Full Refunds

Seems like the refunds are speeding up this week. Full refund of our 11 night June Empress cruise was received Tuesday. Called Royal on Monday as it had been over 30 days and they said it was processed the day before which was true.

Very nice gentleman in Guatemala answered my call Monday. Have cruised there in the past on Holland America. He was a pleasure to talk to and we chatted quite a bit about his country. I know he is in a stressful situation with all of us calling about our refunds. You never would know it though. This guy was just awesome. 

Edited by coaster
  • Like 1

On 4/14/2020 at 12:03 PM, Bucket29 said:

I received email confirmation on 3-24 (a Tuesday) that our late May Alaska cruise was cancelled.  The same day I used the link in the email to request a full refund- which indicated I would receive the refund in 30 days (so appx. 4-24).  After reading on the boards about people getting FCC instead of refunds I decided to call Royal to check on things.  I spoke to "John" in customer service on 4-4 and he confirmed I had a request for a refund logged in on 3-28 (ok- but not ok).  He assured me I would be refunded within 30 days of my request of 3-28.  I asked for email confirmation of my request for a refund ... he told me he did not have the ability to send me an email but that our call was recorded and he noted my request .... I'll let you guys know ....

Good news- I had cancelled all of our cruise planner items- drink packages, internet and arcade credits on 3-16 in anticipation of the cancellation.   I received credit to my credit card for all of those items on 3-20.

Not so good news- I've never been able to cruise twice in one year but this was the year I was doing it.  I have a late July cruise booked with extended family and final payment is coming up 5-5.  My family has never cruised before and are looking to me on what to do about making final payment .... I just don't know ........

Cancel.

• 2 weeks later...

We had our April 3rd cruise cancelled by RC so we requested a refund on March 14th.  Got 1/4 of the amount on April 26th and this is what RC told my TA this morning.

Just got off the phone (over 2 hours) with RCCL.  Apparently, they are refunding everyone in a few payments due to a glitch with their computer systems.

And they had no timeline on when the balance will be credited to our charge card.

Not such great service, I know it is crazy for them right now but keeping potential future cruisers with them happy should come into it.

• 5 weeks later...

Hard to believe I am writing this in June!  

After 71 days, we have not received our full refund for two cruises in April/May

2020  Royal Caribbean - Ovation  -  April-May  B2B Sydney > Vancouver, Canada
18 Night Transpacific Eastbound Sydney - Honolulu  April 20 - May 7  
12 night  Honolulu - Vancouver, Canada  May 7 - May 19 

These cruises were cancelled due to the pandemic.  We requested a refund on March 25, 2020.
We have received six separate refunds for odd amounts.  We are still owed over one thousand dollars.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, linden28 said:

After 71 days, we have not received our full refund for two cruises in April/May

These cruises were cancelled due to the pandemic.  We requested a refund on March 25, 2020.
We have received six separate refunds for odd amounts.  We are still owed over one thousand dollars.

Nor have we.  Royal cancelled our April 4th cruise on Brilliance on March 13th.  We requested a refund the same day.  We have received 5 refunds for odd amounts, but are still owed over $2300 from the cruise fare.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, linden28 said:

Sigh...feeling your pain.  Same here.  Happy to just get something back from our cancelled cruises.

But all refunds were shorted...varying from approximately $60 short to $547 short. (We had 11 sailings cancelled. Still no refunds on 4...staying positive.)

• Like 1