Thinking about Freedom OTS July 2021

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am used to sailing out of Port Everglades. What is the attitude about dude?

No tude'  just saying your cruising is limited by only sailing from one port now. No issue.

31 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Both ships sail from Bayonne in 2021 but Freedom only does 4 and 5 nighter to Canada/New England in July

15 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Well then get used to sailing from Port Everglades then because Royal no longer sails from San Juan... cuse this summers sailings are done, and there are no sailings in 2021.

Freedom is also sailing from Cape Liberty to Bermuda in summer 2021 then returns to doing sailings from San Juan in November 2021

47 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Freedom is an awesome ship and does great itineraries when it is sailing out of San Juan.

January 2021 for me... just counting the time.  I could easily give up the next the next 6 months. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

Just now, davekathy said:

The Freedom will continue to sail from San Juan in 2021.

But during late spring and summer 2021 it will sail from Cape Liberty New Jersey doing both Canada and Bermuda runs.  There's a repo in spring and then in the fall between San Juan and NJ. 

Just now, rockmom said:

But during late spring and summer 2021 it will sail from Cape Liberty New Jersey doing both Canada and Bermuda runs.  There's a repo in spring and then in the fall between San Juan and NJ. 

Correct and that's why I edit my post to read January thru April. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Well then get used to sailing from Port Everglades then because Royal no longer sails from San Juan... cuse this summers sailings are done, and there are no sailings in 2021.

and why they call you Ocean Boy if you don't like sea days?,,,,better change your name to Land Boy

Well, I'm booked out of San Juan in 2021.  There are a lot of sailings from there next year.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevea36 said:

Freedom is scheduled to be sailing from Cape Liberty in the summer of 2021, replacing Adventure which is going to be relocated to Galveston.  (It will be Freedom and Oasis for the summer and Anthem for the winter).

You did a good job answering my question. I did a bad job by not picking up on "Oasis" in your answer.

29 minutes ago, Bethdahl said:

Which ship will be doing Southern Caribbean in the summer 2021?

Too bad Freedom isn’t doing Bermuda out of cape Liberty.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Freedom will be doing the Bermuda run and Canada/NE....    Oasis will be doing Bahamas....   Empress will be doing Bermuda (Hamilton and St Georges) and Canada/NE

As of right now RCI does not have any announced ship sailing from San Juan between May 2, 2021 (that's when Freedom repositions to Cape Liberty) and November 2, 2021 (that's when Freedom and Empress return)

Freedom will be doing the Bermuda run and Canada/NE....    Oasis will be doing Bahamas....   Empress will be doing Bermuda (Hamilton and St Georges) and Canada/NE

As of right now RCI does not have any announced ship sailing from San Juan between May 2, 2021 (that's when Freedom repositions to Cape Liberty) and November 2, 2021 (that's when Freedom and Empress return)

Thank you

Looks like a great ship. Anyone been on it and want to comment?
Thinking of sailing in July 2021.  Hopefully Freedom will be sailing out of Puerto Rico featuring the itinerary that is on the website now........and hopefully the world will be back to normal by then!

Freedom is a great ship. Sailing on her again in October (hopefully) doing the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan. Looking forward to the “amped” features we enjoyed on the Navigator a few months ago. She won’t be sailing that route July 2021 as she will be in Cape Liberty for the season, but maybe try jumping on one of the Bermuda runs. We’re gonna book her again for next fall (October) to Bermuda before she goes back to San Juan. BTW-Forked River here.

• Thanks 1

We sailed on Freedom a month ago, her first and only cruise since being "Amped". The ship was in beautiful shape (of course) and I loved all of the modifications she received in dry dock. San Juan is our favorite departure port and we can't wait to get back once all of the Covid-19 stuff calms down.

Freedom and Oasis are completely different ships w/different experiences.  Both just recently got amped and are looking amazing.  I had a friend on the only Freedom sailing after the amp and that Playmakers onboard looks incredible!  We actually prefer Freedom class over Oasis, but I look forward to checking both of them out once we're back to sailing again.

4 hours ago, Crazy4Cruisin225 said:

Freedom is a great ship. Sailing on her again in October (hopefully) doing the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan. Looking forward to the “amped” features we enjoyed on the Navigator a few months ago. She won’t be sailing that route July 2021 as she will be in Cape Liberty for the season, but maybe try jumping on one of the Bermuda runs. We’re gonna book her again for next fall (October) to Bermuda before she goes back to San Juan. BTW-Forked River here.

We have already gone to Bermuda. We might (down the road) book the Oasis out of Cape Liberty for the 9 day cruise....but if and when we are ready to do that, the price might seem out of our reach(our daughter will be a college freshman this Fall). Please share the itinerary for the Freedom out of Cape Liberty going to New England and Canada.

Edited by SSBrickNJ

15 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

We have already gone to Bermuda. We might (down the road) book the Oasis out of Cape Liberty for the 9 day cruise....but if and when we are ready to do that, the price might seem out of our reach(our daughter will be a college freshman this Fall). Please share the itinerary for the Freedom out of Cape liberty going to New England and Canada.

