The Future of Luxury Cruising (from a Regent-lover's point of view)

34 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

Deck bbq's we know, but what is a Country Fair?

Hmm, how to describe it.  You'll probably get some glowing descriptions, but here's mine. Different departments on the ship open booths on the pool deck, along the two sides.  Housekeeping, waiters, etc.  They all run little games.  Housekeeping might do something like towel-folding, say.  Carnival-type games, guessing games.  You get tokens for these I believe. There'll be a band playing, and food and drinks flowing.

It's always on a sea day I believe.  Mildly amusing, but no more, at least for me.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Hmm, how to describe it.  You'll probably get some glowing descriptions, but here's mine. Different departments on the ship open booths on the pool deck, along the two sides.  Housekeeping, waiters, etc.  They all run little games.  Housekeeping might do something like towel-folding, say.  Carnival-type games, guessing games.  You get tokens for these I believe. There'll be a band playing, and food and drinks flowing.

It's always on a sea day I believe.  Mildly amusing, but no more, at least for me.

It's like an elementary school fair.

I just hope cruising comes back soon....I am getting tired of drinking vodka in the laundry room, sitting on the washing machine (full of sneakers and towels) and with the sink running while pretending I am on the back deck of the Navigator.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

PS - Want a good way to get a lot of Regent Points?

Invite the staff/dancers to dinner every night and then call them in the afternoon and offer to cancel dinner (so they get the night off) in exchange for Regent Points.

I get a couple hundred more points and I can buy a tender.

1 minute ago, Pcardad said:

I just hope cruising comes back soon....I am getting tired of drinking vodka in the laundry room, sitting on the washing machine (full of sneakers and towels) and with the sink running while pretending I am on the back deck of the Navigator.

LOL! I actually did a physically distant lesson in learning how to fish as a recently opened forest preserve yesterday - listening to the ripples hitting the shore was pretty relaxing.  And I'm getting a lot more use of my patio this year than last!

• Like 2

We enjoy this very much - people laughing, interacting with the crew and just having plain good old fun.  I don't recall food being a part of it as it is a time limited event (likely 30-45 minutes).  Plus, one really cannot eat or drink while trying to play the games.  

One of my favorites was done a few years ago.  Three crew members represented the wheel on a slot machine.  They each had a bag with cherries, bars, etc.  When you stepped up, you pulled the arm (of a crew member) and the "wheel" picked pictures out of the bag.  You may have had to be there to "get it" but it was fun.

2 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

We enjoy this very much - people laughing, interacting with the crew and just having plain good old fun.  I don't recall food being a part of it as it is a time limited event (likely 30-45 minutes).  Plus, one really cannot eat or drink while trying to play the games.  

One of my favorites was done a few years ago.  Three crew members represented the wheel on a slot machine.  They each had a bag with cherries, bars, etc.  When you stepped up, you pulled the arm (of a crew member) and the "wheel" picked pictures out of the bag.  You may have had to be there to "get it" but it was fun.

We have only had 1 Country Fair. It was an absolutely beautiful day on the Navigator on our way to Normandy beach and Amsterdam from nyc last year.  We had a great time!!!  Very well attended.  It was the perfect setting on the pool deck.  No food.  Everyone too busy playing 😀.