malta advice

poorer

Thinking about doing a cruise from Malta next year.

How easy are the transfers to and from the ship?

Can I also arrange additional luggage I  don't travel light through P&O.

Many Thanks

• Like 1

When we cruised out of Malta on Oceana about three years ago we checked our luggage in at LGW, did not see it again until outside the cabin.  There were coaches from the airport straight to the port.  About 20-30 minutes I think.  Did the checking in stuff at the port, then straight onto the ship.

Returning, we left checked in baggage outside the cabin the night before, next time we saw it was on the carousel at LGW.  Coach straight to the airport and go through security.

Can't comment on extra luggage as we only take 20 kgs each when flying.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

When we cruised out of Malta on Oceana about three years ago we checked our luggage in at LGW, did not see it again until outside the cabin.  There were coaches from the airport straight to the port.  About 20-30 minutes I think.  Did the checking in stuff at the port, then straight onto the ship.

Returning, we left checked in baggage outside the cabin the night before, next time we saw it was on the carousel at LGW.  Coach straight to the airport and go through security.

Can't comment on extra luggage as we only take 20 kgs each when flying.

Thanks for that.  We are out of Malta next year.

I pack far too much I know.

A different outfit for every night this means different shoes and bags.

Outfits for going ashore .

Outfits for the ships.

Extra outfits just in case.

Various sandals and flip flops.

Hairdryer,straightners ,make up cleaning products ,hair products basically whatever I can pack I will.

Then bring most of it home unworn!

Most embarrassing moment is when we did a back to back the second cruise only being a two day you should have seen people's faces when I had all my luggage on the trolley.

Oh don't forget also luggage for my husband and son.

If I can't take extra then they will have to take a carrier bag each then I will have their allowance .

Don't think I will never change !

Have a great day x

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, poorer said:

I pack far too much I know.

A different outfit for every night this means different shoes and bags.

Outfits for going ashore .

Outfits for the ships.

Extra outfits just in case.

Various sandals and flip flops.

Hairdryer,straightners ,make up cleaning products ,hair products basically whatever I can pack I will.

Then bring most of it home unworn!

Most embarrassing moment is when we did a back to back the second cruise only being a two day you should have seen people's faces when I had all my luggage on the trolley.

Oh don't forget also luggage for my husband and son.

If I can't take extra then they will have to take a carrier bag each then I will have their allowance .

Don't think I will never change !

Have a great day x

I’m with you! I always take more than I need, but like to have plenty of clothes to choose from depending on weather etc. It’s one of the reasons we always cruise from Southampton! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/20/2020 at 6:56 PM, poorer said:

Thinking about doing a cruise from Malta next year.

How easy are the transfers to and from the ship?

Can I also arrange additional luggage I  don't travel light through P&O.

Many Thanks

Extra luggage was easy to arrange. We were with Jet2 and just did it on their website.

It has been a real breath of fresh air poorer to read this thread at the minute. :-)

What itinerary have you booked? Am guessing it is on Azura. We have a cruise booked for April on Azura and our itinerary looks brilliant

12 hours ago, Presto2 said:

It has been a real breath of fresh air poorer to read this thread at the minute. 🙂

What itinerary have you booked? Am guessing it is on Azura. We have a cruise booked for April on Azura and our itinerary looks brilliant

Hi Presto2

We are on the Azura 8th April until the 22nd, Greece and Italy and the Itinerary has you say looks brilliant.

Bob

Only booked yesterday so no itinerary booked yet .

Yes we have booked Azura for April for two weeks.

I apologise now if the plane struggles to get off the ground with all my luggage as found out I can take extra.

Husband not to happy that we have to pay the excess but I said its compensation for all my cancelled cruises.

See something always good comes out of a bad situation.

Enjoy the sunshine

• Like 1

We are looking at this fly cruise late in 2021, spending our FCC from the cancelled Iona Maiden.  The ports look fabulous and though we have done some of them before, they're all places we'd like to visit again.  

My luggage is generally well under 20Kg, and I don't have to wash anything during the cruise., and still bring back stuff unworn, but each to their own.  Once did Spain (not a cruise though so no evening-wear)  for week on hand luggage, which included 3 paperbacks.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 9:19 AM, bobupandown said:

Hi Presto2

We are on the Azura 8th April until the 22nd, Greece and Italy and the Itinerary has you say looks brilliant.

Bob

We just do the first part of that cruise -- well, we should be. We are not holding out much hope for any holidays abroad next year either to be honest unless there is some sort of a vaccine. We can but hope though as it is hubby's 60th celebration and we just love every port that Azura is visiting. We have a super aft cabin booked too. :-)