Does Anyone Know What the New Itineraries are?

Trevor33

Does anyone know anything as to what the new Itineraries are going to be as Cunard currently have the date on their website for when they hope to resume cruising? As this is only 40 days away and the ships in different places does anyone have knowledge please?

As I mentioned on another thread, QM2's next scheduled voyage is a "Bruges and Guernsey" cruise from Southampton on May 20-24.

QV's next scheduled voyage is a Norwegian Fjords cruise from Southampton on May 31-June 7.

QE's next scheduled voyage is an Alaska cruise from Vancouver on June 2-12.

But it is highly unlikely any of these cruises will be happening. QE can't be doing the Alaska cruise for no other reason than Canadian ports being shut down until July 1.

No changes to the itineraries have been announced yet.

Edited by bluemarble

Guest SilverHengroen

I don't think they will want to change itineraries too much from what's already published as that would mean cancelling and refunding many more bookings! They will just pick up their schedules from the nearest convenient departure when things are allowed to get going again, which, for what little my opinion is worth, I don't see being much before the final couple of months of the year if not into next. One big ? for me is whether they will go ahead with 2021 world cruises if they can largely access the ports they were meant to, or if people will have been scared off trips where repatriation isn't as easy as it would be for Americans in Europe, or vice versa. 

I am booked on the full World Cruise 2021. As you rightly say who knows if it will happen. Whilst we would all like this not to have happened it has. Do I think the world cruise will go ahead and resemble a full world cruise circumnavigation visiting all the continents of the world as the Itinerary is programmed to do ...... sadly no I dont. We need a vaccine, we need to all be innoculated. Whilst I want this long booked holiday I also have to think not about us doing a holiday of a lifetime BUT how will people receive the cruise ships in the ports of call after this. 

It is a tough one to know with the virus having not peaked in Europe, North America,Africa, Australasia, parts of Asia. Japan has just announced a state of emergency for at least 30 days, Canada closed to cruise ships until the end of the year. Australia and New Zealand closing waters, QM2 Brooklyn Cruise Terminal is now a 1000-1500 emergency hospital, Africa closing ports. I would guess that it could be some time before QM2 and other cruise ships board passengers again. We all want to be positive but in reality Cunard saying they hope to resume cruising on 16th May 2020 - 38 days time is very unrealistic I am afraid. I am not sure that those that suggest next year as a restart may not be wrong. I guess it is not up to the cruise lines but up to the countries and governments involved. I agree with the latest Cunard marketing entitled "Let's Start Dreaming" but sadly I can't see that in reality before next year. Having booked the World cruise for next January I cannot see this happening let alone consider how welcoming certain ports and locals will be when they see a big ship arriving  at the quayside.

1 hour ago, Trevor33 said:

Canada closed to cruise ships until the end of the year

Are you sure? Where have you read that?

"Canadian cruise ports to close until July" says Trudeau.

1 hour ago, Trevor33 said:

It is a tough one to know with the virus having not peaked in Europe, North America,Africa, Australasia, parts of Asia. Japan has just announced a state of emergency for at least 30 days, Canada closed to cruise ships until the end of the year. Australia and New Zealand closing waters, QM2 Brooklyn Cruise Terminal is now a 1000-1500 emergency hospital, Africa closing ports. I would guess that it could be some time before QM2 and other cruise ships board passengers again. We all want to be positive but in reality Cunard saying they hope to resume cruising on 16th May 2020 - 38 days time is very unrealistic I am afraid. I am not sure that those that suggest next year as a restart may not be wrong. I guess it is not up to the cruise lines but up to the countries and governments involved. I agree with the latest Cunard marketing entitled "Let's Start Dreaming" but sadly I can't see that in reality before next year. Having booked the World cruise for next January I cannot see this happening let alone consider how welcoming certain ports and locals will be when they see a big ship arriving  at the quayside.

Factually incorrect as Canada has closed ports to cruise ships of 500 passengers or more until 1st July..

36 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Factually incorrect as Canada has closed ports to cruise ships of 500 passengers or more until 1st July..

The figure of 500 included passengers and crew.

A further order dated 5 April restricts "all commercial marine vessels with a capacity of more than 12 passengers..."

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2020/04/the-government-of-canada-announces-new-measures-for-ferries-and-commercial-passenger-vessels-capable-of-carrying-more-than-12-passengers.html

Until a few days ago the Port of Halifax was showing three calls of small ships in April or May but they have since disappeared from the list. The list shows the first call of a cruise ship is Queen Mary 2 on 1 July.