• All in July 2021
    •  
    • #1 4 nights
    • Day 1: Cape Liberty - Nj (Ny Metro)
    • Tue Jul 13 2021 | Depart 03:00 PM
    • Day 2: Cruising
    • Wed Jul 14 2021
    • Day 3: Halifax - Nova Scotia
    • Thu Jul 15 2021 | 08:00 AM To 06:00 PM
    • Day 4: Cruising
    • Fri Jul 16 2021
    • Day 5: Cape Liberty - Nj (Ny Metro)
    • Sat Jul 17 2021 | Arrive 07:00 AM
  • #2    4 nights
    • Tue Jul 27 2021 | Depart 03:00 PM
    • Wed Jul 28 2021
    • Day 3: Saint John - Nb (Bay Of Fundy)
    • Thu Jul 29 2021 | 07:00 AM To 06:45 PM
    • Fri Jul 30 2021
    • Sat Jul 31 2021 | Arrive 07:00 AM

Not great intinaries, I would move your Deposit to the 9 day Oasis, once you put your deposit down, your price is locked in at that price, no matter what happens to the price before you sail........if it goes up you are locked in at your booked price, if it goes down you call and get the lower price.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:
    • All in July 2021
    •  
    • #1 4 nights
    • Tue Jul 13 2021 | Depart 03:00 PM
    • Wed Jul 14 2021
    • Day 3: Halifax - Nova Scotia
    • Thu Jul 15 2021 | 08:00 AM To 06:00 PM
    • Fri Jul 16 2021
    • Sat Jul 17 2021 | Arrive 07:00 AM
  • #2    4 nights
    • Tue Jul 27 2021 | Depart 03:00 PM
    • Wed Jul 28 2021
    • Day 3: Saint John - Nb (Bay Of Fundy)
    • Thu Jul 29 2021 | 07:00 AM To 06:45 PM
    • Fri Jul 30 2021
    • Sat Jul 31 2021 | Arrive 07:00 AM

That's very helpful. Thank you!

It's not really a NEW ENGLAND and Canada cruise.  Both cruises listed above do not dock until Canada. Correct? The Freedom is just passing though New England waters on its way north 😉

Edited by SSBrickNJ

1 minute ago, SSBrickNJ said:

That's very helpful. Thank you!

It's not really a NEW ENGLAND and Canada cruise.  Both cruises listed above do not dock until Canada. Correct?

Halifax is Canada and so is Saint John..........I guess  though you really aren't going to New England, inless you count Bayonne, NJ  lol

This is a true NewEngland Canada cruise we have booked for this year on Adventure of the Seas from Bayonne........September 24th 2020.....but I know it's not going to sail. 😞

9 nights

• Thu Sep 24 2020 | Depart 03:00 PM
    • Fri Sep 25 2020
    • Day 3: Boston - Massachusetts
    • Sat Sep 26 2020 | 07:00 AM To 07:00 PM
    • Day 4: Portland - Maine
    • Sun Sep 27 2020 | 08:00 AM To 05:00 PM
    • Day 5: Bar Harbor - Maine
    • Mon Sep 28 2020 | 07:00 AM To 06:00 PM
    • Day 6: Cruising
    • Tue Sep 29 2020
    • Day 7: Halifax - Nova Scotia
    • Wed Sep 30 2020 | 07:00 AM To 05:00 PM
    • Day 8: Saint John - Nb (Bay Of Fundy)
    • Thu Oct 01 2020 | 09:45 AM To 09:00 PM
    • Day 9: Cruising
    • Fri Oct 02 2020
    • Day 10: Cape Liberty - Nj (Ny Metro)
    • Sat Oct 03 2020 | Arrive 06:00 AM
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Halifax is Canada and so is Saint John..........I guess  though you really aren't going to New England, inless you count Bayonne, NJ  lol

O dear...you thought I didn't know that Halifax and Saint John were part of Canada. When I posted "It's not really a NEW ENGLAND and Canada cruise"...I meant it is a CANADA CRUISE ONLY"...not both 😉😊

Edited by SSBrickNJ

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

This is a true NewEngland Canada cruise we have booked for this year on Adventure of the Seas from Bayonne........September 24th 2020.....but I know it's not going to sail. 😞

9 nights

• Thu Sep 24 2020 | Depart 03:00 PM
    • Fri Sep 25 2020
    • Day 3: Boston - Massachusetts
    • Sat Sep 26 2020 | 07:00 AM To 07:00 PM
    • Day 4: Portland - Maine
    • Sun Sep 27 2020 | 08:00 AM To 05:00 PM
    • Day 5: Bar Harbor - Maine
    • Mon Sep 28 2020 | 07:00 AM To 06:00 PM
    • Day 6: Cruising
    • Tue Sep 29 2020
    • Day 7: Halifax - Nova Scotia
    • Wed Sep 30 2020 | 07:00 AM To 05:00 PM
    • Day 8: Saint John - Nb (Bay Of Fundy)
    • Thu Oct 01 2020 | 09:45 AM To 09:00 PM
    • Day 9: Cruising
    • Fri Oct 02 2020
    • Day 10: Cape Liberty - Nj (Ny Metro)
    • Sat Oct 03 2020 | Arrive 06:00 AM

That looks great. On this Easter day please know that anything is possible with God. That late September cruise could sail.