Sharing OBC

DwayneG

My wife and I each get $300 OBC as a perk.  Do we need to wach our spending to carefully spend $300 on each card or can the $600 total cover all spending for the cabin, regardless of card used?

11 minutes ago, shof515 said:

from my past cruises, the OBC was for the cabin. it did not matter who used the card

This. ⬆️

We usually have three in a cabin. Our OBC is usually split $300 to Person 1, $300 to Person 2 and $150 to Person 3 (or something like that).

Generally Person 3 never swipes her card, but her OBC covers the costs swiped by Person 1 and 2. We also only have one credit card covering costs for the cabin, so that keeps things simpler for all of us.

2 hours ago, DwayneG said:

My wife and I each get $300 OBC as a perk.  Do we need to wach our spending to carefully spend $300 on each card or can the $600 total cover all spending for the cabin, regardless of card used?

If you have a joint account, then you have $600 on the joint account. If you set up your account so that each person has their own account billed separately, then you have to watch each account. Most families have joint accounts vs. two friends sharing a cabin, each with their own account. 

Edited by BirdTravels

The big difference is on the payment method placed on the cabin.   IF it is only only payment-  credit card-  of course it will be a combined charge.     Otherwise,   it's separate use of the obc-  IF each person has their own payment arranged.