Majority of NCL ships are transitioning to cold layup (4/27/20)

fstuff1

20 hours ago, graphicguy said:

That’s true of your mailman who delivers your mail, or the clerk stocking the bread you just brought home from the grocery store, etc, etc.

Getting out of bed every morning can be perceived as a risk.

You’re going to be in fear the rest of your life if you try to cover every conceivable eventuality.  If a crew member sees someone with flu like symptoms, I’m sure they’ll report it immediately.

As it stands with the latest numbers I’ve seen, of the entire population of the United States, 3/10th of 1% have contracted COVID 19.  Of that 3/10th of 1%,  2/100th of those have died.  Actually, the number is less.  It’s .000173!!!!!!

So, will I be cautious?  Yes.  Am I fearful of being one of the .000173?  Nope!  Doesn’t meant it can’t happen.  It just means it is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY that it would.

I am one who loves to cruise.  It is a happy place!  Party from Sunrise to Sunset!  So much to do and meet new people/chat/just have fun.  Away from work and relax and forget everything.  How awesome is that?!

REALITY:  Our Governor (NJ) just opened up Golf Courses effective Saturday at Sunrise.  YAY!  He may retract that EO if people misbehave.  Big Sigh...

Governor of California just closed all beaches after reopening them. Another big sigh, but people are stupid and self absorbed these days.  JMO.

Question...I am Asymptomatic from NY/NJ and flying to Miami out of NY/NJ. Got on a plane.  Stood next to you at Airport/Hotel/grabbed an Uber to get me to the ship.  Stood in line to board.  No problem, correct?

I am still puzzled/intrigued how the Cruise Lines plan to re-open and provide guidance to passengers regarding safety to all while still accepting new bookings.  LOTS OF CRUISERS ARE NOT ON CC, therefore, they need to post guidelines (on Website) and what is expected before boarding and accepting "New Money" to secure "My Vacation" with Ports unknown and subject to change.  

FDR can donate some of his sickening salary to worker bees who worked hard. They cut hours/laid off.   He is no where to be found.  Maybe he is lounging at the Vibe for extra $$$$$?  Maybe he running multiple laps at the Race Track for extra $$$$?  Maybe he is on VR deck shooting competitive cruise lines for extra $$$?  Good grief and LOL!

JMO.  Be safe 🙂

• Like 3

I do think people should be cognizant of those around them, and if they show signs of any sickness, to distance yourself.

The nearest thing we have measurements of is the H1N1.  The death rate in the U.S. was .02 (or, a little above COVID 19 mortality rate currently).  Vaccine started in April 2009 and was available in December 2009.

People talk about the Spanish Flu, but that was a different time and age.  Medicine wasn’t nearly as advanced as it is today.  Plus, trying to control it in what we would consider disgusting living environments (any bathing was probably done with contaminated water, at the time) and the fact that travel was not restricted (at least not to the point it is right now).  It’s like comparing olives to apples.  Yes, they’re both born of plants, but that’s about it.

A lot of the outcome is dependent upon how hygienic people are (wash your hands, people).  

As far as the cruise industry, any outbreak I’ve ever seen of something like norovirus is usually because someone, somewhere on the ship wasn’t very hygienic.  If the cruise lines can insist on the washing of hands regularly (in and out of ports, in and out of restaurants, etc), then any illness will be minimal.

49 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I do think people should be cognizant of those around them, and if they show signs of any sickness, to distance yourself.

The nearest thing we have measurements of is the H1N1.  The death rate in the U.S. was .02 (or, a little above COVID 19 mortality rate currently).  Vaccine started in April 2009 and was available in December 2009.

People talk about the Spanish Flu, but that was a different time and age.  Medicine wasn’t nearly as advanced as it is today.  Plus, trying to control it in what we would consider disgusting living environments (any bathing was probably done with contaminated water, at the time) and the fact that travel was not restricted (at least not to the point it is right now).  It’s like comparing olives to apples.  Yes, they’re both born of plants, but that’s about it.

A lot of the outcome is dependent upon how hygienic people are (wash your hands, people).  

As far as the cruise industry, any outbreak I’ve ever seen of something like norovirus is usually because someone, somewhere on the ship wasn’t very hygienic.  If the cruise lines can insist on the washing of hands regularly (in and out of ports, in and out of restaurants, etc), then any illness will be minimal.

Hand washing, while helpful is not sufficient to minimize the spread of COVID-19, which is primarily transmitted by respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs or sneezes. Hand washing only helps prevent spread from touching your eyes, mouth or nose after touching objects or surfaces that may have virus on it.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html#How-COVID-19-Spreads

The virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to spread mainly from person to person, mainly through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs. Spread is more likely when people are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).