting for us is to see what their attitude is to cruising and how much premium they might put on top of a standard policy...

Yes agree.  I will have wasted £276 this year for our annual policy as won't be going on either cruise.  We have some medical conditions, and I imagine it will be at least double next time, that is we are even covered for this virus without which we would not go at all.