A1 Cabins: Noise from above

Greetings,

I'm currently booked in an A2 cabin for a 2022 cruise (on the Solstice). I'm looking to switch to an A1 cabin for complete shade with the large overhang. 

I wanted to find out if the cabins under the solarium  are noisy, specifically those that are under the whirlpool?  One cabin that looks to be right under is 1560. 1558 is available.  Of course, the deck plans may not be 100% perfect. 

Thank you,

Monica

The solarium will have less noise than the pool deck, for sure.  Beware the window washing equipment that lurks just to the left of those rooms.   You'll be just far enough away for it not to obstruct too badly.  Compass Rose is the name of Regent's MDR, FYI.

28 minutes ago, marieps said:

The solarium will have less noise than the pool deck, for sure.  Beware the window washing equipment that lurks just to the left of those rooms.   You'll be just far enough away for it not to obstruct too badly.  Compass Rose is the name of Regent's MDR, FYI.

Thanks for your comments. I don't think I'll be bothered by the window washing equipment since it's two cabins down. I'm more concerned about any whirlpool noise. I may just stay put or select a cabin on the port side. 🙂

Monica

It depends if you are a light sleeper.  You could hear cleaning taking place  early in the morning.  I have heard it can be noisy under the Aqua cafe but that is on the Port side.

Aqua class cabins are in some of the worst locations.  Never book a cabin below the pool deck or above the buffet. I liked Blu, but have chosen not to book it again. Prefer cabins on decks that are located between 2 decks of cabins.  Another bad cabin was on Solstice ships on deck 6 above the ensemble lounge. 

You may wish to search the Sticky on S-Class Cabin Review at the top of the Celebrity topics -

There is one review and indicates  1558 was very quiet but the view was disappointing  -  In comments they say

Didn't like being under overhang, view forward obstructed by window washing equipment, not labeled obstructed view cabin but should be in my opinion

image.thumb.png.8e89a438541a7bcd4b2fb5ccce69beac.png

6 hours ago, Compass Rose Monica said:

Greetings,

I'm currently booked in an A2 cabin for a 2022 cruise (on the Solstice). I'm looking to switch to an A1 cabin for complete shade with the large overhang. 

I wanted to find out if the cabins under the solarium  are noisy, specifically those that are under the whirlpool?  One cabin that looks to be right under is 1560. 1558 is available.  Of course, the deck plans may not be 100% perfect. 

Thank you,

Monica

Look at 1546.  Right next to the stairs/elevators.    It's an A2, but nothing above it that would be noisy.  If you want to stay in that area, 1558 has bed by the bath, 1580 by the balcony.  Look at 1549 on the angle, port side.  It has a larger balcony, bed by the balcony.  All those are available for your sailing.  🍷

Edited by Wine-O

We have been on the Solstice twice, once in cabin 1562 and again this year in 1566. We have never had noise issues under the Solarium, and could not hear the Jacuzzi running while in 1562, which I think is right below.

Sent from my iPad using Forums