Are we the only one who hasn't received refund?

April 12th cruise canceled.  Requested a refund online 3/24 and screenshot the "Process to Forfeit 125% FCC for a Cruise Fare Refund".

never received confirmation of refund

Received a future cruise credit 4/29.  Immediately called CS.  Gentlemen stated that he will cancel FCC and give refund (leave all the fun stuff out about that convo..doesn't even matter).  Never received confirmation it was cancelled but received a survey :).  Made note to call RC this week.  Called on Tuesday and was told that my refund has been confirmed, but I am now at the back of the line and won't see a refund until 6/15.  So I get punished by their mistake.  Awesome!  Not even worth the battle..as long as I get a fricken refund I'm happy.   

Edited by KelSny1011
typo

On 5/7/2020 at 9:34 PM, pineapple666 said:

Yeah. Have you got any update? The only email I got from them is the apology email last week, but no follow up. 

They don't even apologize to me, lol

I received the second apology email on Wednesday (May 6th), stating that my refund had been processed and funds dispersed and I should see  a refund on my CC in a "few days".

I contacted RCCL today as I have not seen any refund and was told it was only processed on May 8th and I should see a refund on my CC by the end of the week. At this point, I will believe it when I see it. I've found this process, like most of the posters here, disappointing to say the least.

21 minutes ago, pfd104 said:

I received the second apology email on Wednesday (May 6th), stating that my refund had been processed and funds dispersed and I should see  a refund on my CC in a "few days".

I contacted RCCL today as I have not seen any refund and was told it was only processed on May 8th and I should see a refund on my CC by the end of the week. At this point, I will believe it when I see it. I've found this process, like most of the posters here, disappointing to say the least.

Normally I see PENDING credits on my Visa OnLine but not over the weekends they seem to get back to Normal on Tuesdays.

2 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

Normally I see PENDING credits on my Visa OnLine but not over the weekends they seem to get back to Normal on Tuesdays.

i have never seen “pending” credits on my credit card accounts when I check online - only pending charges. 

An update- no refund for us yet. I spoke to yet another CSR, and was told that my situation was escalated. I asked again for more specific information on when we could expect any refund and was told “ there is no way to tell when you will receive your refund”. We went from refund within 30 days to refund in 45 days, to refund by 5/6, to we don’t know when you’re getting a refund. So while I appreciate the honesty, it doesn’t leave me with much hope to see any part of the refund any time soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kteacher said:

An update- no refund for us yet. I spoke to yet another CSR, and was told that my situation was escalated. I asked again for more specific information on when we could expect any refund and was told “ there is no way to tell when you will receive your refund”. We went from refund within 30 days to refund in 45 days, to refund by 5/6, to we don’t know when you’re getting a refund. So while I appreciate the honesty, it doesn’t leave me with much hope to see any part of the refund any time soon.

we were expecting the refund at was supposedly processed 5/6 to hit today but so far nothing

we have some charges unrelated to RC that are still showing pending so BoA may just be slow but it is frustrating when a charge can show up on my account in 3 seconds but a refund takes months

1 minute ago, stompy said:

we were expecting the refund at was supposedly processed 5/6 to hit today but so far nothing

we have some charges unrelated to RC that are still showing pending so BoA may just be slow but it is frustrating when a charge can show up on my account in 3 seconds but a refund takes months

I’ve spoken to my cc company, and there is no pending activity at all. I just thought it was interesting that when I asked for reference numbers for the refund I was told was initiated on 5/6 that the response was they really have no idea when the refund will be received.

This is from my March 15 cruise that Royal cancelled.  Received my FCC in early April.

Port fees and taxes as well as one cruise planner purchase showed up on my credit card today.

They were posted May 3 however they never showed until this morning (I check daily). Looks like the bank held the funds for 8 days until they posted them to my account.  They didn’t even appear in the pending as my purchases do. 

They showed up exactly as expected.  2 cabins so 2 refunds for port fees and taxes and 1 refund for the cruise planner purchase. 

26 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This is from my March 15 cruise that Royal cancelled.  Received my FCC in early April.

Port fees and taxes as well as one cruise planner purchase showed up on my credit card today.

They were posted May 3 however they never showed until this morning (I check daily). Looks like the bank held the funds for 8 days until they posted them to my account.  They didn’t even appear in the pending as my purchases do. 

They showed up exactly as expected.  2 cabins so 2 refunds for port fees and taxes and 1 refund for the cruise planner purchase. 

