what are the chances on a june ncl cruise ?

seaman11

I think there is a >50% change some cruising will begin sometime in June.  

That could mean just 3-4 night sailings from MIA/FLL/MCO to the private islands and maybe Nassau.  There will be various checks, paperwork and certifications involved.  People are going to have to decide for themselves and I think by then, the evidence will lead a lot of people to get on with their lives.

As farther ports open, USVI/BVI, 7 night sailings will come back online.

Then things just flow from there.  I think Mexico will be on the tail end.

I fully expect my June Europe sailing to cancel (waiting for that bonus FCC).  I fully expect my August sailing to go.  50/50 on my December Odyssey sailing and January Mardi Gras sailing.

• Like 1

This also just ran through my mind, assuming my August cruise leaving from Miami is on as planned, what about FL's mandate that anyone travelling from NY must quarantine for 14 days upon arrival? When will FL's governor clear that order? 

1 hour ago, Kirchoff91 said:

I don't know what to believe anymore with everything going on. I am booked in November and I don't think we will see this cruise. I am no doctor but we have to hope heat and humidity kill this virus. 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22778-updated-carnival-cruise-line-ships-are-expected-to-start-sailing-again.html

i wouldnt read the pessimistic news.  this country is going to reopen faster than ppl expect. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, beachcomberbill said:

The chances are slim to none.  Until there is a vaccine developed, no ports of call are going to allow thousands of passengers get off the ships.  Whatever is left of the cruise industry will come back in one year at the earliest.

according to your opinion?   many keep talking vaccines,.  i dont even see how they could do it, and if so , how effective it will be. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, peterwl694 said:

I have a cruise planned for August on the Breakaway. Final payment was due this weekend and it certainly was not an easy decision whether or not to make that payment or not. Ultimately, we decided to go ahead and make our payment. I want to believe that we'll be getting on the ship (my 3/15 on the Encore was cancelled so hopefully I wont be 0 for 2 this year), but part of me knows that there is a very high chance that it won't be happening. I want to cruise and do plan on cruising, I'm in great health in my 20's, and my parents are in good health as well. (And yes, I am very much aware what is going on in the world - I am an EMT and also work in a nursing home and have been working straight for the past 3 weeks without a day off).

I was in a similar situation a couple of weeks ago.  I ended up making final payment on my June 27th cruise to Alaska on the Joy.   The reason for my decision was because I was told that if NCL cancels my cruise I could get a refund (get my money back) or do the future cruise credit.  If I had requested a refund before final payment, I would have taken a hit so I spun the wheel feeling fairly confidant that the cruise will be cancelled.  

8 hours ago, beachcomberbill said:

The chances are slim to none.  Until there is a vaccine developed, no ports of call are going to allow thousands of passengers get off the ships.  Whatever is left of the cruise industry will come back in one year at the earliest.

We have a winner.  Unfortunately, a vaccine is likely still at least 12 to 18 months away.

How will the vaccine be developed?  The same way as all the others were: hard work of dedicated scientists. 

Will it be effective and safe?  Yes, that is the purpose of performing clinical trials before a vaccine is given to potentially billions of people worldwide.

5 minutes ago, Friscorays said:

We have a winner.  Unfortunately, a vaccine is likely still at least 12 to 18 months away.

How will the vaccine be developed?  The same way as all the others were: hard work of dedicated scientists. 

Will it be effective and safe?  Yes, that is the purpose of performing clinical trials before a vaccine is given to potentially billions of people worldwide.

A vaccine for SARS has been in development for years with no luck so far. Its a very similar virus to covid so dont place your hopes too high.

• Like 1

NIH has a vaccine in phase I of clinical trials which started in mid March.  In an television interview tonight a supervisor working on the project said assuming all goes well,  they hope to have the vaccine available for medical professionals by fall.  Then it should be available to the rest of the world by spring.  Dr. Fauci say they won't wait and will start production on candidate vaccines before they are proven safe and effective.   Fingers are crossed. 

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-clinical-trial-investigational-vaccine-covid-19-begins    

17 hours ago, Kirchoff91 said:

I don't know what to believe anymore with everything going on. I am booked in November and I don't think we will see this cruise. I am no doctor but we have to hope heat and humidity kill this virus. 

Since the virus is hitting places that are already hot & humid, I'd say that's not likely.

• Like 1

No chance for any sailing departing US in June. A do not sail order is currently in place by the government. Unless or until, the do not sail order is lifted or requirements are complied with, any cruise being marketed as departing from a US port in June is misleading, false, and deceptive.

2 hours ago, blcruising said:

No chance for any sailing departing US in June. A do not sail order is currently in place by the government. Unless or until, the do not sail order is lifted or requirements are complied with, any cruise being marketed as departing from a US port in June is misleading, false, and deceptive.

you just said the director can recend it or modify it,  so how can you say "no chance" 

3 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

you just said the director can recend it or modify it,  so how can you say "no chance" 

As of today, it hasn't been rescinded or lifted and the stated requirements have not been met. So, it is currently impossible to operate a cruise from a US port in June.

1 minute ago, blcruising said:

As of today, it hasn't been rescinded or lifted and the stated requirements have not been met. So, it is currently impossible to operate a cruise from a US port in June.

that still doesnt equal , no chance for june, if it can be modified or rescinded. 

23 minutes ago, Kirchoff91 said:

Where? Most place humidity is no where near what the summer humidity would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You need to widen your horizons a bit. This is a worldwide pandemic. Check the weather in Singapore and their continuing NEW CASES of covid19 you'll see how totally wrong you are.