Thinking about Freedom OTS July 2021

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Just as a comparison, sailings inside final payment are probably 1/2 that.

I'd read and heard that prices will be way higher to help Cruise Lines make up for their current loses.

If for the same room on Oasis...but during THIS July 2020 you are saying I would have paid less than $3,000?

5 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

but during THIS July 2020 you are saying I would have paid less than $3,000?

A 3V inside for 3 people inside final payment is about $1600.

Biker, who would not book anything outside of final payment, even for July '21.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

I'd read and heard that prices will be way higher to help Cruise Lines make up for their current loses.

If for the same room on Oasis...but during THIS July 2020 you are saying I would have paid less than $3,000?

Prices will only be way higher if people pay them. If people don't pay up prices will drop like a rock to fill up the ship. Personally, if you are happy with an inside cabin I don't think you have to be in any rush to book. Those are not the cabins that usually get bought up early. I agree with @Biker19, I'd wait as long as possible to book. If you were looking for some suite that there were few of I might feel differently.

• Like 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

That sounds like a lot for three people in an inside cabin.

Yes it does.

9 days at Disney World....Pop Century....dining plan...one theme park per day.

That would be at least $4,000...probably more.

(I'd never do that. I'm just opening up another topic of conversation)

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Prices will only be way higher if people pay them. If people don't pay up prices will drop like a rock to fill up the ship. Personally, if you are happy with an inside cabin I don't think you have to be in any rush to book. Those are not the cabins that usually get bought up early. I agree with @Biker19, I'd wait as long as possible to book. If you were looking for some suite that there were few of I might feel differently.

Very good.

I asked how many rooms were still remaining at that price and the rep. said 45 

We'll do nothing and wait for prices to drop.

54 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

So I'm the OP...Steve....back to report on what was said on my call to Royal Caribbean this afternoon.

I called 1-866-562-7625 and canceled my 7/13/2020 reservation and had it converted to a Future Cruise Credit (FCC)

While I had RCC's rep named "Mario" on the line, I asked him about the OASIS out of Cape Liberty on July 30, 2021

For my family of three, the lowest regular price was the Inner Stateroom designed for 4 passengers.

2 twins that can be pushed together to make a queen bed & it has a sofa bed that can sleep 2 passengers.

He said they did not have the 2 twins with a pullman bed available.

So, paying for our family of three to stay in the Inner Stateroom that is for up to 4 people would be $4,0062.69

FYI.

For the 3V staterooms only the couple on deck 6 have Pullman’s and they have 2 Pullman’s and no sofabeds.  The ones on decks 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 have only the sofabed with no Pullman. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SSBrickNJ said:

So I'm the OP...Steve....back to report on what was said on my call to Royal Caribbean this afternoon.

I called 1-866-562-7625 and canceled my 7/13/2020 reservation and had it converted to a Future Cruise Credit (FCC)

While I had RCC's rep named "Mario" on the line, I asked him about the OASIS out of Cape Liberty on July 30, 2021

For my family of three, the lowest regular price was the Inner Stateroom designed for 4 passengers.

2 twins that can be pushed together to make a queen bed & it has a sofa bed that can sleep 2 passengers.

He said they did not have the 2 twins with a pullman bed available.

So, paying for our family of three to stay in the Inner Stateroom that is for up to 4 people would be $4,0062.69

So here’s how crazy prices are, you can get a CP balcony (3 guests) sailing the week of Christmas(Dec 20)  this year for $3380

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, zekekelso said:

Ignoring the whole future way be weird thing, all I know is that the Freedom is an amazing ship. And personally, I spend so little time in room that it doesn’t matter too much what I get.

But you might care what kind of cabin you have when you get quarentined for three weeks.😉

On 4/12/2020 at 3:33 PM, Ocean Boy said:

It would have to be some very interesting itinerary to get me to consider ever booking  Empress or Grandeur. Though if Empress did one week Bermuda sailings like it used to years ago maybe I would consider it. Back then the ship functioned more like a hotel and most of the time was spent on Bermuda. It was also nice to be able to dock right in downtown Hamilton. I did it on Celebrity's Horizon. Empress was docked in front of us.

Empress does have some 7 night itineraries to Bermuda. Stays in both Hamilton and St. Georges. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Empress does have some 7 night itineraries to Bermuda. Stays in both Hamilton and St. Georges. 

That is the very cruise I canceled earlier today. I booked it spontaneously a year ago when RCI hit my email inbox with a great offer. I'd previously been on Explorer....Enchantment...and Radiance. My 3 RCI experiences had been great...In My Thinking: "All RCI ships must be at or above a certain standard....all Inner Staterooms must be about the same dimensions."

Hmmm.....nope!

I naively fell into a booking before I researched the ship....before reading reviews.

So I'm actually not disappointed that without any penalty my deposit for the Empress can be applied as a FCC to a different ship.

Edited by SSBrickNJ

2 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

That is the very cruise I canceled earlier today. I booked it spontaneously a year ago when RCI hit my email inbox with a great offer. I'd been on Explorer....Enchantment...and Radiance. My 3 RCI experiences had been great...all RCI ships must be at a certain standard....all Inner Staterooms must be about the same dimensions.

Hmmm.....nope!

I naively fell into a booking before I researched the ship....before reading reviews.

So I'm actually not disappointed that without any penalty my deposit for the Empress can be applied as a FCC to a different ship.

Stay away from Majesty.  Very small staterooms there as well. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Stay away from Majesty.  Very small staterooms there as well. 

Thank you. To help me to follow that advice, what port will the Majesty sail out of in July of 2021?

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

New Orleans 

Very Good.

"Majesty" might not stick with me when I finally book....maybe selecting something in the Fall (2020) for Summer 2021

.....but New Orleans WILL stick with me.

Thanks again! 😄

• Like 1