Nothing showed up yet on my CC, I check the card regularly and now calling RCCL not that it will get me anywhere. happy to hear you finally got some refunds back. We have the Taxes/Port fees, gratuities, etc pending,

1 hour ago, stompy said:

We were expecting the same thing according to their email in response to their email in response to their confirmation, allegedly processed on 5/6 and nothing so far either. 49 days and counting.

Edited by WeatherFx

First time for everything !

I called yesterday and did talk to the resolution dept , yes there are there on Sundays

Today I actually got a nice letter saying they were so sorry for the mistake in the amount of $707

With the email was the CORRECTED FCC for $1593.00 pp.

Its ALMOST over, now waiting on the items from the daily planner that is the only think I am still waiting for.

• Like 2

I had 2 cabins booked for our Oasis cruise that was supposed to sail yesterday.  Requested the refund 5 minutes after I received the cancellation notice on 3/24.  I received the full refund for my son’s cabin over the weekend but nothing on my cabin yet.  My cabin was split on 2 different cards...not sure it that makes any difference at all.  Still waiting....

• Like 1

Still waiting on my cruise refund been told 30 days 45 days told may 1st and may 8th and still nothing, They say there just so back logged it takes so long to process i figure they keep having to wait on there borrowed money to show up before they can refund.  about ready to write them off for anything in the future and go elsewhere for curising 

After trying several times to call without having to wait hours on hold over the weekend, I called early this morning and was straight out lied to by the phone rep.  First, she said she was not allowed to give me any information about pending refunds I would have to contact Costco (whom we purchased our cruise thru), then she said I show you got refunded already, I said no I didn’t, I only got refunded back for my shore excursions and that was it, I said what refunds do you show?  She said I cannot tell you any information, that is private?  I said I freaking purchased this cruise and you can’t tell me?  I just hung up and later called Costco, after almost 2 hrs Costco called me back and told me it would be another 4 weeks for my refund, it’s already been close to 60 days, *****!  And she said the person she spoke to said the person I spoke to at Royal should have been able to tell me my info, Screw Royal!

Edited by Birdy233
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Birdy233 said:

After trying several times to call without having to wait hours on hold over the weekend, I called early this morning and was straight out lied to by the phone rep.  First, she said she was not allowed to give me any information about pending refunds I would have to contact Costco (whom we purchased our cruise thru), then she said I show you got refunded already, I said no I didn’t, I only got refunded back for my shore excursions and that was it, I said what refunds do you show?  She said I cannot tell you any information, that is private?  I said I freaking purchased this cruise and you can’t tell me?  I just hung up and later called Costco, after almost 2 hrs Costco called me back and told me it would be another 4 weeks for my refund, it’s already been close to 60 days, *****!  And she said the person she spoke to said the person I spoke to at Royal should have been able to tell me my info, Screw Royal!

When I called this morning I was told if my TA gives RCCL permission then they can discuss our Refunds, see if Cosco will do the same. 

• Like 2

I got some refund amounts today on my credit card but not the full amount yet. I think I read they can come in chunks, but for those who have already gotten their refunds, how many days apart were the refund chunks spaced out when they appeared on your credit card?

29 minutes ago, SkierRobUMN said:

I got some refund amounts today on my credit card but not the full amount yet. I think I read they can come in chunks, but for those who have already gotten their refunds, how many days apart were the refund chunks spaced out when they appeared on your credit card?

When did you request the refund? It's been a week since they said they refunded ours. I call B.S. Longest it's ever taken me to have a refund processed is 4 days. I think the emails are just a stall tactic, so you wait a week after each email.

UPDATE: Called after posting this, on hold for about 1 minute. They told me it's been processed, gave me the amounts and cards to be refunded on. They said it takes 7-10 days to process - so supposedly by this  Friday.

Edited by WeatherFx

Still nothing on the credit card

Carlos says it is in their hands now

opened up a dispute on all 16 charges

i then called RC but hung up after 40 minutes on hold, never having spoken to a live agent

14 hours ago, Birdy233 said:

Yeah they will not talk to you directly if you booked through Costco, I found out the same thing. They said that’s a travel agency call them and they can call us.

still missing my last $1400 and Costco’s phone lines are overwhelmed.

We got our refund on the deposit today-doesn't really make sense other than that was the first transaction for that particular cruise but the other $4700 is still in limbo.  I emailed Carlos and Aurora again today and intend to continue doing so daily until this is resolved...