Golden Suites for roundtrip japan itinerary?

I was planning to book a Junior Suite and the first RCL sales said I will have access to Coastal Kitchen for dinner only.  When I tried to pay the deposit, another RCL sales said I am not entitled to dine in Coastal Kitchen because of Golden Suites (certain sailings have modified benefits).  The sailing I am interested is roundtrip Tokyo on Quantum of the Sea and it won't dock in China.  I just read online that Golden Suite is for sailings from mainland China.  So what does this mean? Does it include or not include?

I never sailed with RCL before, but have sailed mostly with Celebrity or HAL.  Therefore, i am very unfamiliar with RCL programs.  

If someone knows what's going on, it will be great if you could clarify things.  I find RCL is very confusing on amenities and benefits.  Nothing seems to be simple/clear.

Thank you very much.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

You should be able to have dinner if there’s available room in coastal kitchen.

But you won’t really find out until you get on there to be honest,ships can vary and it’s a waste of time asking RCI

I think so.. seems like getting different response everytime.. haha

2 hours ago, wahwah1 said:

Like I said you won’t really know until onboard.

We were on Ovation which is the same ship recently. Junior suite,we couldn’t eat there first night because they were busy .

If you can’t eat there the solarium is a nice venue and mostly free.

2 hours ago, wahwah1 said:

Grand suite or above you can have all meals in coastal kitchen  plus there’s a lot of extra perks that make it worth the money,free booze,ship tours ,internet,lunch with the captain,private suite lounge.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, wahwah1 said:

I was planning to book a Junior Suite and the first RCL sales said I will have access to Coastal Kitchen for dinner only.  When I tried to pay the deposit, another RCL sales said I am not entitled to dine in Coastal Kitchen because of Golden Suites (certain sailings have modified benefits).  The sailing I am interested is roundtrip Tokyo on Quantum of the Sea and it won't dock in China.  I just read online that Golden Suite is for sailings from mainland China.  So what does this mean? Does it include or not include?

I never sailed with RCL before, but have sailed mostly with Celebrity or HAL.  Therefore, i am very unfamiliar with RCL programs.  

If someone knows what's going on, it will be great if you could clarify things.  I find RCL is very confusing on amenities and benefits.  Nothing seems to be simple/clear.

Thank you very much.

you may want to call and speak to someone else. We booked quantum for the 4/5/21 sailing the other day and when I called yesterday to apply my FCC I asked about this and was told that it wouldn’t apply since we are sailing from Tokyo not HK or China. We are in a GS but I asked anyway because we had originally planned to book a JS however the rate for the GS was too good to pass up.

are you on the 4/5 or 4/15 sailing?

7 hours ago, njmelis24 said:

you may want to call and speak to someone else. We booked quantum for the 4/5/21 sailing the other day and when I called yesterday to apply my FCC I asked about this and was told that it wouldn’t apply since we are sailing from Tokyo not HK or China. We are in a GS but I asked anyway because we had originally planned to book a JS however the rate for the GS was too good to pass up.

are you on the 4/5 or 4/15 sailing?

4/5.. i haven't asked about GS.. i don't know how to navigate on the web to see other selections and how the price would be different.  I will call again to inquire the price again.

• 1 year later...
59 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

What are Golden Suites, what are their benefits?

They are specific to sailings from Asia, different to the regular suites program. More info:

29 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think she just means full suites and they have a gold sea pass card. It's not a actual term I've ever heard of just the color of the card.

^This is incorrect.

• Like 2

Silver Suites and Golden Suites are only available on Spectrum of the Seas.

US: Ultimate Family Suite

GL: Grand Loft Suite

GS: Grand Suite

JG: Golden Junior Suite

BG: Golden Balcony

J1: Silver Junior Suite

J4: Silver Junior Suite

Spectrum of the Seas does not have Coastal Kitchen. This is replaced by the Silver Dining and Gold Dining.

J4, J1: can access the Silver Dining

BG, JG, GS, OS, GL, US: can access both the Gold Dining and Silver Dining

If you want to match with the Sea/Sky/Star suite classification on other ships, it will be:

Sea Class: J4, J1

Sky Class: BG, JG, GS, OS

Star Class: GL, US

Here is the list of benefits.

image.thumb.png.a28699838e8b38e7ed233a31cf6d3850.png

Edited by Cruise Wonderland
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1