CNN Article: Crew member aboard Celebrity Infinity raises concerns over whether cruise ship unnecessarily put crew at risk

mahdnc

This was posted on the CNN website earlier this morning: link.  I didn't know that there was such a job as being a TV host for the Port & Shopping Channel on the in-house ship television network....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The report appears to be shallow-sourced.

CNN issued one of the first reports on the Eclipse, prior to us disembarking in San Diego, stating that none of us passengers tested positive for Covid-19.

That report was true, but it's also true that none of us tested positive for a pregnancy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The source is reporting first-hand experiences and they match up with some of the stuff we were seeing on social media related to crew "getting a vacation" on other ships.  The fact that people were gathering in big groups is referenced in the doctor's memo.  Seems pretty cut & dry to me that X hasn't been that serious about keeping their crew safe if they were allowing this to continue into late March.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2020 at 4:19 PM, In_Steerage said:

CNN issued one of the first reports on the Eclipse, prior to us disembarking in San Diego, stating that none of us passengers tested positive for Covid-19.

That report was true, but it's also true that none of us tested positive for a pregnancy.

LOL - what a way to start my morning....

Thank you and bon voyage

On 4/6/2020 at 4:19 PM, In_Steerage said:

Um...may because Celebrity itself had been proclaiming all the way up to disembarkation that there was no illness onboard.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WonderMan3 said:

Um...may because Celebrity itself had been proclaiming all the way up to disembarkation that there was no illness onboard.

The point is, no Covid-19 tests were administered.  CNN implied with its reporting that testing was conducted on the Eclipse.

When I read the CNN report of the Eclipse, I felt what it was like to be the subject of a fake news story.

Well, at least CNN can't do much damage in the near term.  With most airports and hotel lobbies now empty, 99% of their captive audience is gone.

45 minutes ago, In_Steerage said:

The point is, no Covid-19 tests were administered.  CNN implied with its reporting that testing was conducted on the Eclipse.

When I read the CNN report of the Eclipse, I felt what it was like to be the subject of a fake news story.

Well, at least CNN can't do much damage in the near term.  With most airports and hotel lobbies now empty, 99% of their captive audience is gone.

Did the other captive network cover this story?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, In_Steerage said:

You were involved in a fake story only it was of Celebrity’s doing, CNN made an error in saying the test was done prior to the woman leaving the Eclipse instead of when she arrived in hospital from the Eclipse. 
I think there will be damage done by the cruisers who have tested positive since leaving the Eclipse, especially by the families of the ones who are criticically ill in ICU. I am continually bewildered how some of the cruisers who were on the Eclipse are so defensive of Celebrity. There is nothing like it on any of the other boards I read.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sheffield said:

I am continually bewildered how some of the cruisers who were on the Eclipse are so defensive of Celebrity. There is nothing like it on any of the other boards I read.

With all respect, maybe because there are a few people left who care for facts and are informed about how this virus actually "works" or better when and how testing makes sense and shows results.

I have no reason to defend Celebrity - but I also have no reason to blame them for anything they could not have done better with the means, methods and knowledge available at the time.

Also it´s kind of paradox to blame any cruise line (legitimately or illegitimately) for something which has been and still is handled desatrously nationwide (by many nations).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sheffield said:

I am continually bewildered how some of the cruisers who were on the Eclipse are so defensive of Celebrity. There is nothing like it on any of the other boards I read.

Maybe because no other cruise line took the risk to look after their passengers in the same way Celebrity has. Right now X management needs to know we're there for them in the same way they were there for us.

• Thanks 1

Miaminice and Mojogurued, perhaps you both need to read the thread Celebrity Eclipse exposed passengers to COVID 19 to see why I don't believe Celebrity looks after their passengers very well and  why I think they do deserve blaming for how they handled the situation on the Eclipse. 

• Like 2